Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech vs Michigan at Yost Time for tBig Time

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Is this supposed to be an insult? Our university has so many great aspects that one of the best hockey teams in the country is just "an afterthought"?

Not all of us have a mediocre hockey team as the highlight of on campus activity.
    Mediocre is being nice. Abysmal, sub-par, shameful, Classic Tech, or Team so Embarrassing you don't even wear Tech Gear to their games would be more fitting.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
      They play in a converted basketball building named after a former football coach.
      Actually to go back even further, it is a converted track and field house. But, a rose by any other name is still a rose. This one has housed some pretty awesome hockey teams.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Its no secret that hockey is an afterthought there. I'm surprised they even have hockey fans. All in all, they're pretty pathetic.
        Well, you got the definition down for at least one B1G Ten program, but it isn't Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          Actually to go back even further, it is a converted track and field house. But, a rose by any other name is still a rose. This one has housed some pretty awesome hockey teams.
          If you want to be exact it was built as a multi purpose building were various sports could practice when they couldn't practice outside, including the football, baseball and track however I think for like the first thirty years of its existence the only varsity teams to use it for actual games were basketball. But I could be wrong.
          Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
          *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

tDarkness,
            Are you coming to the games?

How about you other Tech fans in the area (or far away), who is coming to Yost this weekend?
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              tDarkness,
              Are you coming to the games?

How about you other Tech fans in the area (or far away), who is coming to Yost this weekend?
              +10. tD- it would be great to see you, again. and meet the ones willing to come to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                If you want to be exact it was built as a multi purpose building were various sports could practice when they couldn't practice outside, including the football, baseball and track however I think for like the first thirty years of its existence the only varsity teams to use it for actual games were basketball. But I could be wrong.
                http://www.mgoblue.com/facilities/yost-arena.html

BTW- Alfa and I are in the same general area- sections 24 & 26. The revamped COY section(including wT) is now in sections 17-16, with the remainder of the east end (benches) smattered with students, visiting parents and other fans.
                Last edited by streaker; 10-30-2013, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  Its no secret that hockey is an afterthought there. I'm surprised they even have hockey fans. All in all, they're pretty pathetic.

And yet, Michigan has the most successful program in college hockey history. Please argue against it. I'd love to hear it.

But hey at least you guys have 3 national titles. The last one coming when Ronald Reagan began his first term. So that's fun.
                  ---
                  National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                  Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                  19 Conference Championships
                  10 Conference Tournament Championships
                  2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Here is to Mel improving on his record against his old mates this weekend.

We will look out for Compher, Motte, and Copp and you better be ready for David Johnstone, Tyler Heinonen, and Alex Petan.

Should be 2 close games, Tech needs at least a split to be happy

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                      And yet, Michigan has the most successful program in college hockey history. Please argue against it. I'd love to hear it.

But hey at least you guys have 3 national titles. The last one coming when Ronald Reagan began his first term. So that's fun.
                      Ronald Reagan was president in 1975? Wow. Learn something new everyday, I guess.

Now pardon me. I have to go fish a history teacher out of the river.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Ronald Reagan was president in 1975? Wow. Learn something new everyday, I guess.

Now pardon me. I have to go fish a history teacher out of the river.
                        This is the kind of intelligence you get from Walmart Wolverines like MGoBlueHockey.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

And Blake Pietila

Comment

And Tanner Kero, CJ Eick and........

Comment

Mike Neville, Phoenix Copley and our secret weapon
                              Blake Hietila.

Go Tech, see you at Yost and remember to be nice!

Comment

Kind of conflicted on this one. With it being so early I am leaning towards "Go Tech"
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X