PDA

View Full Version : Lowell/New Hampshire, home and home 11/2, 11/3

UMLFan
10-30-2013, 08:58 AM
I don't believe I missed an already existing thread, so please forgive me if I did.

Personally, very much looking forward to this weekend's series after the (desperately needed) bounce back weekend by Lowell out in Michigan.

This is the first league game for both teams. UML comes in at 3-3, while UNH comes in at 1-3-1. Both teams have given up 12 goal, while UML has scored 3 more (albeit, Lowell has played one more game).

I'd expect Lowell to split the starting netminder duties this weekend.

Lowell hosts on Friday night, Saturday night up at UNH (on WBIN TV as well).

Gibber
10-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Does lowell have a video stream for Friday night's game?

Aerman
10-30-2013, 10:36 AM
The opener aside, 'Cats are struggling to find the back of the net. I'm dismayed to say that I'll be happy with a split weekend. :(

Both teams win at home?

UMLFan
10-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Does lowell have a video stream for Friday night's game?I believe they've been doing one.

Snively65
10-31-2013, 12:14 AM
Never had a problem getting a ticket at Tsongas, so will be there on Friday night.

UMLFan
10-31-2013, 10:37 AM
Never had a problem getting a ticket at Tsongas, so will be there on Friday night.
We've basically been averaging somewhere around 5k the last couple of years, with some random sellouts. I'd expect a good crowd again, Friday, and would recommend getting there early to get your tickets. Get the tickets, then go get a beer. :)

Snively65
11-01-2013, 07:20 AM
We've basically been averaging somewhere around 5k the last couple of years, with some random sellouts. I'd expect a good crowd again, Friday, and would recommend getting there early to get your tickets. Get the tickets, then go get a beer. :)

Thanks for the heads up; I will ask my friend to obtain tickets early as I cannot get there until right before game time.

UNH played really well in their first two games against UML last year, before the Cats' season went south.

UMLFan
11-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up; I will ask my friend to obtain tickets early as I cannot get there until right before game time.

UNH played really well in their first two games against UML last year, before the Cats' season went south.
They did indeed play well. But then again, they also caught Lowell when the Hawks weren't playing well.

Aerman
11-01-2013, 10:59 AM
They did indeed play well. But then again, they also caught Lowell when the Hawks weren't playing well.

And Hellebucyk wasn't in net. Hellboy, like Gillies, is a problem for the 'Cats (and most other teams as well :D).

Go-UML
11-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Does lowell have a video stream for Friday night's game?
This is the link on our website. http://www.goriverhawks.tv/

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
11-01-2013, 06:20 PM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013/11/1/5053704/umass-lowell-unh-new-hampshire-pregame-line-charts-norm-bazin-dick-umile

Pregame notes and line chart for UNH @ UML.

UML
11-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Good game tonight.

Snively65
11-02-2013, 01:41 AM
Good game tonight.

Hmm, I thought that the game was ugly, with little flow, poor shot selection, and incredibly sloppy play on both sides, not to mention the chippiness in the third. Hellybucyk is a difference maker, for sure. I think that UML is again the better team this year; but, how in the world did they lose to Sacred Heart in their opener?

UMLFan
11-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Hmm, I thought that the game was ugly, with little flow, poor shot selection, and incredibly sloppy play on both sides, not to mention the chippiness in the third. Hellybucyk is a difference maker, for sure. I think that UML is again the better team this year; but, how in the world did they lose to Sacred Heart in their opener?
We're wondering the same. :(

Chuck Murray
11-02-2013, 11:41 AM

I'm sure we can attribute that to Sacred Heart's new AD ... if not, I'm sure he'll find some way to take credit for it himself. :rolleyes:

Patman
11-02-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm sure we can attribute that to Sacred Heart's new AD ... if not, I'm sure he'll find some way to take credit for it himself. :rolleyes:

hey, he won a world series for us this year :p

Go-UML
11-02-2013, 06:21 PM
how in the world did they lose to Sacred Heart in their opener?If you figure it out, let us know. :(

UML
11-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Nice kick pass