This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvard Crimson 2013-2014

Might as well start a new thread as no one else has yet.

Season tickets for both men and women are in the kitchen cabinet
    Parking pass in the same envelope as the tickets
    Schedules for both teams entered into the iPhone and MacBook
    I guess I am ready to go.

Looks like we have some decent freshmen in the mix.

Anyone have any idea as to how disruptive the reconstruction of Bright will be?

Re: Harvard Crimson 2013-2014

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
    Might as well start a new thread as no one else has yet.

Season tickets for both men and women are in the kitchen cabinet
    Parking pass in the same envelope as the tickets
    Schedules for both teams entered into the iPhone and MacBook
    I guess I am ready to go.

Looks like we have some decent freshmen in the mix.

Really looking forward to the season, though admittedly, I am very wary givewn the fact that we open up with teams who will have played several games. I much prefer to open up with the Ivies and think that this is a policy that the ECAC should look into adopting.

You always need to temper expectations for freshman, but I am really interested in what Sean Malone, Alex Kerfoot, and Victor Newell will bring to the ice.

I think Kevin Guiltinian will be the fan favorite and will be this decade's version of Kevin Melrose when all is said and done. He will take a fair amount of penalties, but he hits like a brick wall and forwards will not want to go into the corners with Kevin bearing down on them.

Comment

I feel so out of the loop that I'm just learning about this. Live stream of the construction here

Looking forward to when we come down to my area to face Princeton. Not sure how the new job will impact my getting to games live, but at least I have the online feed for all home and Ivy road games.
      Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
      Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
        I feel so out of the loop that I'm just learning about this. Live stream of the construction here

Looking forward to when we come down to my area to face Princeton. Not sure how the new job will impact my getting to games live, but at least I have the online feed for all home and Ivy road games.
        I wonder how parking will be affected by the construction? I usually park in the B-School lot but if there are spots taken away by the construction, the overflow no doubt will be pushed across the street I imagine. This could be a nightmare if the b-ball and hockey teams are playing on the same night.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
          Really looking forward to the season, though admittedly, I am very wary givewn the fact that we open up with teams who will have played several games. I much prefer to open up with the Ivies and think that this is a policy that the ECAC should look into adopting.

You always need to temper expectations for freshman, but I am really interested in what Sean Malone, Alex Kerfoot, and Victor Newell will bring to the ice.

I think Kevin Guiltinian will be the fan favorite and will be this decade's version of Kevin Melrose when all is said and done. He will take a fair amount of penalties, but he hits like a brick wall and forwards will not want to go into the corners with Kevin bearing down on them.
          We need a Melrose type back there. For all the talk of our skill up front during the eighties, it was Melrose who got the attention of the other teams' top forwards and threw some angst their way as they ventured into the corners. I remember an SLU player telling me after he graduated that no one on his team wanted to go into the corners when Melrose was out there. He was that imposing. Hope this kid Guiltinian brings the same nastiness.

Comment

Anyone going to the game tonight against Mcgill?

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
              Anyone going to the game tonight against Mcgill?
              I presume that you are talking about the game vs McGill women at 4PM Saturday. I was there and women looked good. Lots of switching freshmen into different lines to see how they work out.

As to the construction, parking etc.
              Right not the primary and only access upstairs is via the stairs and door on the side near Dillon and Palmer Dixon.

I parked today in a space with an ADA access placard with no problem (I understand that some of us gimpy types are offended by "disabled" or "handicapped" so those terms are considered non PC and not used) Access is poorly marked with signs but you need to go through the Gordon track door facing the stadium and then go up a ramp to the elevator. Not unmanageable but just confusing.

I do think we are lucky to have Bright Arena available at all as some of the fire exits are padlocked off.

Comment

Oops!
                Posted twice, sorry!

Comment

Oops!
                  Posted twice, sorry!
                  Terrible (character and record) Teddy cutting upperclassmen??!!!! Had no problem relying on them last year when Government class decimated your team.
                  You deserve what you have gotten and what you will get.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubleminor View Post
                    Terrible (character and record) Teddy cutting upperclassmen??!!!! Had no problem relying on them last year when Government class decimated your team.
                    Care to be specific as opposed to painting in broad strokes?

Seems to be a trend these days - see Coacch York at BC.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubleminor View Post
                      Who exactly did he cut? Caldwell?
                      Go Crimson!

Comment

Who exactly did he cut? Caldwell?
                        It looks that way. And I don't really understand the comment about cutting upperclassmen. The juniors are well represented on the roster. Harvard has some serious depth for the first time in years. And frankly, was Caldwell going to make a huge difference? He hasn't seen a lot of ice time with the varsity. And are we sure he was cut? Maybe he decided his chances of playing were next to nothing given the depth and talent and opted to play for the club team.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                          It looks that way. And I don't really understand the comment about cutting upperclassmen. The juniors are well represented on the roster. Harvard has some serious depth for the first time in years. And frankly, was Caldwell going to make a huge difference? He hasn't seen a lot of ice time with the varsity. And are we sure he was cut? Maybe he decided his chances of playing were next to nothing given the depth and talent and opted to play for the club team.
                          Agree with all of the above. My original post was that after seeing "upperclassmen" that more than 1 player was cut or whatever. Feel bad for Caldwell but it also happens.
                          Go Crimson!

Comment

That live stream is absolutely thrilling!
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Tomassoni also cut seniors, but Mazzoleni was the worst. When his first freshman class arrived he sat most of the seniors and juniors and played all of the frosh every game. Then in the next off season he cut some of the juniors. In future years he did the same to some of those first recruits who played every game for two years. No wonder kids are skeptical about going to Harvard.

Comment

Working...
                              X