Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Boston College, 10/25 & 10/27

Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
    Wow, a flood of memories. I was actually in the Sports Illustrated article they mention in this video. They took 2 photos, one of me holding a "Norm Sucks" sign and one of me with my buddy. My buddy didn't make the cut. Ha!

My two friends any I actually started the few first Norm Sucks chants at the first game after the announcement of the impending move. It caught on very quickly. By the end first intermission every song played on the organ had some sort of "Norms Sucks", or "Norm Green Sucks" language involved. It was a great night and the Star Tribune article the next day was a blast to read. Lots of pride.
    I also have that article somewhere. And I still can't believe I actually know who you are from H.S.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      Early Season Surprises and Boston College Series Preview

LINK
      Well done, thanks for posting!
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
        I understand the Met wasn't fiscally successful, but I still have it as my number one arena. I loved it. First row of the upper level was about 30 feet closer than the upper level at the X.
        The beauty of no suites/club level.

It was amazing how much better the Met was than the Civic Center. I was sad when the Met came down and did a happy dance when the dump in St. Paul was razed. Awful place for hockey, the lower level was flat and being in the upper-deck was like looking through the wrong end of binoculars.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Well done, thanks for posting!
          Thank you!
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

In other news, Gophers sweep the School for the blind and are now ranked #1.

..***?

Show me a BC sweep and i'll give you #1...if i'm in a generous mood.

Comment

Originally posted by dolan View Post
              In other news, Gophers sweep the School for the blind and are now ranked #1.

..***?

Show me a BC sweep and i'll give you #1...if i'm in a generous mood.
              We're only 4 games into the season, Einstein. Rankings only matter at this time of season to ***clowns like you.

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              In honor of the upcoming series:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2013/1...nesota-failure

Courtesy of Joegrav
              Hey Gravelnuts, you're as authentic as a three dollar bill. Here's the REAL TRUTH about how Joe Blows feels about The State of Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                We're only 4 games into the season, Einstein. Rankings only matter at this time of season to ***clowns like you.

Hey Gravelnuts, you're as authentic as a three dollar bill. Here's the REAL TRUTH about how Joe Blows feels about The State of Hockey.
                Same guy wrote both pieces
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

We're only 4 games into the season, Einstein. Rankings only matter at this time of season to ***clowns like you.:rolleyes

Aren't there 4 stars in "area?"

Comment

Preview from Gophersports

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...102313aaa.html

The No. 1 University of Minnesota men’s hockey program returns to action this weekend with a nonconference series against No. 5 Boston College at Mariucci Arena. The matchup of nationally ranked foes kicks off Friday at 7:10 p.m. CT (Big Ten Network, 1500 ESPN, BTN2Go.com) before concluding on Sunday afternoon at 1:10 p.m. (FOX Sports North, 1500 ESPN, BTN2Go.com).

Big Rubber Match Weekend

While Minnesota is 15-12-2 all-time against Boston College, the last two years have seen both teams get the better of each other. After losing to the Eagles 6-1 in the 2012 Frozen Four semifinals in Tampa, the Gophers came back to best Boston College 8-1 on Dec. 30, 2012 in the Mariucci Classic title game. Minnesota is 9-1-0 all-time against Boston College on its home ice.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      Yeah. Have to say I expected better from a BC fan. To get to 12 they had to use Holy Cross twice, used freakin CURLING, used girls hockey - and a game the Gopher girls WON during an undefeated season. Not their best work, or not much to work with.
                      Lighten up, Francis.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                        Lighten up, Francis.
                        I've come to expect better from the Heights.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                          Same guy wrote both pieces
                          That's probably why he had such a difficult time coming up with 12. Internal termoil trying to savage a team he secretly loves.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            I've come to expect better from the Heights.
                            He's not with the Heights. He's graduated and this is his blog.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Haha

"1) I've found Gopher fans to be notoriously easy to wind up,"
                              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                                Haha

"1) I've found Gopher fans to be notoriously easy to wind up,"
                                Who is wound up? We're giving each other crap before a big series.

Comment

Working...
                                X