This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Attendance: 3,755. Better than I would have expected for a Sunday game against UConn after a couple of discouraging losses.

Add Popcorn to the list of items that are priced stupidly. $4.01 for a large popcorn before I presented my "free popcorn" coupon.

Has anyone successfully ordered a sausage with peppers and onions yet this season? I've tried at 3 different games and each time I've been told they were sold out.
    lol. I went for a bbq cheddar burger, but that stand was closed.So I tried for the carved roast beef but that cart wasn't there. Turned around to go for a sausage, and they scoffed. Settled on those fabulous chicken finger things. God, they suck.
    Go BU!

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014: Ready to Quinn

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._defeat_in.php

"BU was faced with a 2-0 deficit entering the first"

Kinda felt that way didn't it?

Comment

Good thing we got another shot at it Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          At the end of two I was wondering what possible value UConn is bringing to Hockey East.
          it's really is bizarre aint it? It's amazing Quinnipiac didn't get invited , what an addition they would have been to HE............... the BC-UConn rift reared its ugly head when the ACC thing started years ago. what ever side you are on, there's reasons the rift exists ,I guess for both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            it's really is bizarre aint it? It's amazing Quinnipiac didn't get invited , what an addition they would have been to HE............... the BC-UConn rift reared its ugly head when the ACC thing started years ago. what ever side you are on, there's reasons the rift exists ,I guess for both sides.
            I think the main reason that UConn was invited is that its a major university which has the resources to put a competitive product on the ice. That they haven't until now has been more a function of focus. Plus as a state flagship university it has lots in common with the others, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, UMass, that make up the core of Hockey East, and it is a "national university" that fits in with BC, BU, Northeastern. Quinnipiac is none of those things. Not to say they haven't built a very good program, but they are much more of a regional/local school and would be a lesser fit more along the lines of Merrimack without the academics.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ne-david-quinn

Feature on the progression of the two rookie dmen including quotes from Quinn
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                I think the main reason that UConn was invited is that its a major university which has the resources to put a competitive product on the ice. That they haven't until now has been more a function of focus. Plus as a state flagship university it has lots in common with the others, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, UMass, that make up the core of Hockey East, and it is a "national university" that fits in with BC, BU, Northeastern. Quinnipiac is none of those things. Not to say they haven't built a very good program, but they are much more of a regional/local school and would be a lesser fit more along the lines of Merrimack without the academics.
                yeah, I get all that and the points you make are valid . HE already has Merrimack as you say and Providence too , so there's precedent already for a Q . In the end, I still would have preferred Q or RPI

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                  It's pretty funny seeing it all laid out here.

Joe Bertagna Pop Quiz

1. You can add one team to your hockey conference, which one do you invite.
                  a) The really really bad team
                  b) The really really good team

I think we can all understand where Bertagna was coming from here when he made his choice. And by all of us, I mean none of us.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Joe Bertagna Pop Quiz

I think we can all understand where Bertagna was coming from here when he made his choice. And by all of us, I mean none of us.
                    You can't really be serious here can you? I know everyone loves to hate the commissioner in any sport, but the athletic directors and presidents have the final say. I'd be everything that Bertagna was just following orders when he brought in UConn over QU.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                      http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...tic-hockey-aha

I'd be interested in hearing some thoughts on what BU fans think of the goalie situation.
                      I think the goalie situation is the least of our worries. A better team in front of them would do wonders.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        I think the goalie situation is the least of our worries. A better team in front of them would do wonders.
                        I totally agree on that, but I guess my main point was that neither Maguire or O'Connor seem to be better or worse. I think it's a good thing to have two very good goalies.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Joe Bertagna Pop Quiz

It was a terrible decision for the current Hockey East. But...

For the growth of college hockey, do you invite the small unknown school who's already peaking (which would likely help them stay on top, granted). Or do you invite the large, well-known school who has the resources to field a top team consistently but needs the exposure and recruiting of a top conference? That's the only devil's advocate I can manage.
                          Boston University 2009 Champs
                          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post

For the growth of college hockey, do you invite the small unknown school who's already peaking (which would likely help them stay on top, granted). Or do you invite the large, well-known school who has the resources to field a top team consistently but needs the exposure and recruiting of a top conference? That's the only devil's advocate I can manage.
                            As much as we all love it, how much is college hockey going to grow beyond what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post

Quinnipiac is not going to have any issues with resources any more than Uconn will. This is all just foolish. If anything the Q can feed most of their $$ into their best sport (hockey) and it is a stronger situation than Uconn sending all their money to bounceyball (and nags bounceyball).

I'm not even going to address the hilarious part about them "peaking". Yea gee they are good so they can't get any better... why invite them?!!?!? Let's get someone that stinks but has never peaked.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I'm indifferent as to whether we have UConn or The Q in the conference (Q was my second favorite Star Trek character, he got beaten out by Seven of Nine for a couple of reasons....) but I do wonder if they're like Lake St back in the day, as in once the coach takes off will they be able to sustain the program's high level of play.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X