8) Bowdoin
    9) Hobart
    10) Babson
    11) St. John's
    12) Mass - Boston
    13) Wisconsin - Stevens Point
    14) Neumann
    15) Williams

Others receiving votes: Middlebury 27, Gustavus Adolphus 24, Amherst 23, Milwaukee School of Engineering 18, St. Thomas 14, Manhattanville 11, Castleton 10, Wisconsin-River Falls 10, Geneseo 9, St. Scholastica 7, Buffalo State 4, Wentworth 3, Massachusetts-Dartmouth 2, New England College 1, Wisconsin-Superior 1.

Personally, I am more in line with the D3hockey.com poll, but we'll get a better idea starting Friday. DROP THAT PUCK!
    Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

Listen to GSU Hockey

Re: USCHO.com Men's Division III pre-season poll

Plattsburgh should be a top three team, Norwich should be out of the top 5 to start the year.
    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
      Plattsburgh should be a top three team, Norwich should be out of the top 5 to start the year.
      Agreed. Norwich lost a lot and hasn't proven anything yet. We'll see Friday...I also think Oswego is too high currently.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

At least there is no evidence of western bias
        Last edited by norm1909; 10-29-2013, 08:59 AM.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Agreed. Norwich lost a lot and hasn't proven anything yet. We'll see Friday...I also think Oswego is too high currently.
          I agree, this version of Oswego is too unknown yet to warrant top five. My pick would be Norbert, Plattsburgh, Utica, then everybody else
          2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
          2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
          2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
          2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

not to sure how Oswego can even be in the top 10,they have replaced nearly 75% of the team. i do hope they can get/be that high in the rankings when the regular season ends,but now??

Comment

Preseason polls, like all polls until the NCAA rankings come out, are useless. And this polls seems to be ranking teams based more on the end of last year than on the beginning of this year. The other poll seems to be a little more accurate with St. Norbert, Platty and Utica as the top 3. Oswego being #4 and ranked ahead of Utica is laughable. But someone should post this on the Utica board just for Fishman.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                not to sure how Oswego can even be in the top 10,they have replaced nearly 75% of the team. i do hope they can get/be that high in the rankings when the regular season ends,but now??
                Somebody at D3Hockey.com tossed Oswego a number one vote
                #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                  Somebody at D3Hockey.com tossed Oswego a number one vote
                  Doc did. Just to fuel the fire
                  2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                  2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                  2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                  2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                  2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

The initial USCHO Poll has always been more about honouring the high achievers from the previous season, so no need to find holes in their choices at this point.
                    This POLL will provide more than enough reason to scratch your head in the weeks to come.The traditional powers are rarely displaced quickly here.

I find the the D3 Hockey POLL has much less to do with history and more to do with results.

Comment

The USCHO could at least make it look like they care when making this poll.
                      Last years champ ranked #1 followed by DIII's big four ranked #2-5.

Nice job USCHO. No really, great job, except that its not.

Comment

Haven't western teams won 4 of the last 5 national championships? If the east wants to remove the western bias they need to show it in March.
                        Last edited by lincoln07; 10-29-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Actually....NO. The East has won two of the last 5. A much better historical reference would show the East has won 14 of the last 20. By that measure, the East has show plenty in March.

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln07 View Post
                            Haven't western teams won 4 of the last 5 national championships? If the east wants to remove the western bias they need to show it in March.
                            Absolutely. Just as the Eastern teams did for years. I do find it funny tho that we talk about results in March yet the West (ECAC) have 3 teams...tic
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                              Plattsburgh has a lot of great talent on it this year, but a top 3 team? They didn't win their conference reg season title, they didn't win their conference championship, their record wasn't good enough last year to qualify for an at-large bid... I just don't see the body of work to justify a top 3 place for them. Do they have the potential to be top 3? Absolutely. They could win the d3 championship this season. But I wouldn't place them above WEC, Norbert, Adrian or Norwich. I'd probably put them around the same place I would put Utica and Hobart. Whether to place them above or below Oswego is tough because obviously Oswego accomplished a lot last season but replaced more than half the team. So do you go with the team that proved themselves last season but then lost 14 players? Or the team with a lot of potential that failed to prove themselves capable of winning when it really counted last season? I think both Oswego and Platty are top 10 teams and both have the potential to win the d3 championship this year. But both also have the potential to flop, fail, underperform, and barely scrape by the top 15. Honestly, I think both teams are placed too high in this poll and will really have to prove themselves early on to justify being that high up.

Comment

Working...
                              X