Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    I'm hoping that he at least has an enthusiasm for hockey and is willing to put an emphasis on it. Hockey is pretty popular in Wisconsin so hopefully that has rubbed off on him despite UW-Baraboo not having a hockey team.
    Baraboo is only about 40 minutes from Madison, so maybe he has attended a few Badger games. Hopefully he missed the 8-1 loss back in November.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      C'mon, UAH beat them at their rink.

GFM
      Although, UAH's previous win before that was in our rink.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
        Although, UAH's previous win before that was in our rink.
        I wasn't going to bring that up. I will bring up my hope that our next home win will be against you next month.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          I wasn't going to bring that up. I will bring up my hope that our next home win will be against you next month.

GFM
          Given that the Lakers have gone into their annual second half slide, and they have injuries to deal with, it wouldn't surprise me if you got your wish.
          Last edited by Bill; 01-23-2014, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Congratulations to Jim Roque's daughter, Abby, who was selected to the U.S. Women’s National Under-18 team.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
              Congratulations to Jim Roque's daughter, Abby, who was selected to the U.S. Women’s National Under-18 team.
              Great news. I'm sure Jim is really proud and happy. Hopefully we can give Jim Roque congratulations for a top 5 finish and/or a trip to the WCHA Five in March but I'm not getting my hopes up.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I stopped by this thread to see what you folks are thinking about this weekend's series down here in BG.
                All I see is a bunch of whiners feeding off one and other.
                Last edited by Freddie; 01-23-2014, 09:01 PM.
                Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                  I stopped by this thread to see what you folks are thinking about this weekend's series down here in BG.
                  All I see is a bunch of whiners feeding off one and other.
                  I'm thinking we are going to see a couple of hard-fought games with medium scoring (3-2,4-3). Goaltending for both teams will probably be pretty solid and it will come down to special teams play. A split would be good for both teams, but could easily go either way.

Comment

BG has an axe to grind after being swept by you in the first half. It will be hard fought, yes, but I see two teams heading in two different directions. With Carpenter back I foresee a BG sweep and sweet revenge! At least I hope so...

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                      BG has an axe to grind after being swept by you in the first half. It will be hard fought, yes, but I see two teams heading in two different directions. With Carpenter back I foresee a BG sweep and sweet revenge! At least I hope so...
                      We had two of the best goalies in the league, now we are down to one. I have a feeling Murdock will steal one for us this weekend. Like I said, it could go either way, but the way BG has been playing, I have no doubt they are thinking sweep.

Comment

Well, well, there is still a little life in the Lakers. Great job by the guys tonight. A much needed victory. Let's see if they can do it again tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          Well, well, there is still a little life in the Lakers. Great job by the guys tonight. A much needed victory. Let's see if they can do it again tomorrow.
                          Lakers really skated hard tonight, especially toward the end. Refs made some poor calls but they fought off BG with a good PK effort. Hoping for same effort tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
                            Lakers really skated hard tonight, especially toward the end. Refs made some poor calls but they fought off BG with a good PK effort. Hoping for same effort tomorrow night.
                            Shots were 17-2 in favor of the Lakers in the third.

Comment

Good win tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                                Shots were 17-2 in favor of the Lakers in the third.
                                That was nice for a change, wasn't it. We're usually on the short end of that kind of stat.

Comment

Working...
                                X