East-West Challenge Tournament!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East-West Challenge Tournament!

It is Time! The East-West Challenge Tournament is this weekend at Kreitzberg ... so who is coming?

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
    It is Time! The East-West Challenge Tournament is this weekend at Kreitzberg ... so who is coming?
    East/West Classic...

The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: East-West Challenge Tournament!

I will be there to watch D with wife and son.

Looking forward to watching some good hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain_Hockey_Dad View Post
        I will be there to watch D with wife and son.

Looking forward to watching some good hockey.
        You can't beat the field at the East/West to kickoff the season!

4 of the best there are.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

It should be fan-tastic action and such a great way to jump start the season! You have to feel Elmira is coming in as a pre-season #1, but then they still have to go out and prove that on the ice.
          Sorry to miss the Finland-USA contest over in Middlebury Friday afternoon, but the Editor is flying in from B.C.
          Hope to see you all at Kreitzberg on Saturday.

Comment

Any special things to know about parking near Kreitzberg? Our hotel is the Comfort Inn near Montpelier. There is an Applebee's next to it. Restaurant suggestions near the rink and hotel would also be welcome.

Comment

Any special things to know about parking near Kreitzberg? Our hotel is the Comfort Inn near Montpelier. There is an Applebee's next to it. Restaurant suggestions near the rink and hotel would also be welcome.
              Parking isn't too bad. There is a lot right next to the rink that you should be able to get parking in if you arrive 30 minutes to an hour before the game. If that lot fills up, there are two HUGE lots a little more walking distance away.

The Comfort Inn is definitely the one you wanted. You will likely have one or two of the teams staying with you at the hotel. You are actually in Berlin at that hotel even though its listed as Montpelier. The Applebees is right there as well as Shaws and Walmart should you need any food or anything along those lines.

Depending what you are looking for dining options you have plenty of options a 10-minute drive away in Montpelier or Barre. Montpelier has JMorgan's Steakhouse, Sarducci's (Italian- wood-fired pizza), and Positive Pie (Italian, American, Pizza) to name a few. Barre has a great new restaurant called Cornerstone Grill, but it can be difficult to get a table at. Barre has Ladder 1 Grill which is a neat place in an old firehouse. Very diverse menu too and decent prices.

In Northfield, you also have the Knotty Shamrock which is an irish pub with solid food and plenty of great beer choices, including many Vt. micro brews. There are also two pizza places Depot Square and Village Pizza right in Northfield. I highly recommend the Knotty Shamrock for a post-game beverage or two and even dinner as well if you like Irish Pubs.

There are also a couple of sandwich shops right in Northfield in you are looking for lunch options along with the other pizza places. Subway is there, as well as O'Maddi's which is right next to Depot Square pizza in the center of town.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

You can also stop in and say hi as I'll be taking stats for all four games in the auxiliary press box on the home bench side of the rink.

Looking forward to some great hockey!
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Thanks for the thoughtful commentary on Northfield and its environs Prez! I am booked to stay at Hilltop Motor Inn (not the Comfort Inn, but I have spent a couple of sleepless nights when booked into facilities hosting teams...Day's Inn in Plattsburgh and fire alarms in the night come to mind and a night at the Middlebury Inn with, I think it was River Falls, on the 3rd floor).
                Just bought standing room tickets on-line! Thank goodness they were not sold out!

Comment

Will all games have a live video feed, prez?
                  Elmira College '08
                  The name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back....Go Elmira College Women's Hockey 11-12

Comment

Originally posted by EC724 View Post
                    Will all games have a live video feed, prez?
                    Just Norwich games.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

I just bought tickets as well. Never even occurred to me that tickets would be hard to come by, but I got them. It looked to be about 80-90% sold out. Glad I checked this thread or I might have traveled half way across the country and had to stand outside. The only other time I had a hard time getting a ticket for a women's game was last year in January when Minnesota Duluth was playing Minnesota at Ridder Arena.

Comment

I just bought tickets as well. Never even occurred to me that tickets would be hard to come by, but I got them. It looked to be about 80-90% sold out. Glad I checked this thread or I might have traveled half way across the country and had to stand outside. The only other time I had a hard time getting a ticket for a women's game was last year in January when Minnesota Duluth was playing Minnesota at Ridder Arena.
                        Folks do not worry. There is not even close to a sellout for any of the women's games this weekend.

We have 1500 seats and 800 standing room. Our biggest attendance to date for a women's game was 750.

The crowds this weekend will likely be in the 200-400 range for the Norwich games and much less for the others.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Just found out this evening from my D that the players all receive 2 tickets for their family to use. I also think that Norwich also sets aside some seats for the players and coaches from the other teams playing before or after each game and there could also be some set aside for students or for walk-up sales. When I purchased my tickets online last night there only appeared to be about 100 unsold seats left. As the Prez expressed earlier today, there should be plenty of seats available on game days.

Comment

Anyone able to find live stats for the Elmira game? The link on the EC website goes to a page of only norwich games
                            Elmira College '08
                            The name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back....Go Elmira College Women's Hockey 11-12

Comment

Not sure why live stats aren't showing up correctly. I've inquired with our web service provider Prestosports.

Everything looks like it is sending out right on our end.

Hope it gets fixed soon. We apologize for the difficulties.

Manhattanville still leads 1-0 after 2 periods.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X