Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

If BG misses playoff home ice by 1 or 2 points this game will be the one they remember.

In TOTAL control for the first 30 minutes, leading 2-0...and then simply stopped playing.

That 3rd period was as ugly as any I've ever watched, and I've seen some bad hockey.

Does anybody know what the record is for most "too many men on the ice" penalties? I think this was our 9th or 10th this season.
    Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Great win! The Lakers are still undefeated on the road in WCHA play on Friday nights. A win tomorrow and with a couple losses by Bemidji and UAA and the Lakers are right back in the race for home ice in the first round. A loss tomorrow with wins by Tech and Alaska and the Lakers are in 9th place. Very crazy bunched up standings right now.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Sweeping all four from Bowling Green this season will make a nice payback for last seasons playoff disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
          If BG misses playoff home ice by 1 or 2 points this game will be the one they remember.

In TOTAL control for the first 30 minutes, leading 2-0...and then simply stopped playing.

That 3rd period was as ugly as any I've ever watched, and I've seen some bad hockey.

Does anybody know what the record is for most "too many men on the ice" penalties? I think this was our 9th or 10th this season.
          The Lakers have had a good 7-8 too many men on the ice penalties go against them this season as well. That was the first one I can remember going against the opposing team this year.

Comment

sorry for the exaggeration; last night was just BG's 8th too-many-men penalties.

Comment

Good news for you Freddie. Our Lakers are absolutely HORRIBLE on Saturday nights. We are 1-9 in the last 10 games on Saturdays. BGSU should win tonight but I sure hope that's not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                sorry for the exaggeration; last night was just BG's 8th too-many-men penalties.
                We have six too many on the ice penalties so far this season. Too many that's for sure.

Comment

Murdock made an outstanding save in the first period and really kept them in the game. The third goal came on a power play where one of the guys was called for tripping. It would be nice if they called tripping when BG does it. The second period while the Lakers had a couple of great opportunities the couldn't capitalize on them there for they are down 5-1. Give the Falcons credit they are out hustling the Lakers which is pretty tough to watch.
                  Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                    Murdock made an outstanding save in the first period and really kept them in the game. The third goal came on a power play where one of the guys was called for tripping. It would be nice if they called tripping when BG does it. The second period while the Lakers had a couple of great opportunities the couldn't capitalize on them there for they are down 5-1. Give the Falcons credit they are out hustling the Lakers which is pretty tough to watch.
                    Nothing too surprising. The Lakers just have an awful time putting two good games together on a weekend. Next weekend we're off so we're not going to be gaining any points in the WCHA standings.

Comment

When BG decides to play all three periods, we're tough to handle.

The Lakers don't quit, got to give them credit for that. And Murdock played pretty well for a guy who gave up 6...could have been 9 or 10

Comment

I agree with Freddie. LSSU deserved the win last night. You out hustled us in the second and third.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                          I'm not so sure both refs were sober, if either one was. Just plain horrible. Both coaches probably have reason to be frustrated with them.

Comment

Murdock has a better than 3.7 goals against and a 896 saved average. I am not sure saying Murdock is a good goalie applies. Ciotti is a junior and has scored one goal this year,bench him. The Lakers best hope for being in the play-offs still rest in the hope that the teams they are battling with for a play-off spot have a worse final month than the Lakers.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                              Murdock has a better than 3.7 goals against and a 896 saved average. I am not sure saying Murdock is a good goalie applies. Ciotti is a junior and has scored one goal this year,bench him. The Lakers best hope for being in the play-offs still rest in the hope that the teams they are battling with for a play-off spot have a worse final month than the Lakers.
                              Both Michigan Tech and UAF have upcoming home series against UAH (Tech following a road series at BG), which figure to be 4 point sweeps for them. It's really important for the Lakers to sweep UAA the weekend after next, which is when they see their next action.
                              Last edited by Bill; 01-26-2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                                Murdock, prior to this season, is averaging .935 save percentage and 2.15 gaa at LSSU. I'd say that is pretty darn good. Unfortunately, I have no explanation as to what happened to him so far this year. It has been a completely different story.

Comment

Working...
                                X