2013 Brice Alaska goal rush UAA uaf, western Michigan and Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Brice Alaska goal rush UAA uaf, western Michigan and Denver

UAA won the Kendall last week in Matt Thomas's debut with a 3-1 win over quinipiac and a 4-2 come from behind win over airforce.

Uaf split at the Kendall last week with a 6-1 win against Air Force and a 4-1 loss to Quinnipiac.

Western swept and shutout by notre dame 4-0 and 3-0.

Denver swept and shutout Merrimack 1-0 and 4-0 under new coach Jim Montgomery.

Should be a great weekend of hockey

Discuss
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Re: 2013 Brice Alaska goal rush UAA uaf, western Michigan and Denver

Based on the two Kendall games for Alaska, I hope the door to the penalty box has plenty of WD-40 on it.

I think DU is more vulnerable than Wmich, but it should be a great weekend of hockey.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

It is appropriate to call Western Michigan Wastern right? Everybody I know from Michigan does ...
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Will be tough games for both Alaska teams, although I believe both UA and UAA can beat each team.. UAF will have to stay out of the box to win against either team.
        All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Personally, I would like to see Brittain get 4 shutouts in a row.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
            Will be tough games for both Alaska teams, although I believe both UA and UAA can beat each team.. UAF will have to stay out of the box to win against either team.
            Pios only had a total of 18 minutes of penalties on the weekend. And that is considerably different from last year when 18 minutes a game was not unusual.

PIM
            Uaf 73
            WMU 49
            UAA 26
            DU 18

PP Goals
            Uaf 2/6 33.3%
            DU 4/13 30.8%
            UAA 3/13 23.1%
            WMU 0/11 0.00%

Neither DU or UAA has allowed a Power Play Goal
            Last edited by vizoroo; 10-13-2013, 09:04 PM.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              Pios only had a total of 18 minutes of penalties on the weekend. And that is considerably different from last year when 18 minutes a game was not unusual.

PIM
              Uaf 73
              WMU 49
              UAA 26
              DU 18

PP Goals
              Uaf 2/6 33.3%
              DU 4/13 30.8%
              UAA 3/13 23.1%
              WMU 0/11 0.00%

Neither DU or UAA has allowed a Power Play Goal
              Thanks for the stats Viz! Wow, WMU 0 for 11 on the power play? Wow.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Did anyone notice the list of WCHA refs on the WCHA website?

Brad Albers (#14), Tommy Albindia (#9), Scott Bokel (#29), Mike Elam (#22), Pete Friesema (#10), Kevin Hall (#4), Marco Hunt (#4), Brady Johnson (#11), Brett Klosowski (#31), Dan Kovarik (#24), Kevin Langseth (#17), Justin Brown (#5), Bobby Lukkason (#27), Jared Moen (#14), Butch Mousseaux (#12), Chris Perrault (#20), Keith Sergott (#7), Tom Sterns (#8), Rodney Tocco (#27), Mark Wilkins (#23). Part Time: Derek Shepherd (#3), Brad Shepherd (#33), Tim Walsh (#11).

NO Todd Anderson or Don Adam, YAY!! Friesema has been reinstated after being arrested at the Anchorage airport for making the joke about a bomb in his suitcase. Albers, Hall, Langseth, Surgott, Wilkins and Tocco are from the CCHA. Tommy Albindia, Bobby Lukkason, Brady Johnson, and Mike Elam are from the USHL.
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Beating Quinnipiac was certainly nice. Beating Western Mich and UofD will be exponentially nicer. Sure Quinnipiac was 10th in some stupid poll or another but I'd like to never lose to one of the Butthurt's league members. Especially the one that covertly started the whole retardedness. UofD doesn't really have much on the offensive end from what I see. A couple of guys have good resume's and scouting reports etc but overall you're looking at a team that in my estimation will finish low in that league. What offense they might generate will most likely come from the backend. Look for them to push the puck back to the blueline whenever they're on the Power Play. A solid team effort like last Friday night should do the trick. Making their new coach hate going to Alaska as much as the last yahoo-in-charge will be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                    Beating Quinnipiac was certainly nice. Beating Western Mich and UofD will be exponentially nicer. Sure Quinnipiac was 10th in some stupid poll or another but I'd like to never lose to one of the Butthurt's league members. Especially the one that covertly started the whole retardedness. UofD doesn't really have much on the offensive end from what I see. A couple of guys have good resume's and scouting reports etc but overall you're looking at a team that in my estimation will finish low in that league. What offense they might generate will most likely come from the backend. Look for them to push the puck back to the blueline whenever they're on the Power Play. A solid team effort like last Friday night should do the trick. Making their new coach hate going to Alaska as much as the last yahoo-in-charge will be fun.
                    I think if the Seawolves play like they did on Friday they have a good shot at beating both of these teams. Play like they did on Saturday? Not so confident of a win. The same goes for UA_, they looked good on Friday but not on Saturday.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

F it, I'm calling it. We are going undefeated, we will the National Championship against Minisoda 27-0, where John Hill will have the pleasure of being Chief Executive Manager of Janitorial Services.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                        F it, I'm calling it. We are going undefeated, we will the National Championship against Minisoda 27-0, where John Hill will have the pleasure of being Chief Executive Manager of Janitorial Services.
                        Bold move...
                        If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                          Geez, win 3 games and you UAA fans sure get cocky. Guess that's what a ton of losing seasons will do to you. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                            Geez, win 3 games and you UAA fans sure get cocky. Guess that's what a ton of losing seasons will do to you. ;-)
                            Welcome back UAFIceAngel - I see you are still in form!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                              Hey!

Exhibition games don't count!

BTW if you're wondering how "You Can't Spell Failure Without UAF" came about, it's IceAngel's fault.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                              X