2013/14 WIAC Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013/14 WIAC Thread

So.........here we go. It looks like UWEC is picked to win the thing resembling a conference. Point picked 2nd, followed by the Thunderchickens, Superior and stout.
    "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Re: 2013/14 WIAC Thread

They should just have every team go to the same rink each week and just rotate rinks. It would be like travel bantams all over again. Then when one of the teams gets really good three of the five can pick up and start their own league and have their own triangle tournament each weekend. Eventually UW-Superior would be in its own one team conference.
    I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
      So.........here we go. It looks like UWEC is picked to win the thing resembling a conference. Point picked 2nd, followed by the Thunderchickens, Superior and stout.
      Before Naz, the ECAC-W had 5 teams.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Before Naz, the ECAC-W had 5 teams.
        And is the best conference ever!
        2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
        2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
        2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
        2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
          And is the best conference ever!
          Well at least it plays the toughest schedule
          Last edited by norm1909; 10-25-2013, 06:37 AM.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
            Well it least has plays the toughest schedule
            There are/will be those who will make the same argument for the WIAC - believe me I've heard those drums beat from this group, too.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

WIAC 1, $NCHA 0 after the young Blue Devils of Stout beat Marian in OT.

Comment

Originally posted by 2freshedges View Post
                WIAC 1, $NCHA 0 after the young Blue Devils of Stout beat Marian in OT.
                Shouldn't it be $WIAC? They were the ones that cried about travel costs and took their ball and went home which doesn't mesh very well with the trips out east Stout and Superior are taking this year. At least for you guys taking last in the league now means 5th and not 7th.
                A decade of excuses.

MSOE RAIDER HOCKEY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Raidineer View Post
                  Shouldn't it be $WIAC? They were the ones that cried about travel costs and took their ball and went home which doesn't mesh very well with the trips out east Stout and Superior are taking this year. At least for you guys taking last in the league now means 5th and not 7th.
                  I put the $ to signify $t. Norberts, as in $t. Norberts Collegate Hockey Confrence. Your group of teams abandond the tradition rich MCHA to bow to the St Norbert. If you realy think travel was the issue... well? Yep, I wish we would have stayed in the NCHA, but nobody asked the fans.

Comment

Boy, all this talk of the actual, you know, hockey from the conference is awesome! Oh wait.....there has been exactly TWO posts about actual hockey in this thread, and even the score update led into something other than hockey games.
                    "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by 2freshedges View Post
                      I put the $ to signify $t. Norberts, as in $t. Norberts Collegate Hockey Confrence. Your group of teams abandond the tradition rich MCHA to bow to the St Norbert. If you realy think travel was the issue... well? Yep, I wish we would have stayed in the NCHA, but nobody asked the fans.
                      Abandoned the tradition rich MCHA to bow to St. Norbert? That's funny coming from a fan of a conference who abandoned the tradition rich NCHA because it was scared of St. Norbert. Since you mention it though, if travel wasn't the issue what was? Maybe you can be helpful since all of the posts here this summer by the WIAC commissioner never really explained it either.
                      A decade of excuses.

MSOE RAIDER HOCKEY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Raidineer View Post
                        Abandoned the tradition rich MCHA to bow to St. Norbert? That's funny coming from a fan of a conference who abandoned the tradition rich NCHA because it was scared of St. Norbert. Since you mention it though, if travel wasn't the issue what was? Maybe you can be helpful since all of the posts here this summer by the WIAC commissioner never really explained it either.
                        The WIAC commissioner posts on here? That doesn't seem very professional.

Comment

2012-13 wiac non-conference record 25-2-3!

Comment

all five of the WIAC teams are ranked in the top 29 the 79 D3 teams, Nice!

http://d3hockey.com/faceoff/2013/fea...-to-bottom-men

Comment

Thought I would pass on this report from the Duluth, Minn. paper.....
                              http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve.../group/Sports/
                              Comments expressed by Mr. Stauber do not hold up, as SNC is in total compliance with NCAA regulations..
                              Why would they change their process, just to make the Wisco schools happy???
                              Sounds like a "lame" excuse ..."sour grapes" to me, to allow the Wisco schools to walk away from the NCHA conference..
                              SNC Men:
                              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                              SNC Women:
                              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Working...
                              X