Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell, BU @ Mich. St, Michigan ... 10/25-26

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Lots of open seats still available at Munn tonight. Hopefully the MSUFCU ticket deal brings some people in.

As for the actual games: After last weekend I'm just hoping we keep the goal differential around -6 for the weekend.
    Sandbag alert.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
      Sandbag alert.
      I'll still be there, don't worry. A big part of what happens this weekend is if we can stay out of the box. Is Sorenson still out? If so, that'll hurt but I think a weekend of games under their belt along with the first home games should give the team a boost. Probably didn't help MSU was starting the season on Olympic ice while UMass had already played BU and UML.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Well the BU v Michigan was sure fun. BU played a pretty good game blocking a lot of shots, and the goalie played out of his mind. Super impressive.

Thankfully, the shots finally went in for us.

Love these big games.

Comment

Well the BU v Michigan was sure fun. BU played a pretty good game blocking a lot of shots, and the goalie played out of his mind. Super impressive.

Thankfully, the shots finally went in for us.

Love these big games.

Comment

No shots on five power plays. Even with the worst team of pee-wee players, how on earth is that even possible?!
            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
            66 - 86 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post

Lowell has no power play so far, so that shouldn't be problem for you.
              Hey, UML scored a real, gosh darn pp goal tonight and was 1-4 on pp so things are looking up. And the icing on the cake was they killed off all 5 MSU power plays. So combine improved special teams play with a 4-1 win and does it mean that UML is starting to click and wake up? Or does it mean that MSU is just a pretty bad team that we should beat anyway (unlike the fiasco with Sacred Heart)? Big, big test tomorrow at #4 Michigan.
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

So, from what I can tell the visitor section is behind the net. Is there a spot at Yost where I can stand to take pictures that isn't behind a net? The Lowell student paper asked me to send them pictures but are unable to procure me a press pass.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                  Or does it mean that MSU is just a pretty bad team that we should beat anyway (unlike the fiasco with Sacred Heart)? Big, big test tomorrow at #4 Michigan.
                  Yep, sparty sucks...
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    Is it time for hockey yet? Today is dragging.

Should be some good games.

Michigan will be starting our freshman goalie again, but he looked good when he had to come in against UNH last weekend.
                    I'm not sold on Nagelvoort yet, but he hasn't done anything bad yet. OTOH he hasn't made any outstanding saves yet either, that's credit to THE TEAM for playing defense first. We aren't going to score like in years past, but as long as Michigan takes responsibility for the D we're in for a great year.
                    Originally posted by alfablue
                    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I guess the game tonight is being broadcast on Comcast Michigan. Do they provide streams for people outside the viewing area?
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by MaryK View Post
                        So, from what I can tell the visitor section is behind the net. Is there a spot at Yost where I can stand to take pictures that isn't behind a net? The Lowell student paper asked me to send them pictures but are unable to procure me a press pass.
                        You should try to ask one of the ushers on the side if you can go up and take some pictures. That, and since I saw a Michigan Daily guy with a pass, totally ask them to see if you can get one for a little while. Seems fair.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                          I'm not sold on Nagelvoort yet, but he hasn't done anything bad yet. OTOH he hasn't made any outstanding saves yet either, that's credit to THE TEAM for playing defense first. We aren't going to score like in years past, but as long as Michigan takes responsibility for the D we're in for a great year.
                          He's making some great saves- that one on the breakaway was pretty impressive- it was a great shot into a small hole under his arm. The team is doing a great job, wihtout a doubt, with BU not getting many shots. BUt I think Nagelvoort is making the saves that are pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            He's making some great saves- that one on the breakaway was pretty impressive- it was a great shot into a small hole under his arm. The team is doing a great job, wihtout a doubt, with BU not getting many shots. BUt I think Nagelvoort is making the saves that are pretty impressive.
                            First one to score wins?
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Not for nothing but, wuml didn't carry the game, bt whatever network doesn't run on iPad because xfinity doesn't support that app, and espn radio ditto, and I wasn't goading to sit in the car to listen to am radio. Couldn't see or hear the game...just hockeyeast online updates. I remember a time a couple years ago when all three Lowell radio stations carried the game at the same time...

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinlowell View Post
                                Not for nothing but, wuml didn't carry the game, bt whatever network doesn't run on iPad because xfinity doesn't support that app, and espn radio ditto, and I wasn't goading to sit in the car to listen to am radio. Couldn't see or hear the game...just hockeyeast online updates. I remember a time a couple years ago when all three Lowell radio stations carried the game at the same time...
                                I couldnt even get on to the espn radio app. Apparently WCAP has their own thing... le sigh
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X