Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Being out shot doesn't bother me within reason. It sounds like they played a decent 3rd period Saturday; being out shot 36 to 10 through 2 periods does concern me. Even assuming the Tech game plan was to throw everything at the net, that kind of shot differential indicates to me that they weren't ready to meet Tech's better effort on Saturday and were probably being badly outplayed. This is a longstanding problem for the Lakers and is why they have a tough time sweeping teams, home or away. If you win the 1st night, you can usually expect your opponent to come out with more energy and a batter effort on night 2. So if you want to sweep, you have to increase your effort the 2nd night also. The Lakers have had a tough time doing that for a lot of years now. Sure they still get the occasional sweep, but they seem to have a lot of trouble putting 2 good nights together on a weekend.
    In my opinion, the problem Saturday night stemmed from a lack of "fundamentals" execution. Lots of crisp passes mishandled by the forwards. Inability to handle the MTU forecheck. Losing way too many draws again. You are 100% correct that MTU was going to come out with extra energy Saturday. I thought we did ok matching the intensity as far as skating hard and playing solid defense, but just too many easy mistakes killed our chances time after time.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
      For anyone that may be making the trip to Bemidji, I posted this over in the BSU Thread for Anchor.
      -------------------
      I agree, Dave's Pizza is a must. Get there early as they tend to fill up fast and the pizzas can take some time. But they are worth it. I am not sure what time they open on Fridays, but it is 5:00 on Saturdays, which is about when you need to be there to get a table and get to a 7:00 game at the Sanford Center. Friday's games are at 7:30, but I would still be there at 5:00.

If you are looking for burgers, the Corner Bar is number one in my book, followed by Slims. Corner is in the Nymore part of Bemidji, just a few blocks from the Sanford Center. Slims in on the north end of town. Also, Bar 209 is supposed to make some good burgers, but I have not had a chance to try them yet as it has always been packed when we have gone to eat and have a few drinks.

Tickets shouldn't be an issue. Just stay away from Row 8 in the arena. It is the row that people like to use as the walkway between sections/get around the arena without having to use the concourse. Most of the Beaver Season Ticket holders sit in the upper half of the arena, rows 9-16. The lower half is okay, but does have some bad sight lines in spots.

Not sure how many are in your party, but they have been offering a Beaver Hockey Family Four Pack. Four tickets and four hot dogs or popcorns for $50, no Ticketbastard Fees. They are only for the pink sections on the seating chart, but well worth it. This would be the end of the arena that the Lakers would shoot at twice. Call Tony at the Sanford Center: 218-441-4018.

http://www.bsubeavers.com/tickets/singlegametickets/

Enjoy the trip!
      Thanks.
      Go Lakers!

Comment

I wonder how Tyler Marble is feeling about his decision to go to CO. instead of playing in nets for the Lakers next season. So far he has seen no playing time and anyone and everyone is beating Co. at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
          I wonder how Tyler Marble is feeling about his decision to go to CO. instead of playing in nets for the Lakers next season. So far he has seen no playing time and anyone and everyone is beating Co. at this point.
          Tyler Marble underwent season-ending shoulder surgery about 10 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
            And how much would he have been playing in the Soo had he not gotten hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
              And how much would he have been playing in the Soo had he not gotten hurt?
              Zero. He would be sitting in the stands with Ravn.

Alex Globke is on the USCHO main page right now.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Had Marble come to LSSU, I think they would have red shirted him this season.

Comment

I can picture the postings here in April 2014 -- while viewing the LSSU NCAA Hockey National Championship photo of the players celebrating on the ice, somebody will notice that Ravn is not in the picture and use that as further proof that LSSU hockey in general, and LSSU coaches in particular, are bad things that chase away good players and ruin hockey dreams. Funny stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                    I can picture the postings here in April 2014 -- while viewing the LSSU NCAA Hockey National Championship photo of the players celebrating on the ice, somebody will notice that Ravn is not in the picture and use that as further proof that LSSU hockey in general, and LSSU coaches in particular, are bad things that chase away good players and ruin hockey dreams. Funny stuff.

I"ll have what your drinking.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                      Can I get what you are taking at the store or is it bought on a street corner ?

Comment

Has anyone had any success listening to the Internet stream of a Lakers game (or Lakers Hockey Show) on their Smartphone or IPAD? Normally I listen in using my Windows based laptop, but we recently got an IPAD also and I haven't been able to get the stream to work on that. I think the QR Code at the YesFM web site is at fault and I sent them an e-mail. They replied that they would try to make sure the QR Code is correct, but the last time I tried it, still no luck. Anyway, I was just curious if anyone else has encountered this problem.

Comment

BSU Head Coach Tom Serratore's presser leading up to this weekend's series:

http://www.bsubeavers.com/mhockey/ne...uperior-state/
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Has anyone had any success listening to the Internet stream of a Lakers game (or Lakers Hockey Show) on their Smartphone or IPAD? Normally I listen in using my Windows based laptop, but we recently got an IPAD also and I haven't been able to get the stream to work on that. I think the QR Code at the YesFM web site is at fault and I sent them an e-mail. They replied that they would try to make sure the QR Code is correct, but the last time I tried it, still no luck. Anyway, I was just curious if anyone else has encountered this problem.
                            Sorry, can't help there. I have only ever tried to listen from my laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                              I"ll have what your drinking.

Molson.

Lots of ice cold Molson.

But I am only 80% kidding. Good goaltending and timely scoring can take a team a long ways.

Comment

Bill-Download the TuneIn Radio app for iphone/ipad. It allows you to listen to both 1400 ESPN for radio shows and 99.5 for games. It's free!

Comment

Working...
                                X