Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SUCS @ UND Nov 1-2, The Pups Visit the Palace on the Prairie

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    You're just noticing the thread title now? I know you guys had a big important series with Colgate over the weekend but what took so long to see this awesome thread title?
    It was the first chance that I had to look on the boards.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      You're just noticing the thread title now? I know you guys had a big important series with Colgate over the weekend but what took so long to see this awesome thread title?
      We're helpless without the angry face!

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        The only reason I remember is because former Bulldog Bill Watson is number 2 for most points in a single season.
        Hrkac, Wattson, Broten, Kariya, and Kip Miller all scored 100 points or more in a single season. Kariya scored his 100 in just 39 games, which gives him the best PPG average of the five.
        scsuhockey.com
        CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          This may come as a surprise to you, but no player has ever scored 20 points in a series, let alone 30.

Rocco won't top 50 points this season. Don't know who has the D-I record and am not going to look it up. Point is Rocco won't score half of whatever the record is. He should be worried about the Flickertails getting a split this weekend.
          Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure Parise once scored 27 points in a weekend in Houghton. Either that or Gerbe scored 27 points in that national semifinal game a few years ago.

While he no doubt would appreciate your concern, I'm relatively certain Rocco is more concerned about that than he is about somehow breaking Gretzky's records this year, so you likely have nothing to worry about.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
            Hrkac, Wattson, Broten, Kariya, and Kip Miller all scored 100 points or more in a single season.
            As did Dave Rost for Army in '76-77, Dave Taylor for Clarkson in '76-77, Dave Merhar for Army in '68-69, Tom Ross for Michigan St. in '75-76, Dan Dorion for Western Michigan in '85-86, and Mike Zike for Michigan Tech in '75-76.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Hrkac, Wattson, Broten, Kariya, and Kip Miller all scored 100 points or more in a single season. Kariya scored his 100 in just 39 games, which gives him the best PPG average of the five.
              Okay, I got bored and did look it up.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/6Hist...indoffseas.htm
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                What an original name for the title of this thread?! How long did that take?
                I believe you're calling me unoriginal which is slightly hypocritical coming from a fan of yet another team calling themselves "Huskies," idolizing Herb Brooks, and joining the Minnesota Spelling Bee with their new goal song H-U-S-K-I-E-S! Slow clap for the genius who wrote that ear bomb.
                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  As did Dave Rost for Army in '76-77, Dave Taylor for Clarkson in '76-77, Dave Merhar for Army in '68-69, Tom Ross for Michigan St. in '75-76, Dan Dorion for Western Michigan in '85-86, and Mike Zike for Michigan Tech in '75-76.
                  I never claimed mine was a complete list, just trying to go from memory of the top guys in the '80s and '90s. Thanks for fleshing it out.
                  scsuhockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                    I believe you're calling me unoriginal which is slightly hypocritical coming from a fan of yet another team calling themselves "Huskies," idolizing Herb Brooks, and joining the Minnesota Spelling Bee with their new goal song H-U-S-K-I-E-S! Slow clap for the genius who wrote that ear bomb.
                    A. Not our goal song
                    B. UND copied their goal song. You calling us hypocrites relating to our goal song is hypocritical.
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

You give these Huskies a tournament win and they get all snarly on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        Okay, I got bored and did look it up.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/6Hist...indoffseas.htm
                        My apologies... Watson is third. I had a feeling that I was mistaken.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

If you were really sorry, you'd give me moneys for the Fabulous Four tickets! Why I bet you don't mean that apology at all!
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Doesn't the link show him tied for second? Also, didn't Moria (Fairbanks) play DII teams that season? I don't think you were mistaken.
                            scsuhockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                              I am just joking. You are talking to the person that originated the term "helmet kids." Ask hoven, MNS, and the usual Twin Cities suspects.

That goal song, I really do not care for. The person who wrote it is an absolute tool, knows nothing about hockey (or sports for that matter), and who is a disgrace to the music department at SCSU. They forgot to tell him there is a reason why "huskies" is not spelled at hockey games.
                              Originally posted by Skeeterman
                              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Doesn't the link show him tied for second? Also, didn't Moria (Fairbanks) play DII teams that season? I don't think you were mistaken.
                                Well so it is. I have no idea about Moria....
                                Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                If you were really sorry, you'd give me moneys for the Fabulous Four tickets! Why I bet you don't mean that apology at all!
                                I should give you the moneys soon.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X