#2 Wisconsin heads to #7 BC (10/18) and #15 BU (10/19) HE/B1G challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #2 Wisconsin heads to #7 BC (10/18) and #15 BU (10/19) HE/B1G challenge

UM won convincingly last year over BC but it sure didn't help them come NCAA tourney time so I can't gloat. I'm sure UW will be fine and if anything this will be an early season wake up call.

Look forward to the Gophers playing both this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      UM won convincingly last year over BC but it sure didn't help them come NCAA tourney time so I can't gloat. I'm sure UW will be fine and if anything this will be an early season wake up call.

Look forward to the Gophers playing both this season.
      Not to make excuses, but BC was down 3 or 4 D-men in that game and was skating several non scholarship freshmen on defense, so it would have been a surprise if they didn't get blown out.

Comment

Anyone who actually watched the game can appreciate how poorly Wisconsin played in this contest. At least 7 of the 9 goals came on shots where the BC player had zero Wisconsin players between the goal and himself. CLEARLY BC had a lot to do with creating those breaks, it doesn't take an analyst to point that out. Anyone who has watched Wisconsin play more than once also should be able to realize how uncharacteristic this was of their team.

It's exactly what UMass-Lowell did in the NCAA tournament last season to the Badgers. There's no question in my mind opposition speed/transition is a serious issue right now. How will Eaves and the coaching staff react? I guess we'll see. If they can't stop speed, Wisconsin is absolutely f'ed. I'd love to just say this is a one time thing, but after watching UMass-Lowell last year take UW to the woodshed, I'm convinced this is something UW doesn't have an answer for.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
          Not to make excuses, but BC was down 3 or 4 D-men in that game and was skating several non scholarship freshmen on defense, so it would have been a surprise if they didn't get blown out.
          No doubt that probably was a big factor, but IMO both teams full strength UMN had the better team last year. This year, who knows, but this BC team is looking pretty darn good. Even in the loss to Michigan you could see that. I'm both excited and fearful of next weekend.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            Anyone who actually watched the game can appreciate how poorly Wisconsin played in this contest. At least 7 of the 9 goals came on shots where the BC player had zero Wisconsin players between the goal and himself. CLEARLY BC had a lot to do with creating those breaks, it doesn't take an analyst to point that out. Anyone who has watched Wisconsin play more than once also should be able to realize how uncharacteristic this was of their team.

It's exactly what UMass-Lowell did in the NCAA tournament last season to the Badgers. There's no question in my mind opposition speed/transition is a serious issue right now. How will Eaves and the coaching staff react? I guess we'll see. If they can't stop speed, Wisconsin is absolutely f'ed. I'd love to just say this is a one time thing, but after watching UMass-Lowell last year take UW to the woodshed, I'm convinced this is something UW doesn't have an answer for.
            I don't doubt you Andy. I was more or less giving you a shot back for continuing to bring up the past. I've apologized and moved on. As for UW, no doubt they aren't seven goals worse than BC. York even said that post game. Even great teams have off nights. UW is and will be fine. My guess is they bounce back strong tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
              I don't doubt you Andy. I was more or less giving you a shot back for continuing to bring up the past. I've apologized and moved on. As for UW, no doubt they aren't seven goals worse than BC. York even said that post game. Even great teams have off nights. UW is and will be fine. My guess is they bounce back strong tomorrow.
              I was fully prepared to ignore your past transgressions (despite how deplorable they were) until you decided to continually bash me in various places around the inter-webs. Now, I don't care any more.

Comment

I was fully prepared to ignore your past transgressions (despite how deplorable they were) until you decided to continually bash me in various places around the inter-webs. Now, I don't care any more.
                When did I bash you? I have nothing against you. This is just sports talk man. We're both passionate fans. I may hate the Badgers, but I don't personally dislike you.

Comment

When did I bash you? I have nothing against you. This is just sports talk man. We're both passionate fans. I may hate the Badgers, but I don't personally dislike you.
                  I'm not going to play ***-for-tat, Josh. You obviously know. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones big man.

Comment

BCI recap:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...-wisconsin-9-2

Hey guys kick the crap out of the puntable dogs tomorrow, thanks
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                      My main point was that despite the win for the Gophers it didn't mean much in the end as they went out against Yale. It's early in the season and like most years there will be teams that look wicked that will falter and others that are struggling that will make an NCAA push. I don't revel in UW being stomped (ok, just a bit) because UW I think will be fine, but more importantly it doesn't mean the Gophers will do anything.

Good luck to all of you when not playing UM.

Comment

I'm not going to play ***-for-tat, Josh. You obviously know. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones big man.
                        Sorry you feel that way. In all fairness, I didn't follow you into this thread. Nor did I come into this thread bashing the Badgers. You engaged me here by calling me out.

You're right. I really have no room to criticize you. I am by far the biggest homer I know and I am far from immune from making dumb comments as we ALL know.

I'll move on. Certainly didn't intend for all this.

Comment

So... That game happened.

Was on the road unable to find the game on AM radio, but there are only so many storylines that can come out of an ***-whooping of that magnitude.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

. Certainly didn't intend for all this.
                            famous last words. In one form or another, they're at the end of all the arguments you start

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Obviously impressed with BC, but wow...what an absolutely brutal performance from Wisconsin.

Not that they even attempted to help either goaltender tonight, but where was Rumpel?
                              Ankle sprain, out 2 weeks for sure. Petersen is very capable, it sounds like the loss is not on him but the fact that they played like doggie doodoo all night.

They better redeem themselves tonight.....
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Sorry you feel that way. In all fairness, I didn't follow you into this thread. Nor did I come into this thread bashing the Badgers. You engaged me here by calling me out.

You're right. I really have no room to criticize you. I am by far the biggest homer I know and I am far from immune from making dumb comments as we ALL know.

I'll move on. Certainly didn't intend for all this.

Where have I heard that (those) before?

Many of us suspected that you were Dubbie in disguise, but you've done a pretty remarkable job of keeping the personalities split. So I was still on the fence and just assumed that there could be more than one of your type amongst a fan base such as the Gophers.

Are you really in Milwaukee? How do you keep the Dubbie side from coming out?

This is actually pretty creepy.

And a whole lot pathetic.
                                Last edited by Gurtholfin; 10-19-2013, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X