• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2013-2014

Photo of the 1989 Team
    https://www.dropbo*****/s/3wr9roqbfo...29.45.jpg?dl=0

Back Row - Ted Donato & Kevin Sneddon
    Last edited by Dutchman; 11-30-2014, 08:42 AM.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
      He seemed spooked by that second goal too. He made another glove save not long after giving that one up and he immediately looked in the net thinking he didn't catch it. Great defensive work by your guys to frustrate lowell and keep them from getting shots on net.

Lowell's rink was an AHL rink. They played for years off campus and then purchased the Tsongas Center and forced the AHL team out when an opportunity presented itself.

Good luck the rest of the way. I was impressed with your team last night and am looking forward to watching the beanpot this year.
      Likewise. I did not see the BU game (thanks NESN), but Lowell was the best skating team that a Harvard has faced thus far. I expect you guys to finish in the top 3 in the conference for sure....and with a few good bounces, #1 is well within reach.

Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
        Harvard has 3 legit out of conference wins over BC, BU and UML. They still have the Beanpot to pad their out of conference resume but this looks like a legit team this year.
        We are legit. This team fears no one. I don't know how we match up against the West but so far, we own HE. And that's good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
          I thought it was a good game. Good up and down action and not a lot of whistles.

Harvard is a really hard team to play against. They roll 4 lines, all with skill and they come in waves. Lots of good work along the boards with slick passing. Harvard set itself with several Grade A opportunities wtIth behind the back passes along the wall.

What I liked about this game was Harvard won despite not a great game and significant points from the top line.

McNally real stirs the drink. Having a guy be able to get the puck out of the zone with such grace and consistency makes such a difference.

Michalek was good, although Lowell's 2nd goal was one he'd like to have back.

Hockey East rinks have such a different feel than ECAC barns. They feel almost like AHL or semi-pro by design.

Princeton and Quinny up next. Here we come!
          Agree on all counts although I thought that Lowell was better five on five in the first period. It took us a while to get our forecheck going but once we started applying pressure, there was a lot more back and forth. And our D got better as the game went along frustrating the UML forwards. You have to really like their first line. CJ Smith is a handful.

A big plus for us was winning a game on the road without a goal from our first line. That's huge going forward. Espo is starting to play like a top six forward and that can only help us as the season goes along. If we get Malone back at some point and Blackwell isn't sidelined by his concussion issues, watch out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
            Agree on all counts although I thought that Lowell was better five on five in the first period. It took us a while to get our forecheck going but once we started applying pressure, there was a lot more back and forth. And our D got better as the game went along frustrating the UML forwards. You have to really like their first line. CJ Smith is a handful.

A big plus for us was winning a game on the road without a goal from our first line. That's huge going forward. Espo is starting to play like a top six forward and that can only help us as the season goes along. If we get Malone back at some point and Blackwell isn't sidelined by his concussion issues, watch out.
            congrats on the win, pulling for you guys at the pot. Harvard is a talented team. Big win against my Riverhawks
            "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
            make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
              I don't know how we match up against the West .....
              I think the "Best of the West" just lost to Northeastern ...... of the last seven nationals champs .... six were Easterners .....
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                congrats on the win, pulling for you guys at the pot. Harvard is a talented team. Big win against my Riverhawks
                We're long overdue for a Beanpot title but I'll still take an ECAC tournament title and a chance to play in the Frozen Four any day of the week. Especially if it means we stay in the East and play in Manchester or Providence.

Comment

.....Hockey East rinks have such a different feel than ECAC barns. They feel almost like AHL or semi-pro by design.
                  I'm guessing that you haven't been up to Lawler Rink at Merrimack? Not exactly semi-pro or AHL. Nice to see the the progeny of one of Merrimack's best players ever doing so well!
                  Last edited by RENCEB; 12-01-2014, 05:46 PM.
                  Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Harvard picks up a D recruit in 6'3" Nick Azar out of Honeybaked. Anyone know much about him?

Comment

Harvard picks up a D recruit in 6'3" Nick Azar out of Honeybaked. Anyone know much about him?
                      Great! Let's pair him with Wiley Sherman. That would make for an imposing pair.

Comment

He was committed to Michigan to play...baseball. And that's all I've got. Oh, and he's a lefty shot supposedly.
                        Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                        Go Crimson!

Comment

Harvard skyrockets in my ranking: http://q30television.com/2014/12/01/...ey-poll-12114/
                          Quinnipiac University '15
                          ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                          ECAC Championship: 2016
                          NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                          NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                          Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                            A Top Ten ranking. Phenomenal. Now let's keep it going and move up a couple of notches!

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                              at a minimum 4 spots too low. definitely top 5 at this point
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                at a minimum 4 spots too low. definitely top 5 at this point
                                They're three in my ranking
                                Quinnipiac University '15
                                ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                                ECAC Championship: 2016
                                NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                                NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                                Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X