PDA

View Full Version : tUMD @ CC: lets get high

Pages : [1] 2

UMD21
10-12-2013, 09:35 PM
First NCHC conference series for both teams. Both teams predicted to do---not so hot. I disagree. Ready for some good hockey this weekend. Who's making the weekend, and what are good suggested pre-game plans? I've never been to a game in the Springs so I'm looking forward to it

Biddco
10-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Golden Bee!

Never been there but I've heard good things

Biddco
10-14-2013, 11:52 AM
This weekend I have no idea what to expect. Any result wouldn't surprise me.

ronmexico
10-15-2013, 06:21 PM
You can come drink a 40oz under the Cimarron Street Bridge with me! Also, I could use a ride to the game... :o

Yes, go to The Golden Bee, it's not what it once was but still a very good option. Aside from that I would say you can find whatever you are looking for on Tejon Street, Old Colorado City or Manitou.

The Rube
10-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Bristol Brewing has some darn good beer. When I was there last year, they still had table shuffleboard (free to play), too!

The Rube
10-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Oh, and WAFFLE HOUSE. Gotta get some Waffle House.

UMD21
10-15-2013, 09:21 PM
You can come drink a 40oz under the Cimarron Street Bridge with me! Also, I could use a ride to the game... :o

Yes, go to The Golden Bee, it's not what it once was but still a very good option. Aside from that I would say you can find whatever you are looking for on Tejon Street, Old Colorado City or Manitou.

As it sounds right now, to my chagrin we have to start driving down to Houston on Saturday unless by an act of god work sticks to their original plan and we fly out Sunday. I'll be at the game on Friday assuming I finish my obligations and Denver traffic doesn't cause me to inflict a mortal would upon myself

The Rube
10-15-2013, 10:41 PM
As it sounds right now, to my chagrin we have to start driving down to Houston on Saturday unless by an act of god work sticks to their original plan and we fly out Sunday. I'll be at the game on Friday assuming I finish my obligations and Denver traffic doesn't cause me to inflict a mortal would upon myself

Yeah, good luck with that.

section16rowA
10-16-2013, 05:56 AM
Oh, and WAFFLE HOUSE. Gotta get some Waffle House.

Awful House, really Brent? That's like saying gotta get some Perkins. Stick to recommending local Springs stuff...

The Rube
10-16-2013, 08:15 AM
Awful House, really Brent? That's like saying gotta get some Perkins. Stick to recommending local Springs stuff...

Do not besmirch Waffle House. :mad: There are none in MN, so when I visit CO, it's a must.

Tipsy McStagger
10-16-2013, 01:53 PM

Waffle House isn't even as good as Perkins. People just want what they can't have. For example check out how busy the Sonic's are now that we have them here. But before we had them everyone was clamoring for them.

vizoroo
10-16-2013, 04:42 PM
The Golden Bee and the Broadmoor are musts in Colorado Springs.

Before it was part of the Hilton chain, The Antlers Hotel, in Downtown , had THE BEST escargot. But who knows now....

COHockey
10-16-2013, 05:49 PM
The Golden Bee and the Broadmoor are musts in Colorado Springs.

Ah, the Broadmoor. One of only two hotels in the world who's staff actually carried me to my room (the other being the Stanley, but that only kinda counts as they used a wheelchair that time).

The Rube
10-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Waffle House isn't even as good as Perkins. People just want what they can't have. For example check out how busy the Sonic's are now that we have them here. But before we had them everyone was clamoring for them.

I'm sorry, but I like Waffle House. Good'n'greasy. Perkins is just so bland to me.

The Dutch Mill has good breakfast, and it's either Muffin Meadows or Meadow Muffins that has a decent burger.

bigblue_dl
10-17-2013, 08:07 AM

That might be because Sonic has ****ty food. But then again, so does Waffle House.

RogerWF
10-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Bristol Brewing has some darn good beer. When I was there last year, they still had table shuffleboard (free to play), too!

For those unaware, Bristol has moved (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yin_KA1fJFw) into an old elementary school nearby...along with a bakery, deli, coffee shop/cocktail bar, meat/cheese shop, and local food outlet. Cool spot...highly recommended! :)

They just released one of their annual community ales, the proceeds of which benefit a local non-profit. Venetucci pumpkin ale (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXn4KfAZOyk) supports the local farm by the same name, but is probably already sold out. It's a big deal every year in the Springs.

If you can't make it there, look for Bristol beers at the World Arena. And oh yeah...GO TIGERS!

ronmexico
10-17-2013, 10:43 AM
For those unaware, Bristol has moved (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yin_KA1fJFw) into an old elementary school nearby...along with a bakery, deli, coffee shop/cocktail bar, meat/cheese shop, and local food outlet. Cool spot...highly recommended! :)

They just released one of their annual community ales, the proceeds of which benefit a local non-profit. Venetucci pumpkin ale (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXn4KfAZOyk) supports the local farm by the same name, but is probably already sold out. It's a big deal every year in the Springs.

If you can't make it there, look for Bristol beers at the World Arena. And oh yeah...GO TIGERS!

Good point RogerWF! I haven't made it yet, not sure why because I live maybe 10 blocks away but I've heard nothing but great things about the new building at Ivywild Elementary. It's also less than 10 minutes from the arena!

goldy_331
10-17-2013, 03:20 PM
So will any hockey be played at CC this weekend or just visits to brew pubs and fast food joints? :confused:

RogerWF
10-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Joints? Did someone say joints??? :cool:

Biddco
10-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Joints? Did someone say joints??? :cool:

Them Coloradans love their wacky tabaccy!