X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2013-2014

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    well you got BC's third string goalie tonight!
    The height of arrogance in Chestnut Hill. Sure, they don't need to play their first string goalie. I mean after all, it's just Harvard right? That's what their basketball team kept telling themselves six years ago. They still haven't beaten us.

I really didn't think we could pull this off but man, was it sweet to see the Eagles go down in their home rink.

Get ready Yale. Your days of being at the top of the Ivies are numbered.

Comment

Been a long time since I've had a sense of optimism and something to look forward to.

Great win. Harvard would have won that game regardless of who was in net for BC. For long stretches they were the faster, aggressive...and frankly, better team.

A part of me thinks this is the beginning of something, while a part of me is waiting for the clock to strike midnight....

3 points this weekend would do a lot to convince me of the former...
      Last edited by bothman; 11-11-2014, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
        The height of arrogance in Chestnut Hill. Sure, they don't need to play their first string goalie. I mean after all, it's just Harvard right? That's what their basketball team kept telling themselves six years ago. They still haven't beaten us.

I really didn't think we could pull this off but man, was it sweet to see the Eagles go down in their home rink.

Get ready Yale. Your days of being at the top of the Ivies are numbered.
        I mean their 1st string goalie had a high fever and the 2nd string just left the team this AM, so the height of arrogance would have been putting in the club hockey call up that backed up tonight.
        Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
        Go Crimson!

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
          .....while a part of me is waiting for the cock to strike midnight....
          So that's what kids are calling it now a days
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            So that's what kids are calling it now a days
            Oops. Fixed.

Comment

Best of the news tonight is Teddy saying post-game that they have high hopes that Colin Blackwell will see the ice this year.

He missed all of last year with post concussion symptoms....

Comment

Nice win!
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

skate79 are you serious? demko was out with a real high temp and the backup has taken leave of absence for personal reasons. had zero to do with arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                    The height of arrogance in Chestnut Hill. Sure, they don't need to play their first string goalie. I mean after all, it's just Harvard right?
                    I guess Harvard has dumb fans too. Weird.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
                      After watching Demko against BU, I'm not so sure.
                      having seen more than one game, i am.

congrats on the win...now please give ted an extension!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        having seen more than one game, i am.

congrats on the win...now please give ted an extension!
                        touché

Comment

Really wish we were playing Yale on Fri night and Brown on Sat night.

Brown has trap game written all over it coming off the win @ BC.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post

It seems like they have a very good system and good chemistry on every line right now. The team has been very consistent over the first 4 games. If they stay the course it will be a great weekend.

Comment

I think this would have been true last year, but word's gotten around that Brown has some very talented players. I think Harvard will lose to Brown and beat Yale, but I don't think it's because Harvard won't be paying attention.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

RBrown has trap game written all over it coming off the win @ BC.
                                Harvard is looking forward to the Brown game. They'll be ready... said a friend's daughter's friend from Boston who's cousin goes to UConn and has a friend at Yale who's boyfriend goes to Harvard.

BTW... good game last night Harvard. You guys took it to us. Harvard back in the national picture. Good job.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X