Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kendall Classic: UAA, Quinnipiac, UA_, Air Force?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendall Classic: UAA, Quinnipiac, UA_, Air Force?

The biggest question of course is does AF come? If not then does UAA disinvite Fairbanks and play Q twice? Or will there be some attempt to bring AF back for some sort of make up games?

Re: Kendall Classic: UAA, Quinnipiac, UA_, Air Force?

DD, article at http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=13400 from today says nothing about AF NOT coming up so I will assume that the classic is on as scheduled. Doyle hasn't said anything either.....
    GO SEAWOLVES!!

Comment

The only way I see it is unfortunately AF forfits
      And how does that effect, affect, whatever the right word is, their season record qualifying for post season? Would it be 2 losses or what?
      That leaves Quinnipiac playing both nights.
      UA_ and UAA play one night each
      Does anyone know for sure if AF is comeing???? shutdown or not????
      Leaving the politics out of it (how do you do that?) it sure goofs things up.

Comment

Clearly this stupidity about shutdowns is not going to get fixed anytime soon. The service academies should be forced to drop all athletics if you ask me rather than be another pawn for useless scum teabaggers in some queer political nonsense.

I still blame AF for effing up the college hockey landscape with their shenanigans moving to Atlantic Hockey. I rally like Frank Sertatore but if the academies can be manipulated in this way then they shouldn't be allowed to continue to participate in college sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          The only way I see it is unfortunately AF forfits
          And how does that effect, affect, whatever the right word is, their season record qualifying for post season? Would it be 2 losses or what?
          That leaves Quinnipiac playing both nights.
          UA_ and UAA play one night each
          Does anyone know for sure if AF is comeing???? shutdown or not????
          Leaving the politics out of it (how do you do that?) it sure goofs things up.
          plan A AirForce show's up and all is good.
          plan B Air Force can't make it so......... _airbanks stay's home and play's visitor to the She-Nooks and the Girls get the nook locker room as home team.
          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Yesterday I got the email from UAA about the tournament, so I assume games of some sort will be played.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
              Clearly this stupidity about shutdowns is not going to get fixed anytime soon. The service academies should be forced to drop all athletics if you ask me rather than be another pawn for useless scum teabaggers in some queer political nonsense.

I still blame AF for effing up the college hockey landscape with their shenanigans moving to Atlantic Hockey. I rally like Frank Sertatore but if the academies can be manipulated in this way then they shouldn't be allowed to continue to participate in college sports.
              Way to leave politics out of it. Must be a UAA grad or not, just a product of the fine Anchorage School District.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                just a product of the fine Anchorage School District.
                And you the Falcon fan should be so lucky.
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Way to leave politics out of it. Must be a UAA grad or not, just a product of the fine Anchorage School District.

From the UA_ thread:
                  Anchorage trolls in mid-season form.
                  Pot, meet kettle.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Well no worries now as UAA announced that Air Force is coming up
                    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Excellent.
                      Even if it somewhat pains me, I have to root for you guys against all non-conference foes. So go kick some Bobcat butt and clip some Falcon tail feathers this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                        Excellent.
                        Even if it somewhat pains me, I have to root for you guys against all non-conference foes. So go kick some Bobcat butt and clip some Falcon tail feathers this weekend.
                        It pains me to hear you say that. Sorry I'm a firm believer of not rootin for your rival and don't buy into the root for the conference bs that has taken over college sports for some odd reason
                        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                          It pains me to hear you say that. Sorry I'm a firm believer of not rootin for your rival and don't buy into the root for the conference bs that has taken over college sports for some odd reason
                          Well it’s not because I have a soft spot in my heart for UAA. It’s self serving.
                          Our series sweep of your seapups is worth more if your program has a couple of quality wins outside of conference play.

Go Nooks!
                          Last edited by mmf; 10-09-2013, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                            Well no worries now as UAA announced that Air Force is coming up
                            How many retired Generals work at UAA? Enough to get them here, that’s how many.
                            Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-09-2013, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                              Excellent.
                              Right out of the Eddie Haskell Handbook………….. almost word for word.

Comment

Working...
                              X