Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat?

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
    Update: Kevin Sullivan, who missed both games this past weekend, is "day-to-day" with an "upper-body" injury.
    If he is able to go, who sits? Any word on Gonye?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
      If he is able to go, who sits? Any word on Gonye?
      Sullivan was the only player on the injury report.

I wouldn't expect any lineup decisions to be made public until lines are released Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
        Sullivan was the only player on the injury report.

I wouldn't expect any lineup decisions to be made public until lines are released Friday.
        I agree I was just throwing it out there for discussion.

Comment

Now that everyone's healthy there is a real logjam at forward. I don't see how you can keep Lichtenwald or any of the Bennett/Ikkala/Coatta line out of the lineup for the time being so I would expect to see less of Cruice, Roy, and Gonye in the near future. You never know what the coaching staff sees in practice so we'll have to wait and see how things develop over the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
            Now that everyone's healthy there is a real logjam at forward. I don't see how you can keep Lichtenwald or any of the Bennett/Ikkala/Coatta line out of the lineup for the time being so I would expect to see less of Cruice, Roy, and Gonye in the near future. You never know what the coaching staff sees in practice so we'll have to wait and see how things develop over the next few weeks.
            I agree with all of that.

Looking at last Saturday's lines, my guess is Cruice would sit on Friday if Sullivan returns. It would put Sullivan back with Hatch and Vecchione.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
              I'm not sure how much less of Roy can be seen as he's only played in one game and in my view he's been a disappointment to date. Gonye has missed the past 4 due to injury so I think it likely that if Sullivan returns then Cruice might be odd man out though I love the energy he brings. Of course after the coach's press conference remarks his status could be an issue even if healthy.

Comment

With Sullivan back, my lineup projections:

Carr---Lichtenwald---Wilkins
                Hatch---Novak---Sullivan (they played very well together last year, time to reunite)
                Ciampini---Vecchione---Pontarelli
                Ikkala---Bennett---Coatta

I hate the thought of Cruice out of the lineup because he has played with so much fire, but the depth we have right now is scary good.
                Union College Hockey
                2014 NCAA National Champions
                2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Not saying that he shouldn't be playing, but Pontarelli did not have a good game on Saturday and hasn't had a point in the last 5 games. He looked very out of his element against the size & physicality of the Big Red and is struggling with the defensive side of his game. He tends to chase the puck when he doesn't have it and gets out of defensive position instead of filling passing lanes, etc. Also is occasionally jumping into the neutral zone for the "home run" breakout pass, which is good only if it happens and can be a disaster if it doesn't. None of this is super surprising considering his offensive prowess in juniors and he isn't the first U frosh to have these issues, but in tight defensive games where one goal makes all the difference, this can be dangerous. Offensively he seems to be having trouble getting close to the net where he can use his quickness to make plays. His offensive skills are still off the charts and hopefully he continues to develop at both ends.
                  UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Kyle Bodie was traded Wednesday by the ECHL's Cincinnati Cyclones to the San Francisco Bulls: http://bit.ly/1e3SM4t

Comment

The tale of the tape gives the edge to RPI except for the most important comparison and we all know what I'm referring to correct? Hint, it's just above the green line. http://www.collegehockeynews.com/sch...pe.php?gid=306

Comment

Former Union forward Tim Cregan recalls his big goal against RPI 25 years later: http://bit.ly/1862Qc0

Was anyone here at that game?

Comment

Just making sure that I'm reading everything right...Friday's game is a 7:30 start at Messa, correct?
                          Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                            Just making sure that I'm reading everything right...Friday's game is a 7:30 start at Messa, correct?
                            Yes, Friday's game drops at 7:30 p.m. Saturday's round two in Troy is set for 7 p.m.

Comment

The unionathletics.tv site only shows upcoming broadcasts for women's hockey and the Dutchman's Shoes game. Is Union streaming Friday's game vs. RPI?

Comment

Very tough night tonight with the RPI #1 scoring offense in the ECAC.

Any injury report?

Misc Question about shutouts
                                Last year Hartzel had 5 shutouts, best in D-I as Quinnipiac lead the nation in defense.

2012-2013
                                Hartzel - 5
                                Borelli - 4
                                Kasdorf - 2
                                Stevens - 2
                                Grosenick - 2
                                Iles - 1

So far this year Garteig (Quinnipac) has 2 and Stevens has 1 (5 games) Stevens has 4 lifetime. I know defense its a team effort. I am not sure shutouts are necessarily a barometer of anything. It will be interesting as the season goes on how many Stevens (the team) will have.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X