PDA

View Full Version : Will Paul Stewart ever be held accountable for ECAC officiating?

Pages : [1] 2 3

AspyDad
10-26-2013, 10:22 PM
See the job done by Refs O'Brien and Roy at HFH tonight.

LynahFan
10-26-2013, 10:31 PM
I predict great things for this thread after such a promising start...

Jon
10-26-2013, 10:35 PM
I can't wait for the next post! Complaining about refs goes over well on USCHO. Always.

NCAAfan500
10-26-2013, 10:40 PM
See the job done by Refs O'Brien and Roy at HFH tonight.Cry me a river cupcake!

RaceBoarder
10-26-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm curious if hockey compares with baseball at all when it comes to officiating...

I mean, I know as someone who works baseball at an elite HS level and I am friends/associates with people that work pro and NCAA ball, I believe I have a firm grasp on fans' opinions on our job... And in baseball, it appears that most fans don't know their arse from a hole in the ground when it comes to baseball officiating... I wonder if the same theory could be applied to hockey :confused:

French Rage
10-26-2013, 11:17 PM
I predict great things for this thread after such a promising start...

Don't you know RPI and SLU would be 10-time national co-champions if it weren't for ECAC refs?

hockeyplayer1015
10-27-2013, 03:03 AM
Don't you know RPI and SLU would be 10-time national co-champions if it weren't for ECAC refs?

How could that happen if Cornell would always go undefeated? ;)

Leave it to an RPI fan to make a thread to complain about reffing in a game they won. Shocking, I know.

FlagDUDE08
10-27-2013, 07:15 AM
See the job done by Refs O'Brien and Roy at HFH tonight.

Are you talking about UNH's second goal and RPI's called back goal? Watch the game on RPI-TV's archive; those were both the correct call.

J.D.
10-27-2013, 08:45 AM
Aspydad, try contacting the commissioner. If he's anything like jumbo joe bertagna, he'll tell you how great his refs are ;)

FlagDUDE08
10-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Aspydad, try contacting the commissioner. If he's anything like jumbo joe bertagna, he'll tell you how great his refs are ;)

Nah, this commissioner will tell you when ref tryouts are. He does have a point, though.

RaceBoarder
10-27-2013, 09:41 AM
I like turtles!!!!

fishcore12
10-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Our freind AspyDad was amped up from puck drop last night it seemed. He was clearly on a mission to enlighten anyone on the ice wear black and white. Good thing troyboy was there to keep him somewhat under control or I would have had to step in. If I may quote AspyDad "I'm calling the league offices on monday".

Ralph Baer
10-27-2013, 10:01 AM
We're definitely not the EZAC anymore with a thread like this. :D

Jon
10-27-2013, 10:35 AM
We're definitely not the EZAC anymore with a thread like this. :D

You're not in Kansas either, Dorothy. ;)

I always when I see ECAC officials doing anything. I am in love with this thread and it's potential!

AspyDad
10-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Are you talking about UNH's second goal and RPI's called back goal? Watch the game on RPI-TV's archive; those were both the correct call.

Two objective hockey outlets (without a peer, Jason Klump) said that Haggs goal was legit. The Dolan interference call was awful, the UNH guy had the puck when he stood him up at the blue line, not interference. Please get on board with RPI fandom.

FlagDUDE08
10-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Two objective hockey outlets (without a peer, Jason Klump) said that Haggs goal was legit. The Dolan interference call was awful, the UNH guy had the puck when he stood him up at the blue line, not interference. Please get on board with RPI fandom.

I would hardly call WaP objective. On that Haggs goal, Laliberté's foot was very clearly in the crease.

Rule 73.1: - A player of the attacking team may stand on the goal crease line or in the goal crease, or skate through the goal crease, unless, in the opinion of the official, the player is physically or visually preventing the goalkeeper from defending the goal.
PENALTY—If a goal is scored, it shall be disallowed. Faceoff at the nearest neutral zone faceoff spot.

Given where Laliberté was, he was there on his own will (if the player is pushed into the crease, the goal stands), and where the pucked crossed the line relative to his position, it was the correct call.

The Dolan interference call, assuming you were talking about the one in the 3rd, was obvious and incredibly dumb. I even mentioned it on the score thread.

I may be an RPI fan, but one thing I am is honest. I may overreact at times, but I will never disagree with a good call for the sole purpose of attempting to preserve or promote brand loyalty.

DisplacedCornellian
10-27-2013, 12:20 PM

I don't think you know what objective means.

turk181
10-27-2013, 12:22 PM
Two objective hockey outlets (without a peer, Jason Klump) said that Haggs goal was legit. The Dolan interference call was awful, the UNH guy had the puck when he stood him up at the blue line, not interference. Please get on board with RPI fandom.Sorry my friend but I have to disagree on the Dolan call. The initial contact was good, no question, but then it looked like Bo lost sight of the puck and engaged the UNH player a second longer to give himself the time to locate the puck. As soon as I saw it I thought to myself, Penalty.

Red Cloud
10-27-2013, 01:01 PM
Leave it to an RPI fan to make a thread to complain about reffing in a game they won. Shocking, I know.

Gee, perhaps there's something to it, then?

FlagDUDE08
10-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Gee, perhaps there's something to it, then?

With some refs, yes. O'Brien and Roy are some of the better refs our league has. Unfortunately, because of the work of certain ECAC hires, many have been trained to assume that they are all doing a bad job.