PDA

View Full Version : 2013/14 WIAC Thread

Pages : [1] 2

powerofyellowandblack
10-24-2013, 02:41 PM
So.........here we go. It looks like UWEC is picked to win the thing resembling a conference. Point picked 2nd, followed by the Thunderchickens, Superior and stout.

BetterInLakePlacid
10-24-2013, 03:24 PM
They should just have every team go to the same rink each week and just rotate rinks. It would be like travel bantams all over again. Then when one of the teams gets really good three of the five can pick up and start their own league and have their own triangle tournament each weekend. Eventually UW-Superior would be in its own one team conference.

joecct
10-24-2013, 07:22 PM
So.........here we go. It looks like UWEC is picked to win the thing resembling a conference. Point picked 2nd, followed by the Thunderchickens, Superior and stout.Before Naz, the ECAC-W had 5 teams.

97osu
10-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Before Naz, the ECAC-W had 5 teams.

And is the best conference ever! :rolleyes:

norm1909
10-24-2013, 07:47 PM
And is the best conference ever! :rolleyes:

Well at least it plays the toughest schedule :rolleyes:

NUProf
10-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Well it least has plays the toughest schedule :rolleyes:

There are/will be those who will make the same argument for the WIAC - believe me I've heard those drums beat from this group, too.

2freshedges
10-27-2013, 07:02 AM
WIAC 1, $NCHA 0 after the young Blue Devils of Stout beat Marian in OT.

Raidineer
10-28-2013, 11:10 AM
WIAC 1, $NCHA 0 after the young Blue Devils of Stout beat Marian in OT.

Shouldn't it be $WIAC? They were the ones that cried about travel costs and took their ball and went home which doesn't mesh very well with the trips out east Stout and Superior are taking this year. At least for you guys taking last in the league now means 5th and not 7th.

2freshedges
10-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Shouldn't it be $WIAC? They were the ones that cried about travel costs and took their ball and went home which doesn't mesh very well with the trips out east Stout and Superior are taking this year. At least for you guys taking last in the league now means 5th and not 7th.

I put the $ to signify $t. Norberts, as in $t. Norberts Collegate Hockey Confrence. Your group of teams abandond the tradition rich MCHA to bow to the St Norbert. If you realy think travel was the issue... well? Yep, I wish we would have stayed in the NCHA, but nobody asked the fans.

powerofyellowandblack
10-30-2013, 08:58 AM
Boy, all this talk of the actual, you know, hockey from the conference is awesome! Oh wait.....there has been exactly TWO posts about actual hockey in this thread, and even the score update led into something other than hockey games.

Raidineer
10-30-2013, 10:27 PM
I put the $ to signify $t. Norberts, as in $t. Norberts Collegate Hockey Confrence. Your group of teams abandond the tradition rich MCHA to bow to the St Norbert. If you realy think travel was the issue... well? Yep, I wish we would have stayed in the NCHA, but nobody asked the fans.

Abandoned the tradition rich MCHA to bow to St. Norbert? That's funny coming from a fan of a conference who abandoned the tradition rich NCHA because it was scared of St. Norbert. Since you mention it though, if travel wasn't the issue what was? Maybe you can be helpful since all of the posts here this summer by the WIAC commissioner never really explained it either.

haulin oats
10-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Abandoned the tradition rich MCHA to bow to St. Norbert? That's funny coming from a fan of a conference who abandoned the tradition rich NCHA because it was scared of St. Norbert. Since you mention it though, if travel wasn't the issue what was? Maybe you can be helpful since all of the posts here this summer by the WIAC commissioner never really explained it either.

The WIAC commissioner posts on here? That doesn't seem very professional.

2freshedges
10-31-2013, 05:15 PM
2012-13 wiac non-conference record 25-2-3!

2freshedges
10-31-2013, 05:26 PM
all five of the WIAC teams are ranked in the top 29 the 79 D3 teams, Nice!

http://d3hockey.com/faceoff/2013/features/ranked-top-to-bottom-men

pete99race
10-31-2013, 05:34 PM
Thought I would pass on this report from the Duluth, Minn. paper.....
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/282052/group/Sports/
Comments expressed by Mr. Stauber do not hold up, as SNC is in total compliance with NCAA regulations..
Why would they change their process, just to make the Wisco schools happy???
Sounds like a "lame" excuse ..."sour grapes" to me, to allow the Wisco schools to walk away from the NCHA conference..

Toe Blake's Brother
10-31-2013, 07:24 PM

....and Eau Claire was the National Champion. Live today and remember the older you get, the better you were. It is now 2013/2014.

altazo
10-31-2013, 08:38 PM

This is simply not true. I don't even have to look it up. I remember Point splitting with Adrian. I also remember Superior getting blown out by Augsburg and losing to an ECAC NE school on their own ice. That's three right there without looking at everyone's results.

Sir Nubs
10-31-2013, 09:03 PM
Thought I would pass on this report from the Duluth, Minn. paper.....
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/282052/group/Sports/
Comments expressed by Mr. Stauber do not hold up, as SNC is in total compliance with NCAA regulations..
Why would they change their process, just to make the Wisco schools happy???
Sounds like a "lame" excuse ..."sour grapes" to me, to allow the Wisco schools to walk away from the NCHA conference..

The comments by Mr. Stauber are also interesting in that they come on the heels of UW-Eau Claire, of all teams, winning the national championship.

2freshedges
11-01-2013, 08:19 AM
This is simply not true. I don't even have to look it up. I remember Point splitting with Adrian. I also remember Superior getting blown out by Augsburg and losing to an ECAC NE school on their own ice. That's three right there without looking at everyone's results.

I copied that fron the D3Hockey.com season preview of the WIAC.
http://www.d3hockey.com/faceoff/2013/WIAC/mens-preview

Hammer
11-01-2013, 08:26 AM
I copied that fron the D3Hockey.com season preview of the WIAC.
http://www.d3hockey.com/faceoff/2013/WIAC/mens-preview

The one that says "32-4-3"? :p