PDA

View Full Version : NMU @ Wisconsin: More Choreography Than an Episode of GLEE

Pages : [1] 2

RaceBoarder
10-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Oh hey there Hockey Season.... Welcome Back! :p

Might consider making the run up on Saturday night... We shall see...

What say you Wisconsin Fans?

Gurtholfin
10-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Oh hey there Hockey Season.... Welcome Back! :p

Might consider making the run up on Saturday night... We shall see...

What say you Wisconsin Fans?

In the Varsity Club (those seats behind the glass with waitstaff, my own roll up chair, a counter & BOOZE - row B) for the football game and then on to the hockey game. Should be a HUGE day!

:)

Gurtholfin
10-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Oh yeah, and Badgers sweep.

Duh.

RaceBoarder
10-07-2013, 04:14 PM
In the Varsity Club (those seats behind the glass with waitstaff, my own roll up chair, a counter & BOOZE - row B) for the football game and then on to the hockey game. Should be a HUGE day!

:)

Sadly, that football game just isn't as **** as it could have been with the results of the last two weeks :mad: I can offer up some Hawks SRO tickets in trade for the football seats :p

WiscDC
10-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Something cool about this weekend from a Badgers perspective - between football and hockey, there are 3 Wildcats @ Badgers matchups.

Innova
10-08-2013, 10:14 AM
I am more excited about this season than I have been in a long time. Please don't start out 1-7-2 this year!

ExileOnDaytonStreet
10-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Don't care about the football game.

More interested in seeing a Badger team that actually has hopes to be nationally relevant beat up on some Wildcats.

Badgers Sweep.

bucky15
10-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Don't care about the football game.

More interested in seeing a Badger team that actually has hopes to be nationally relevant beat up on some Wildcats.

Badgers Sweep.

One finally thing about football, NMU has one of the coolest football arenas I have ever been to. Went to Marquette a few weeks ago and walked around the wooden dome that they play football in.

Back to hockey, I think UW is more than capable of starting 2-0 this year. I am hoping Barnes breaks out into a big time scorer this year.

Gurtholfin
10-08-2013, 10:59 AM
One finally thing about football, NMU has one of the coolest football arenas I have ever been to. Went to Marquette a few weeks ago and walked around the wooden dome that they play football in.

Yep. I've been there too and would love to see a football game in there in November when the wind is howling and the snow is blowing sideways off the lake.

Marquette is a pretty cool little city.

aygwm2
10-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Yep. I've been there too and would love to see a football game in there in November when the wind is howling and the snow is blowing sideways off the lake.

Marquette is a pretty cool little city.

Just an aside here. It was the 1981 DII Quarterfinal playoffs. This is many years before a dome on campus. NMU had home field and drew a team from Elizabeth City State Univ. in North Carolina. I think this was November--it might have been the beginning of December--can't remember. It was frigid, temp in the single digits, with occasional flurries, and the wind off the big lake. Elizabeth City didn't stand a chance in those weather conditions. The 'Cats won 55 - 6. However, in the next game NMU had to travel to Texas to play Southwest Texas in the semis, where they were smoked 62 - 0.

goldy_331
10-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Typical BADger thread, more football talk than hockey talk. :p

Gurtholfin
10-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Typical BADger thread, Gopher fans can't resist chiming in.

fyp

:p:D

goldy_331
10-08-2013, 12:37 PM
fyp

:p:D

Someone needs to come in here and enlighten you all. :D

WiscDC
10-08-2013, 01:43 PM

It's okay, I often slip hockey into my comments on the college football subreddit!

RaceBoarder
10-08-2013, 01:59 PM

I'd start a conversation on new Ski/Snowboard gear for the 2014 season, but I don't need people thinking that I'm more weird than I already am :p

davyd83
10-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Just an aside here. It was the 1981 DII Quarterfinal playoffs. This is many years before a dome on campus. NMU had home field and drew a team from Elizabeth City State Univ. in North Carolina. I think this was November--it might have been the beginning of December--can't remember. It was frigid, temp in the single digits, with occasional flurries, and the wind off the big lake. Elizabeth City didn't stand a chance in those weather conditions. The 'Cats won 55 - 6. However, in the next game NMU had to travel to Texas to play Southwest Texas in the semis, where they were smoked 62 - 0.

The fact that NMU lost their starting QB in the week between the games may have had some effect on the outcome.

SatNightFever
10-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Wishing there was some TV coverage for this series.....sigh

WiscDC
10-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Wishing there was some TV coverage for this series.....sigh

Yup. I remember two years ago, the NMU@UW series was televised.

aygwm2
10-08-2013, 07:11 PM
The fact that NMU lost their starting QB in the week between the games may have had some effect on the outcome.

I don't remember that. But it would have been Tom Bertoldi - NMU career passing record holder. I remember him and the great back George Works - career points & TDs holder.

Tom Bertoldi, 443 yards passing vs Elizabeth City, 1981
Mario Ferretti, 4 field goals vs Elizabeth City, 1981

NMUFAN
10-08-2013, 07:52 PM
I don't remember that. But it would have been Tom Bertoldi - NMU career passing record holder. I remember him and the great back George Works - career points & TDs holder.

If I remember correctly, he got appendicitis in the days leading up to that game. Without their offensive superstar they had little chance. Things just snowballed from the beginning in that game.

Anyway, I see an easy sweep for the Badgers this weekend. Besides the fact UW is considered one of the best teams in hockey this year don't underestimate the revenge factor. The guys in red and white haven't forgotten last years sweep.

I just hope the Cats can keep one of the games respectable.