Hockey East 2013-14 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey East 2013-14 Thread

Any observations, comments, questions, concerns, disses or compliments and discussion about the new 11-team Hockey East conference...
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Re: Hockey East 2013-14 Thread

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
    Any observations, comments, questions, concerns, disses or compliments and discussion about the new 11-team Hockey East conference...
    I hate BC... and Lowell. Unfortunately only one is making me happy so far this season.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

It's really lame that everyone makes the playoffs and Notre Dame does not feel like a Hockey East team to me.
      Last edited by ericredaxe; 10-24-2013, 01:38 PM.

Comment

PU and coach nutty are a dirty bunch of goons and the Wildcats will give them desevrings.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Who is "coach nutty" and what is a desevring?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            PU and coach nutty are a dirty bunch of goons and the Wildcats will give them desevrings.
            Didn't you mean to say Mildcats, or Skating Mother Theresa's? Brom and Ylae could kick their azz.
            Freddy Meyer is a hack... and the Friars ARE a bunch of dirty goons. Some things never change.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              Didn't you mean to say Mildcats, or Skating Mother Theresa's? Brom and Ylae could kick their azz.
              Freddy Meyer is a hack... and the Friars ARE a bunch of dirty goons. Some things never change.
              I remember after a game my freshman year (fall of '91) I wrote on the old hockey-L about the goons at Providence after they roughed up Pellerin and company. About 30 minutes after I posted it, my phone rang and Coach Walsh wanted to see me. That afternoon before practice he read me the riot act about having respect for our opponents, giving them locker room material etc. Then as we were walking out of his office he grinned and said, "But you weren't wrong."

That was 22 years ago and they're still a bunch of goons.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                I remember after a game my freshman year (fall of '91) I wrote on the old hockey-L about the goons at Providence after they roughed up Pellerin and company. About 30 minutes after I posted it, my phone rang and Coach Walsh wanted to see me. That afternoon before practice he read me the riot act about having respect for our opponents, giving them locker room material etc. Then as we were walking out of his office he grinned and said, "But you weren't wrong."

That was 22 years ago and they're still a bunch of goons.
                yes but now Providence's physicality has a strong Walsh style to it via one of his disciples Nate Leaman
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                  Who is "coach nutty" and what is a desevring?
                  Coach Nutty is the Providence women's coach Bob Deraney, who has a slight Jackie Parker bent to his personality.....desevrings was how one Crazed UNH fan described how the Lady Goons would get theirs from UNH in the championship games in the first years of WHEA
                  Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Serious question....really...

When does a penalty become a game DQ instead of a game misconduct. It is my understanding that a Game DQ are for "intent to injure" AND/OR fighting. And I thought fighting was a given. Take more then a swipe or two and it's good bye...

This was a video from Friday's Notre Dame game posted on their season thread....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Shouldn't Summerhays have gotten a DQ? If this were a HE game would it have made a difference?
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

First real weekend of league action is coming up. Anyone excited?

Comment

Back in the days when he was at Northeastern his nickname wasn't "Nutty". It was "Butter".

Comment

More often than not, a major penalty has a game misconduct or Game DQ that must be called in conjunction with the foul (CFB into boards or net....CTH....Kneeing....spearing... etc...) Usually the infraction will result in a game misconduct, which is the balance of the game. The DQ (removal of the player for the balance of the game + the next game) would be called when the foul is particularly egregious, an injury resulted, or the offending player was deliberately attempting to injure his opponent. Fouls such as fighting or kicking an opponent, or physically abusing the official(s) are automatic DQ's.

When does a penalty become a game DQ instead of a game misconduct. It is my understanding that a Game DQ are for "intent to injure" AND/OR fighting. And I thought fighting was a given. Take more then a swipe or two and it's good bye...

This was a video from Friday's Notre Dame game posted on their season thread....

Shouldn't Summerhays have gotten a DQ? If this were a HE game would it have made a difference?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                            First real weekend of league action is coming up. Anyone excited?
                            Not really.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post

Shouldn't Summerhays have gotten a DQ? If this were a HE game would it have made a difference?
                              Face mask penalties may be minor, major (without a game misconduct), or DQ. The specific penalty that was called is not necessarily a DQ, it depends on how serious the officials judged the offense to be. The rulebook is actually fairly specific about where the division is between each level of offense, so there shouldn't be that much grey area.

To the best of my knowledge (without finding a specific citation), the penalties in the books are always minimums with the option to escalate if events warrant. Consequently, I would assume that the refs judged Summerhays's offense to fall in between the simple major penalty level and the DQ level, so they punished it with a major plus a game misconduct.

But I haven't seen a replay of it to judge whether I think that the non-DQ decision was correct or not.
                              Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                              Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Working...
                              X