This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014: Ready to Quinn

BU's band is sounding pretty good on national TV!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      does it cost $5.02 or something? that is so ridiculous that they have not figured that out that it's scary
      And $8.03 for beer LOL
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Use yer CC and get the miles
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

One man's opinion...

1. Conceding that UND isn't up to the their usual standards, I thought this was as well as I've seen BU play this season.

2. Kelley and Moran had good games.

3. Rodrigues is brutal on the PP point. Whatever movement and momentum has been built up on the PP, stops when the pucks comes to him.
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
            BU's band is sounding pretty good on national TV!
            The band is always good... But was most excellent tonight. They added a couple of new tunes as well. I commented during the game how well they were playing. It seems there were more band members than other students. I was not thinking about TV... Now the increase in band members makes sense. Lots of Sioux fans there tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              you must not be a Bostonian. We do NOT pronounce an "o" as you have written in lahbstah. I really do not understand why people think that we do. Do we bastardize the "r" ? Of course, but no Bostonian says Bahstin or lahbstah, it's lobstah! AND we pronounce our city correctly, we do not bastardize "Boston" . We don't eff up the O, we eff up the R! Even the frigging coffee commercials on radio, Dunkin's or McD's ,whatevah , where at the end they say "how do you say Connecticut?" is erroneous , when they say kahhfee for coffee, W.T.F. ??? . Who here says that? Geesh!
              Not only that... is there even a Joe's Crab Shack anywhere near Boston?

We probably should have steered him to the Barking Crab, Legal's or the Summer Shack...

What's Connecticut?

Comment

Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
                Ok so W T F is Season Ticket Holders Against TB all about?
                Saw that too, what is that all about? Only thing I can think of is it's a shot at Ticketmaster, the sign maker abbreviating some nickname, "TB."
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Not even 4,000 against a program like UND? Sheesh...

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Not only that... is there even a Joe's Crab Shack anywhere near Boston?

We probably should have steered him to the Barking Crab, Legal's or the Summer Shack...

What's Connecticut?
                    There's one in Methuen. But it's outside 495, so it doesn't exist. Barking Crab is terrible - tourist trap. Connecticut is a foreign country, but I did grow up there so I like it.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• well.. Y'ALL ARE WELCOME!!!!

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Saw that too, what is that all about? Only thing I can think of is it's a shot at Ticketmaster, the sign maker abbreviating some nickname, "TB."
                      c'mon!!! who was the ref tonight
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Barking Crab is terrible - tourist trap.
                        Yes... this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

And really just in general, seeing someone that is so much younger than what we've had, it just seemed to add energy to the environment. I can't point to any specifics, but I get the feeling the team is energized to have Quinn there.
                          I can't see anything that would tell me if Quinn has added energy to the team or not... but if he has, it certainly hasn't carried over to the fan base. Attendance and energy in the arena has been brutal this season which is really unfortunate. To me it's been really disappointing to see the lack of fans coming out to support the team and new coach.

Comment

Game recap from Evan Sporer

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...-injury-update

Hohmann injury update with VIDEO

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...nn-hockey-east
                            Last edited by CollegeHockeyRinkReport; 11-22-2013, 11:45 PM.
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Not even 4,000 against a program like UND? Sheesh...
                              saw that. I get that both teams are not up to their normal standards but what gives?

. Barking Crab is terrible - tourist trap.
                              agree. went once, never again and if you're over 30 the wait staff ignores you

Since the BU thread is so food and drink oriented, anyone been to Deep Ellum?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                I can't see anything that would tell me if Quinn has added energy to the team or not... but if he has, it certainly hasn't carried over to the fan base. Attendance and energy in the arena has been brutal this season which is really unfortunate. To me it's been really disappointing to see the lack of fans coming out to support the team and new coach.
                                Yes the crowds have been pretty sad. And as you say it's not just the numbers but the enthusiasm too. The student section was embarrassingly bad.
                                Go BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X