Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO off-season player dismissal epilogue. Strange outcome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO off-season player dismissal epilogue. Strange outcome.

The "victim" didn't cooperate with the authorities or show up in court because, it sounds like, the whole thing got blown out of proportion, not that that does White or Hodge any good right now (Simonson got a flyer in the first place from the school).

Sad and bizarre ending for those two guys who got a punishment even the victim himself thought went too far:

http://www.omaha.com/article/2013102...131028624/1707

White's eligibility is now shot. I don't know what Hodge has been up to, since.

Re: UNO off-season player dismissal epilogue. Strange outcome.

Reached by telephone at work Monday, Triplett said he didn’t know he was needed in court. But, he added, he wouldn’t have shown up anyway.

“I just look at it as they were punished enough and I’m glad it’s all over,” Triplett said. “I didn’t even want (White and Hodge) kicked off the team and their scholarships taken away. I think it was just one of those things where the alcohol was doing the talking.”
    So your conclusion is that since the victim didn't show up in court, it was blown out of proportion and the players are innocent? The charge was disorderly conduct, not exactly a felony. White pleaded guilty and was sentenced to....a $75 fine. Doesn't sound like the charges were blown out of proportion at all. Apparently, UNO just didn't want to have these two doorknobs representing their team/school.

Actions have consequences. Hopefully these knuckleheads learned their lesson from this ordeal and A. Stop using racial slurs, and B. Stop getting drunk and trying to fight strangers. And you certainly aren't doing them any favors by excusing their stupid antics.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      So your conclusion is that since the victim didn't show up in court, it was blown out of proportion and the players are innocent? The charge was disorderly conduct, not exactly a felony. White pleaded guilty and was sentenced to....a $75 fine. Doesn't sound like the charges were blown out of proportion at all. Apparently, UNO just didn't want to have these two doorknobs representing their team/school.

Actions have consequences. Hopefully these knuckleheads learned their lesson from this ordeal and A. Stop using racial slurs, and B. Stop getting drunk and trying to fight strangers. And you certainly aren't doing them any favors by excusing their stupid antics.
      I, personally, don't know if it was blown out of proportion. I can't say because I wasn't there, but it seems clear the "victim" here thought so, at least, to me, judging by his comments. He'd certainly know that better than any of us, since he was there that night. And, I am not trying excuse what went on, whatever it was, in any way. I don't really "know" what happened and I have not seen any police report of this incident published by any local news source so as to formulate such an opinion.

I don't know what else I am supposed to think, though, when the victim as much as says the punishment did not fit the crime, to the point that he would not cooperate with the authorities in a criminal proceeding against persons he was victimized by.

Comment

I'm not sure why you'd want these two to continue to be associated with your program.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
          I, personally, don't know if it was blown out of proportion. I can't say because I wasn't there, but it seems clear the "victim" here thought so, at least, to me, judging by his comments. He'd certainly know that better than any of us, since he was there that night. And, I am not trying excuse what went on, whatever it was, in any way. I don't really "know" what happened and I have not seen any police report of this incident published by any local news source so as to formulate such an opinion.

I don't know what else I am supposed to think, though, when the victim as much as says the punishment did not fit the crime, to the point that he would not cooperate with the authorities in a criminal proceeding against persons he was victimized by.
          Two of the three had their cases dismissed. The other guy paid a $75 fine. Sounds like the accused avoided any real criminal record. These were rinky-dink charges. So what was blown out of proportion? Oh, it affected the hockey team you root for. So you ARE defending these clowns by continuing to use quotations around the word "victim". And by saying things like:

"the whole thing got blown out of proportion, not that that does White or Hodge any good right now"
          "Sad and bizarre ending for those two guys who got a punishment even the victim himself thought went too far"
          "I, personally, don't know if it was blown out of proportion. I can't say because I wasn't there, but..."
          "I am not trying excuse what went on, whatever it was, in any way...I don't know what else I am supposed to think, though, when the victim as much as says the punishment did not fit the crime"

The punishment that "didn't fit the crime" came from the school, not the criminal justice system. Nor the victim or the police had any say in that part of it. Considering the guy who plead guilty got a $75 fine, it wasn't even worth it for the victim to take the time off work to go to the hearings. Like Triplett said, "they were punished enough".

There are all kinds of possibilities for what actually happened that night, but most likely the two UNO players (one of whom was 26 years old) were behaving like idiots and as a result, UNO decided they didn't want two of them representing their school anymore. So if you want to blame someone, blame the UNO administration or the players themselves. Not the victim or the police.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Game thread UNO vs Denver NCHC opener
            http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...C-Season-Begin
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

the punishment from the school fit the crime just fine. UNO doesn't need to be known as a school that condones racism.
              UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Working...
              X