• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Boston College, 10/25 & 10/27

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    In honor of the upcoming series:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2013/1...nesota-failure

Courtesy of Joegrav
    Pfft! Twelve great moments in Minnesota hockey failure? That's like trying to find 3 good books by Hemingway, or hitting a Scott Diamond fastball. What, the list of 12 great Minnesotans named Olson was already done?
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Meh. Half of that article was reallllly reaching for something, anything, to use as ammo.
      Yeah, I thought this one was a bit of a reach. A few of the moments are from the same game. They bring up curling, which has to cost some credibility points. And the womens' one I'd hardly consider a failure since it a tying goal (never gave up the lead) on the way to an undefeated season. Nice attempt but not effective IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        If you wanted to reeeeeealy get some good responses you should have brought up Norm Greed. Other than that, quality smack talk.
        Wow, a flood of memories. I was actually in the Sports Illustrated article they mention in this video. They took 2 photos, one of me holding a "Norm Sucks" sign and one of me with my buddy. My buddy didn't make the cut. Ha!

My two friends any I actually started the few first Norm Sucks chants at the first game after the announcement of the impending move. It caught on very quickly. By the end first intermission every song played on the organ had some sort of "Norms Sucks", or "Norm Green Sucks" language involved. It was a great night and the Star Tribune article the next day was a blast to read. Lots of pride.
        I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
        -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
          Wow, a flood of memories. I was actually in the Sports Illustrated article they mention in this video. They took 2 photos, one of me holding a "Norm Sucks" sign and one of me with my buddy. My buddy didn't make the cut. Ha!

My two friends any I actually started the few first Norm Sucks chants at the first game after the announcement of the impending move. It caught on very quickly. By the end first intermission every song played on the organ had some sort of "Norms Sucks", or "Norm Green Sucks" language involved. It was a great night and the Star Tribune article the next day was a blast to read. Lots of pride.
          That's pretty cool about the SI article. Hope you saved a copy.

I remember the chants vividly. Never have I been so ticked off about something sports related. And sure enough (as in the video), we have a new team and Norm indeed went bankrupt. What an ***.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            That's pretty cool about the SI article. Hope you saved a copy.

I remember the chants vividly. Never have I been so ticked off about something sports related. And sure enough (as in the video), we have a new team and Norm indeed went bankrupt. What an ***.
            I did save the issue. It's one of my cherished possesions- like my children.
            I HATE RED!

Comment

I loved looking at the footage of the old Met and parking lot, many memories there.

There was tons of partying in that lot before concerts and sporting events etc... the X may be a better venue but the whole Met "experience" blows it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Meh. Half of that article was reallllly reaching for something, anything, to use as ammo.
                Yeah. Have to say I expected better from a BC fan. To get to 12 they had to use Holy Cross twice, used freakin CURLING, used girls hockey - and a game the Gopher girls WON during an undefeated season. Not their best work, or not much to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  Yeah. Have to say I expected better from a BC fan. To get to 12 they had to use Holy Cross twice, used freakin CURLING, used girls hockey - and a game the Gopher girls WON during an undefeated season. Not their best work, or not much to work with.
                  Couldn't POSSIBLY be even slightly tongue-in-cheek though. Not a chance.
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                    I loved looking at the footage of the old Met and parking lot, many memories there.

There was tons of partying in that lot before concerts and sporting events etc... the X may be a better venue but the whole Met "experience" blows it away.
                    Sure, but think of the enjoyment the IKEA gives people after replacing that building!!!

Comment

Any Gopher fans know what happened to Roman? I see the Strib has a new guy covering the Gophers/college hockey beat.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        Any Gopher fans know what happened to Roman? I see the Strib has a new guy covering the Gophers/college hockey beat.
                        Not sure about Roman but I really like the job Jason Gonzalez is doing...something new just about every day.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          Couldn't POSSIBLY be even slightly tongue-in-cheek though. Not a chance.
                          I think they were more bewildered than angry, but I agree no one should take that article seriously it's all in good fun. Were it written by any of the scum (I know, redundant) from Grand Forks or Madison however...

Comment

Early Season Surprises and Boston College Series Preview

LINK
                            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post

I understand the Met wasn't fiscally successful, but I still have it as my number one arena. I loved it. First row of the upper level was about 30 feet closer than the upper level at the X.
                              I HATE RED!

Comment

Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
                                I understand the Met wasn't fiscally successful, but I still have it as my number one arena. I loved it. First row of the upper level was about 30 feet closer than the upper level at the X.
                                As a poor high school kid at the time I can't tell you how many games I got to go to with those $9.50 seats in the top row of the old Met. Even being in the last row they were still good seats with good sight lines.

Comment

Working...
                                X