Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvard @ RPI (10/29); RPI & Union @ Harvard & Dartmouth (11/1 & 11/2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvard @ RPI (10/29); RPI & Union @ Harvard & Dartmouth (11/1 & 11/2)

We might as well have a single thread for both the Black Tuesday game vs. Harvard and next weekend's games.

Discuss.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Harvard @ RPI (10/29); RPI & Union @ Harvard & Dartmouth (11/1 & 11/2)

The league season starts-make it or break it time-go red!!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Does anyone know if having Black Friday/Saturday/whatever on Tuesday is affecting ticket sales?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        We might as well have a single thread for both the Black Tuesday game vs. Harvard and next weekend's games.

Discuss.
        Is RPI seriously promoting Tuesday's October 29 game vs. Harvard as "Black Tuesday"? Because back on October 29, 1929, this happened:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Tuesday
        Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
          Is RPI seriously promoting Tuesday's October 29 game vs. Harvard as "Black Tuesday"? Because back on October 29, 1929, this happened:
          Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
            Yes, they are, and I'm sorry if you don't get it.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Does anyone know if having Black Friday/Saturday/whatever on Tuesday is affecting ticket sales?
              Call the box office.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                Call the box office.
                I have enough trouble getting through when I want to buy tickets.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have enough trouble getting through when I want to buy tickets.
                  Why would anyone here know?

Comment

Attendance has been about the same for each game so far this year. Of course, every home game has been on a Saturday. I would expect the usual 3500 or so being that it's the first ECAC game with the minus being played on a week night.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                      Attendance has been about the same for each game so far this year. Of course, every home game has been on a Saturday. I would expect the usual 3500 or so being that it's the first ECAC game with the minus being played on a week night.
                      With this being a week night game-and with Harvard being notorious for not having much of a fan base travelling to our games-perhaps the HFH should have offered a 2 for 1 deal for this game? If this was a game with Union/Clarkson/Cornell it would not be necessary but getting people into the seats for Harvard/Princeton/Brown mid week is just not likely.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Harvard goalie Raphael Girard warmed up for this week's action with a 43-save shutout against Bentley Saturday night.

IIRC, Girard was a tough nut for RPI to crack last season, posting a 1.50 GAA in two games against the Engineers.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                          Harvard goalie Raphael Girard warmed up for this week's action with a 43-save shutout against Bentley Saturday night.

IIRC, Girard was a tough nut for RPI to crack last season, posting a 1.50 GAA in two games against the Engineers.
                          Bear in mind that the first Harvard game was A) a shutout for Harvard, B) took place before the cheaters left school, and C) took place during a "message-sending" game by RPI, wherein several healthy scratches were in the stands and RPI had a short bench.

Comment

Why would anyone here know?
                            Some people here seem to be in contact with just about everyone connected to RPI hockey.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Bear in mind that the first Harvard game was A) a shutout for Harvard, B) took place before the cheaters left school, and C) took place during a "message-sending" game by RPI, wherein several healthy scratches were in the stands and RPI had a short bench.
                              I had remembered A.

Thanks for reminding me about B and C. Makes me feel a little better.

Comment

Working...
                              X