Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat?

New season, new thread.

But first some news on a former player ...

Wayne Simpson inks a deal with the South Carolina Stingrays of the ECHL: http://t.co/yD7s4rp02a

Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat?

4 days! Let's Go U! #3peat #CarrforHobey
    Union College Hockey
    2014 NCAA National Champions
    2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Max Coatta has committed to Minnesota State according to EliteProspects.com. You have to wonder how hard Union was after him, as he won't arrive on campus at Minnesota State until 2015.

Comment

Coburn joins Forgaard and Julseth-White in Las Vegas:

http://unionhockeyblog.blogspot.com/...las-vegas.html

Comment

Lots of Union flavor on that Las Vegas team. One third of the defensemen in training camp for the Wranglers are ex-Union players with the addition of Coburn. One of their teammates will be ex-Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov for at least the start of the season as he has signed a tryout agreement with the Wranglers after the Flyers bought out his contract in the off-season.

Comment

3 days!!! I really got pumped after the Garnet and White game.
            Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Friday night can't come soon enough. It's going to be a wild weekend at Messa with the Dutchwomen playing at 3:30 both days as well. Both at home on the same weekend doesn't happen too much.

This weekend should be a very good test for the men's team. BG was picked to finish 4th in the WCHA, so they're no pushover. I expect two close, competitive games. I'm probably a little more worried about Friday because BG enters that game with a full exhibition under their belts. It will be Union's first real action of the season, scrimmage aside.

Comment

Its at times like this that I think of the words of General George Patton:

When a man is lying in a shell hole, if he just stays there all day, a Boche will get him eventually. The hell with that. My men don't dig foxholes. Foxholes only slow up an offensive. Keep moving. We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have or ever will have. We're not just going to shoot the ********, we're going to rip out their living god****ed guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun **********s by the bushel-****ing-basket.

Some of you men are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you'll all do your duty. War is a bloody business, a killing business. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them, spill their blood or they will spill yours. Shoot them in the guts. Rip open their belly. When shells are hitting all around you and you wipe the dirt from your face and you realize that it's not dirt, it's the blood and gut of what was once your best friend, you'll know what to do.

I don't want any messages saying 'I'm holding my position.' We're not holding a god****ed thing. We're advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding anything except the enemy's balls. We're going to hold him by his balls and we're going to kick him in the ***; twist his balls and kick the living **** out of him all the time. Our plan of operation is to advance and keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like **** through a tinhorn.

There will be some complaints that we're pushing our people too hard. I don't give a **** about such complaints. I believe that an ounce of sweat will save a gallon of blood. The harder we push, the more Germans we kill. The more Germans we kill, the fewer of our men will be killed. Pushing harder means fewer casualties. I want you all to remember that. My men don't surrender. I don't want to hear of any soldier under my command being captured unless he is hit. Even if you are hit, you can still fight. That's not just bull**** either. I want men like the lieutenant in Libya who, with a Luger against his chest, swept aside the gun with his hand, jerked his helmet off with the other and busted the hell out of the Boche with the helmet. Then he picked up the gun and he killed another German. All this time the man had a bullet through his lung. That's a man for you!
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                  Friday night can't come soon enough. It's going to be a wild weekend at Messa with the Dutchwomen playing at 3:30 both days as well. Both at home on the same weekend doesn't happen too much.

This weekend should be a very good test for the men's team. BG was picked to finish 4th in the WCHA, so they're no pushover. I expect two close, competitive games. I'm probably a little more worried about Friday because BG enters that game with a full exhibition under their belts. It will be Union's first real action of the season, scrimmage aside.
                  The word I've seen most to describe BG is "relentless." They should come out with fire and control the first part of the game. It remains to be seen whether they can maintain their game for a full 60 minutes. The exhibition started getting sloppy during the third period.

Does Union offer a livestream of the game?

Comment

Fans, don't forget - Coach's Corner Live! Our first show of the season, comes your way tomorrow (Wed) night - 6pm, live from The Van Dyck Restaurant and Lounge on Union St. in Schenectady. We'll preview the upcoming season with Union head coach Rick Bennett, and get the scoop on the incoming players. If you have any questions for the coach, toss us an e-mail - UnionHockeyRadio@gmail.com. We'll be on the air on AM1240 at 6pm!

Coach's shows will be every two weeks during the season on Wednesday nights. Please "like" us on Facebook as well, https://www.facebook.com/UnionHockeyRadio!

Let's Go U!

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                      The word I've seen most to describe BG is "relentless." They should come out with fire and control the first part of the game. It remains to be seen whether they can maintain their game for a full 60 minutes. The exhibition started getting sloppy during the third period.

Does Union offer a livestream of the game?
                      You can get an audio stream at teamline.cc

I don't see this weekend's hockey games on their video streaming site.

Comment

At a time like this I can only think of the words of Winston Churchill, as he spoke to the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom on 4 June 1940,

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,

DEFENSE
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

We had an awesome turnout at Coach's Corner at the Van Dyck tonight, thanks for Rick and everyone else who turned up. Unfortunately, we had some tech issues that derailed the broadcast, but we're getting those ironed out. Union Hockey goes live on the air, Friday night, 6:45 pregame, as Union host Bowling Green in the first of a pair to start the season. Be there or tune in! (or both!) AM1240 locally, or anywhere online at teamline.cc (Search for Union College Atheltics!)

Comment

Some news that could impact the weekend -

Comment

Brian Sulivans Union season preview from USCHO. http://www.uscho.com/2013/10/08/unio...another-title/

Comment

Working...
                              X