Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-14 North Dakota Season thread

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    WMU played pretty solid, and UND didn't cash in on its chances. The Penrose would have been nice but now it's time to go back to work. Time to put CC away and lock up that tournament birth.
    They fell to 10 in the Pairwise, so beating CC is very important to making the tournament. Winning the conference playoffs would be nice, but at least get there and win a game and they should be fine.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Here is Jim Dahls' Pairwise predictor for the boys this weekend. Not quite win or go home, but pretty close.

http://blog.siouxsports.com/2014/03/...ament-chances/

Comment

UND Hockey: Grand Forks Cousins make an Impact in First Season with UND
        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
        Eric's Twitter
        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
          Here is Jim Dahls' Pairwise predictor for the boys this weekend. Not quite win or go home, but pretty close.

http://blog.siouxsports.com/2014/03/...ament-chances/
          If UND can't beat C.C. and advance to the NCHC tourney, I am not so sure they belong in the NCAA tourney. I think they advance.
          Eric's Twitter

Comment

Good win tonight. Finish it Saturday.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

They fell to 10 in the Pairwise, so beating CC is very important to making the tournament. Winning the conference playoffs would be nice, but at least get there and win a game and they should be fine.
              *Team's RPI has been adjusted to remove negative effect from defeating weak opponent.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...#ixzz2w1u9W9Et

Yes, this is a problem. UND beat CC 4-2 last night, and "fell" once again to 10T with Providence. A few other teams (e.g., Notre Dame) had "stronger" victories but still ... UND is not getting any love with the RPI adjustments. I've said it before, the Pairwise statistical system is faulty, always needing readjustments. I would like to see the statistics on how the RPI is adjusted from wins against "weak" opponents. Is CC considered weak, with a 6-22 or so record?
              No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

Gotta get rid of the slow start issue they have going on this weekend tomorrow night.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Not really. UND has always struggled against them, but I would guess that they hold the lead in wins in total games.
                  UND has a 37-10-7 (.750) against the Purple Mavs. So I don't know if that's having trouble, or not...
                  Eric's Twitter

Comment

Congrats on the win and the trip to Minneapolis.

Anybody see this today?:

http://deadspin.com/espn-living-in-the-past-1544904919

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                      Congrats on the win and the trip to Minneapolis.

Anybody see this today?:

http://deadspin.com/espn-living-in-the-past-1544904919
                      I love it.
                      AF 99

Comment

So if there are any Sioux fans that aren't checking out Siouxsports.com, this is a quick analysis of Pairwise possibilities this weekend. It would be a perfect Friday to see the boys win and Cornell, Clarkson, AA, MSUM and New Hampshire lose. That would put them a solid 11, and in good shape to make the tourney even with a loss on Saturday. They would still be at 12 if Colgate and MSUM win on Friday. A loss on Saturday and they drop to 14 if all the favorites win, and would be the last team in. If Cornell and MSUM win on Friday, they drop to 13. A loss on Saturday and they drop to 14 if all the favorites win, and would be the last team in. There are several scenarios where they would be the first team out. Basically we don’t want to see three or more of the teams above win on Friday.

Comment

So if there are any Sioux fans that aren't checking out Siouxsports.com, this is a quick analysis of Pairwise possibilities this weekend. It would be a perfect Friday to see the boys win and Cornell, Clarkson, AA, MSUM and New Hampshire lose. That would put them a solid 11, and in good shape to make the tourney even with a loss on Saturday. They would still be at 12 if Colgate and MSUM win on Friday. A loss on Saturday and they drop to 14 if all the favorites win, and would be the last team in. If Cornell and MSUM win on Friday, they drop to 13. A loss on Saturday and they drop to 14 if all the favorites win, and would be the last team in. There are several scenarios where they would be the first team out. Basically we don’t want to see three or more of the teams above win on Friday.
                          I guess I have a lot of games to keep track of tonight.
                          "My greatest achievement."
                          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Well after tonite's fiasco, it isn't quite as bleak as I thought it would be. It boils down to this: Sioux win, Wisconsin win and Lowell win - and we make the tourney. You can start holding your breath now.

Comment

I think the prevailing view among Sioux fans is that this game means nothing to the Broncos. I think that couldn't be any further from the truth and you're going to be surprised at how hard the Broncos work for the full sixty. Think about it, their playing for their 20th W. The seniors will be ready to do whatever it takes to get it done. Don't punch your ticket to the dance just yet people.
                              Go Pioneers!

Comment

• Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                                I think the prevailing view among Sioux fans is that this game means nothing to the Broncos. I think that couldn't be any further from the truth and you're going to be surprised at how hard the Broncos work for the full sixty. Think about it, their playing for their 20th W. The seniors will be ready to do whatever it takes to get it done. Don't punch your ticket to the dance just yet people.
                                Western beat the Sioux when they were playing for "nothing" and the Penrose was on the line. I don't think many North Dakota fans expect a cakewalk today, especially after last night.
                                AF 99

Comment

Working...
                                X