X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014: Ready to Quinn

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    He's been at 2 games. Regular season opener vs. UMASS, then the PC game on 11/1. Wouldn't be shocked to see him at least once this weekend and/or at Red Hot Hockey (the latter as part of his job to bring in $$$).
    Jackie was there tonight, with what must have been one of the grandchildren. Cruising past Sec 103 between the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
      Jackie was there tonight, with what must have been one of the grandchildren. Cruising past Sec 103 between the 2nd and 3rd periods.
      He was there Friday as well.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
        Yuze guys are good.
        Ditto

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
        When BC plays badly, they tie UMass, when BU plays badly, they lose 7-0 to Maine. Which program do you think is better?
        Ouch. I guess you can hold onto the fact that your goal differential was a little better.

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        Nope. Not at all. Taking your head out of the sand and facing reality may make you feel " more good" than you do now however
        Well that sure makes me feel better about BU's loss to Maine. It boosts Maine's RPI, which means BU's loss to Maine doesn't hurt them as much. Guess I should face the reality of BU getting a win and a tie on the weekend against a ranked team. You know what? I do feel better. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

BU back to .500, congrats terrance.

and who cares about the polls...don't mean anything. maine is a better team than north dakota right now.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            BU back to .500, congrats terrance.
            Don't congratulate me I'm not on the team.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            maine is a better team than north dakota right now.
            Why are we comparing Maine to North Dakota?

Comment

mookie saw his first two games this weekend.

1-0-1 doesn't seem bad, but i can certainly see how the boys got their *** handed to them in orono and against bc. ugh. double ugh.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                mookie saw his first two games this weekend.

1-0-1 doesn't seem bad, but i can certainly see how the boys got their *** handed to them in orono and against bc. ugh. double ugh.
                It should probably be noted that BC also got their azz handed to them in Orono last night.
                ĀÆ\_(ツ)_/ĀÆ

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  It should probably be noted that BC also got their azz handed to them in Orono last night.
                  doesn't matter.

if the sioux were at all talented the score would have been 8-1 last night.

one of the top "scorers" for the scarlet and white can't skate. he looks down when he stick "handles".

i realize that bonino came in with skating issues too, but not like this.

these are not your fathers terriers. i hope they beat up on the worse teams and keep it respectable. no bodies in seats. no interest. the primary student section 5/8th filled. ugh.

double ugh.

Comment

anyone know where greeley was out recruiting last night?

Comment

Did any members of the Team Formerly Known as The Sue tweet "All that was here was one-point and a thousand things to do" per chance?

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        May I suggest Moscatel and Moran to take their place in the stands? I mean really, what are they thinking with those terrible 3rd period penalties?

Thank goodness for O'Connor. Good for him.
                        Moran has IMO been the 7th best forward this year, one penalty (his third of the year when he has played in all but one game) in a game where the refs were as erratic as that does not make me want to bench him in the least.

Moscatel's penalty was the 2nd worst call of the night behind only the phantom ND slash. He slowed up and briefly hugged the player so it wasn't boarding, somehow that turned into a charging call. I would be fine to see Collier or Kurker get some time over him, but not because of that "penalty".

O'Connor was incredible.

Comment

Not bad to take 3 out of 4 even though ND isn't as good as they typically are, considering that once again the best player on the ice (excluding goalies) played for the other team. I can understand BU's lack of talent as Quinn didn't recruit these guys, but the D is downright frightening. A tandem of me, DavidB, and Brian Gentry, known as "The 800 Pound Line" could easily weave through these guys like they're traffic cones and get a point blank shot on net. There has to be some adjustment in technique that can cut down on this, because right now it looks like 6 Tom Morrow's out there.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Not bad to take 3 out of 4 even though ND isn't as good as they typically are, considering that once again the best player on the ice (excluding goalies) played for the other team. I can understand BU's lack of talent as Quinn didn't recruit these guys, but the D is downright frightening. A tandem of me, DavidB, and Brian Gentry, known as "The 800 Pound Line" could easily weave through these guys like they're traffic cones and get a point blank shot on net. There has to be some adjustment in technique that can cut down on this, because right now it looks like 6 Tom Morrow's out there.
                            As of now BU is averaging 3.8 more shots allowed per game than they did last year, and just finished probably the hardest stretch of the season. With the next 6 games against ECAC, AHA, or winless HE teams that number should normalize. Obviously all shots aren't created equal and last year is the gold standard of defense Quinn aspires to, but I don't think the situation is half as bad as you seem to think.

Comment

Food for thought: Evan Rodrigues is on a 12-game goal scoring drought. He's a prime example of Quinn's comment from Saturday's post-game: ā€˜Iā€™m just going to pick top corner, bar and in.ā€™

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                                As of now BU is averaging 3.8 more shots allowed per game than they did last year, and just finished probably the hardest stretch of the season. With the next 6 games against ECAC, AHA, or winless HE teams that number should normalize. Obviously all shots aren't created equal and last year is the gold standard of defense Quinn aspires to, but I don't think the situation is half as bad as you seem to think.

What part of 58 shots allowed are you struggling with? Against a .500 team? On your own ice. Or the two blowouts vs BC and Maine? I don't care if the team is padding its shots allowed % against Holy Cross and UConn. As the old saying goes, if this is your best, your best won't do.

The only reason why BC didn't get 58 shots against us is too many of the shots were going in on the initial rush that they didn't need to bang home multiple rebounds until the puck went in the net. Furthermore, forwards weave around the D, as in all of the D-men, more easily than any time I can recall.

I have high hopes for Quinn with this program but they've got to nail that down better even with existing players.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X