Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
    Year 10 will be the different!
    What? The Truth Twins are going away?
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
      Winning Fall: Few Posts.

Losing January: Many Posts.

That's a sad state of affairs, and it has nothing to do with coaches, coach's pay, or third string keepers.
      I don't think that is necessarily fair, speaking for myself I posted just as frequently in the fall as I do now, but even if the posts in the fall were of a lower frequency overall I don't think that is a just indictment of our posting fan base. We all know the Lakers pattern in the Roque era of having a promising first half only to fall apart during the season's second half. The Lakers came out of the gate fast, faster than they have in any previous Roque season, and that was exciting but I think the lack of posts were due to many Laker fans being afraid to "buy in" due to the previously mentioned pattern of Laker teams. If anything the Lakers subsequent performance has exacerbated our fans worst fears and if anything, vindicates their cautiousness towards displaying enthusiasm, because they figured the rug would be pulled out from under them, and low and behold it has been yet again.

I'm at my wits end with this program, there is still a handful of games left and the opportunity is certainly there to finish strong and make a run during the playoffs, but it certainly does not appear to be trending that way. I'm with Bill in suspecting that there is a disconnect between the players and Roque, perhaps they are also not buying in. The talent of players has gotten so much better as the Roque era has progressed, as evidenced by the numerous players getting opportunities at pro hockey in their post-LSSU days but despite having better ingredients, Chef Roque is still churning out a sub-standard dish.

The quotes from Roque this season have been absurd, as others have noted; constantly leaning on the excuse that some of his better players are playing elsewhere, saying that he doesn't really have a system, that he just tells the players to go out there and do their thing, I mean seriously what is that?? JR has been a D1 coach for a decade and he's making quotes that would cause head shaking even if it were coming from the most ill-prepared, rookie coach. There are certain things in each profession that you just don't say. As a coach at the highest level of college hockey for a decade how have you not figured out to at least talk the talk and not make excuses and hide the fact that you don't even do what your job title is, which is coach?? If the players really aren't buying into JR, I don't blame them, the way JR runs LSSU's program is probably a sloppy step down from many of their previous junior programs.

Comment

I heard there is another massive storm heading your way. What is your weather predicted to be? I'm worried about my team being stuck in the Lower 48 again!
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          I heard there is another massive storm heading your way. What is your weather predicted to be? I'm worried about my team being stuck in the Lower 48 again!
          The lower Great Lakes are getting hit with some snow last night and this morning, but it's pretty tranquil up towards the Soo. I haven't heard official totals, but Chicago and Detroit were supposed to get several inches of snow; nothing too big. Heaviest snow was supposed to be down through Indiana and Northern Ohio. I haven't hearad about any potential storms for the weekend.

Comment

This winter sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
              I'm with Bill in suspecting that there is a disconnect between the players and Roque, perhaps they are also not buying in. As a coach at the highest level of college hockey for a decade how have you not figured out to at least talk the talk and not make excuses and hide the fact that you don't even do what your job title is, which is coach?? If the players really aren't buying into JR, I don't blame them, the way JR runs LSSU's program is probably a sloppy step down from many of their previous junior programs.
              JR is not doing his job. Time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony
                5 million and 10 year commitment and all you get is one place ahead of UAH.
                Next year will be better!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
                  Next year will be better!!
                  I don't think he will have a next year.

Say it ain't so Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    The lower Great Lakes are getting hit with some snow last night and this morning, but it's pretty tranquil up towards the Soo. I haven't heard official totals, but Chicago and Detroit were supposed to get several inches of snow; nothing too big. Heaviest snow was supposed to be down through Indiana and Northern Ohio. I haven't hearad about any potential storms for the weekend.
                    Oh good! When UAA went to Alabama the team got stuck down there for an additional week due to flight cancellations and such.
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

A little blurb from the BCHL on our latest recruit:

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/newslette...393&page=77348

Comment

All the recruits always sound good when they come to Lake State . Either they are playing in weak leagues or scoring most their goals against the weaker teams in the leagues they play in or the Roque coaching style just takes the air out of them.

Comment

The BCHL has generally been considered to be the top Junior A league in Canada in recent years. Now that we're starting to pick up some guys from there, it will be interesting to see how they pan out. A lot of good young players from the States and Ontario even go out there to play.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
                            There are certain things in each profession that you just don't say. As a coach at the highest level of college hockey for a decade how have you not figured out to at least talk the talk and not make excuses and hide the fact that you don't even do what your job title is, which is coach?? If the players really aren't buying into JR, I don't blame them, the way JR runs LSSU's program is probably a sloppy step down from many of their previous junior programs.
                            There are certain things in life you just can't do !
                            If the players really are scared by JR, don't blame them

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              The BCHL has generally been considered to be the top Junior A league in Canada in recent years. Now that we're starting to pick up some guys from there, it will be interesting to see how they pan out. A lot of good young players from the States and Ontario even go out there to play.
                              I think I remember on a coaches show, it was brought up that more of the players they would normally recruit from Ontario are going to the BCHL because it is not pay to play like other junior leagues. So they could still be recruiting the same type of player in the BCHL. I could be mistaking though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anchors Aweigh View Post
                                If the players really are scared by JR, don't blame them
                                I don't blame them.

Comment

Working...
                                X