Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat?

Considering its place in the standings, Union had more to lose by getting involved with the postgame antics.

I'm surprised it got to the point that it did. That kind of stuff isn't what Union is about. Now the Dutchmen will be without at least two key regulars, a top line center in Lichtenwald and a star defenseman in Bodie, for at least one game. Time will tell what, if anything, is handed down on Rick Bennett. But you have to think there's a chance something will be. His absence wouldn't be a positive. He's better than what he showed after the game. Everyone has moments they would like to take back, and I'm sure that's one for him.

Ultimately, neither side painted themselves well after the game.

Recap: http://t.co/48aRdfH147

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
      Time will tell what, if anything, is handed down on Rick Bennett.
      Recap: http://t.co/48aRdfH147
      It was incumbent on Mr. Bennett to deescalate that situation, he chose not to. The physical assault on coaches and #17 cannot be excused. That was not what he should have portrayed to his young men and more importantly to the young people in the stands. I have no confidence in the league but your president should think long and hard whether this is the right person to represent Union's program.
      Last edited by AspyDad; 01-26-2014, 08:07 AM.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by uniontrack View Post
        We'll see...I'm sure the ECAC will take into account the fact that the most of the RPI players were on the ice during the fracas and most of the Union players were on their bench, only coming out onto the ice after RB lost it...Nothing excuses Bennett's actions, but I'm sure the league will want answers from Appert as to why his entire team was on the ice and not called back to the bench...Both coaches apologized during the press conference, so the league will probably look at that as well...Neither team showered themselves with glory, but it's but another chapter in this rivalry and the good crowd will probably keep this NC game alive for quite awhile....
        So coming onto the ice to congratulate your goaltender after a victory is no longer allowed? Hope you remember that the next time you win a game, regardless of the opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by uniontrack View Post
          Now I see why your own thread can't stand you...You have a chip on your shoulder and you're obviously right about everything...So, Ghost deserves a beating simply because he wears Garnet and is a Philly prospect and had the nerve to fall down after being blindsided, but the student-athlete in Cherry and White gets a pass for an obvious cheap shot...If you feel that RPI was unfairly penalized for that cheap shot last year, then Bodie gets a pass tonight, even though he clearly took the cheap shot and deserves some time off...Stop
          embarrassing yourself and your school and go back to being hated on your own thread...
          A pool of blood on the ice and stitches,,, sounds like a dive to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Challenger View Post
            A pool of blood on the ice and stitches,,, sounds like a dive to me!
            Right, you don't miss a shift after a pool of blood, and get points on the ensuing power play. Quit exaggerating.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
              Rick Bennett runs a very disciplined program.
              Until you lose to a team that you should have beat.
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
                Really? I'd argue Brook Hicks. What was he doing near the blue line with Bodie anyways? Shouldn't he be near the net celebrating with his goalie?
                Umm, there was still 1.8 seconds left and a faceoff to be taken.....

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  It was incumbent on Mr. Bennett to deescalate that situation, he chose not to. The physical assault on coaches and #17 cannot be excused. That was not what he should have portrayed to his young men and more importantly to the young people in the stands. I have no confidence in the league but your president should think long and hard whether this is the right person to represent Union's program.
                  BS
                  The Rpi Coach Shoved Rb At Least Once And Was Taunting And running His Mouth. Knowlton Will Be Taking A Look at That As Well As Ths Player Who Was Given a DQ. He has had complaints from alums about
                  Seth Apert is a joke as a coach and couldnt teach a dog to go sg## on a newspaper. RPI will always bd a crap program with him around. outside the bs spin all you have is losses.

Union has the right guy, RPI does not

FYI, the Denver AD is still laughing ablut his name being "citculated" as a coaching canidate. never was on their prelim top 20 list.
                  Last edited by Hokydad; 01-26-2014, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Right, you don't miss a shift after a pool of blood, and get points on the ensuing power play. Quit exaggerating.
                    If you remember....which obviously you don't, it happened with a few minutes left in period. He got fixed up in between periods. Blood, stitches and a dented in helmet cage is not an exaggeration. Curadi is an undisciplined player. That's why the ECAC was there watching his antics last night! FIRST GUYS off your bench last night did not go to celebrate. They went head on into fighting which is a major penalty for a bench clearing. RPI coaches did not even attempt to bring them back from the start of it all. No excuse for what Bennett did BUT, it can't be 6 players against an entire RPI bench.

Comment

If you remember....which obviously you don't, it happened with a few minutes left in period. He got fixed up in between periods. Blood, stitches and a dented in helmet cage is not an exaggeration. Curadi is an undisciplined player. That's why the ECAC was there watching his antics last night! FIRST GUYS off your bench last night did not go to celebrate. They went head on into fighting which is a major penalty for a bench clearing. RPI coaches did not even attempt to bring them back from the start of it all. No excuse for what Bennett did BUT, it can't be 6 players against an entire RPI bench.
                      I'll give you Haggerty started pushing. Obviously you didn't see the shoves that your scumbags were giving our players, and you see yourselves as the victims. I hope your team has to forfeit the season.

Comment

Originally posted by uniontrack View Post
                        We'll see...I'm sure the ECAC will take into account the fact that the most of the RPI players were on the ice during the fracas and most of the Union players were on their bench, only coming out onto the ice after RB lost it...Nothing excuses Bennett's actions, but I'm sure the league will want answers from Appert as to why his entire team was on the ice and not called back to the bench...Both coaches apologized during the press conference, so the league will probably look at that as well...Neither team showered themselves with glory, but it's but another chapter in this rivalry and the good crowd will probably keep this NC game alive for quite awhile....
                        Again, they were coming off the bench to celebrate the win, and the fracas was IN FRONT OF RPI"S BENCH. Not only was it said by us multiple times, it was also said by ADK11 and Wholin1, two of the most respected Union posters by RPI fans, and by others who are fans of neither team. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          Not true at all...with a clean face off win 22 was in great position to get a shot off. That's why he was positioned where he was, and why 23 for RPI took off in his direction when the puck was dropped.

It's pretty clear who started this one...
                          Yes, and it's pretty clear, once again, the refs let this crap escalate throughout the entire game and last night is the result. It happens every time these two teams play. ECAC refs need to be consistent thru the entire game. They can't make a call when they feel like its time to make a call.

Comment

Yes, and it's pretty clear, once again, the refs let this crap escalate throughout the entire game and last night is the result. It happens every time these two teams play. ECAC refs need to be consistent thru the entire game. They can't make a call when they feel like its time to make a call.
                            You mean they should call your team's embellishments?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              I'll give you Haggerty started pushing. Obviously you didn't see the shoves that your scumbags were giving our players, and you see yourselves as the victims. I hope your team has to forfeit the season.
                              FlagDude just stop...come back to the RPI thread where we will just taunt you and get you all worked up over small things...Union will not have to forfeit the season, they aren't Vermont.
                              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Curadi is an undisciplined player. That's why the ECAC was there watching his antics last night!

Something tells me that the league was there because the offices are right down the hall from the ice surface. But no, that CAN'T be it.

Comment

Working...
                                X