This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
    Yes the crowds have been pretty sad. And as you say it's not just the numbers but the enthusiasm too. The student section was embarrassingly bad.
    I'm not an alum but a fan of the program, so I think I can be objective about this topic. My family has 5 season tickets. We had 7 until last year. When we first bought them the Bruins were an overpriced embarrassment of a team. Not worth the investment of time or money. 20 or so bucks a ticket plus parking was a cheap alternative. It still is in fact. I think the combination of the Bruins success, the mediocre ( and yes, problematic) seasons the program has had since '09, not to mention the fact that nearly every local college hockey program has a cheaper ticket, has led to attendance and enthusiasm problems. The season ticket base is, what, 3000? So you're getting, some nights, less than 1000 walk-ups?

My opinion, a successful season, or 2, without disciplinary problems and kids leaving for the wrong reasons will go a long way to increase interest. A slight drop in prices wouldn't hurt either.
    Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014: Ready to Quinn

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

What's Connecticut?
      It's a state where the college hockey teams play in April, imagine that.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        It's a state where the college hockey teams play in April, imagine that.
        A Yale fan! Quick, take a photo! We thought they were extinct! Wait till the boys in the lab see this!
        Bugs Bunny - 96
        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          saw that. I get that both teams are not up to their normal standards but what gives?
          it's college hockey. who cares?

mookie has gone over this before. in the heyday wba wasn't banging out every single night. and that was when tickets were half of what they are now and beer wasn't EIGHT DOLLARS AND THREE CENTS a cup.

morons went and priced out walkups. tough for them.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

That was one of the worst calls of all time

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Yes it was.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

So, did Kurker leave an upper decker in Quinn's executive washroom or what? When frigging Zeppo Ronan is getting PT over you, it's time to rethink whatever you're doing in life.
                (or is he hurt?)
                Go BU!

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...n-matt-oconnor

Recap from Agganis
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Which one? Saw about 4 of them tonight. I thought that was a great hockey game tonight. Wouldn't mind seeing these teams play every year
                    Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

The one where the UND player went nuts. BU player slashed his stick and broke his own stick in the process. Ref called slashing the other way around on the UND player thinking he had broken the BU player's stick.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        The one where the UND player went nuts. BU player slashed his stick and broke his own stick in the process. Ref called slashing the other way around on the UND player thinking he had broken the BU player's stick.
                        it's easy to confuse the two as the uniform colors are EXTREMELY similar
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

No Collier, No Kurker. 2 games. Message received?
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            No Collier, No Kurker. 2 games. Message received?
                            May I suggest Moscatel and Moran to take their place in the stands? I mean really, what are they thinking with those terrible 3rd period penalties?

Thank goodness for O'Connor. Good for him.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

And actually, I'm concerned that with Collier, it could be that he is just not as talented as thought. He did play with some good forwards both at MC and for the Warriors.

Kurker can at least resort to using his size to be a banger.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                And actually, I'm concerned that with Collier, it could be that he is just not as talented as thought. He did play with some good forwards both at MC and for the Warriors.

Kurker can at least resort to using his size to be a banger.
                                Collier is 5'8". Given his size, I thought he'd be quick and fast, but it doesn't appear to me that he gets around the rink, either. He hasn't done anything to catch the eye. Kurker? No, no, no.
                                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                                X