Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
    Great job Lakers 5-1-1

It was nice to see the team keep working hard to pull out a win after being down. A good effort from Alaska but the Lakers didn't panic. Two or three years ago the Lakers may not have pulled a game like this out.
    I agree. The Lakers are 3-1 when the other team scores first.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Lakers continue a fantastic start to the season, Globke continues what is turning into the best freshman Laker campaign in recent memory...love to see it! Go Lakers!!

Comment

I know it has been discussed on who will be the radio announcer when Crawford retires. Listening to Tim Ellis while watching the game on the American One network is awful.

Don't understand why they can't have Crawford's radio feed to supplement the video. I watched part of the Tech and Ferris game and they use the radio play by play with the American One broadcast.

Comment

Disappointing loss, especially after tying it late. Two tough road series coming up and they'll have to play really well in order to come home at least .500 in the WCHA. Protecting home ice is important and they weren't able to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            Disappointing loss, especially after tying it late. Two tough road series coming up and they'll have to play really well in order to come home at least .500 in the WCHA. Protecting home ice is important and they weren't able to do that.
            2 tough series at home as well to follow the two tough series on the road. I am hoping they can go 5-3 over the next 8 games.

Tough bounce on the OT goal tonight.

Guess it kind of makes up for the lucky bounce the Lakers got to win the OT game at Union. Funny how things even themselves out.

Comment

Let's look on the bright side. The Lakers came back and tied the game only to lose on a unlucky bounce in overtime. Globke continues his hot start and might end up having WCHA Rookie of the Week again. Lakers have the 2nd best overall record in the WCHA and will probably still be ranked in the top 20 in the polls Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                I know it has been discussed on who will be the radio announcer when Crawford retires. Listening to Tim Ellis while watching the game on the American One network is awful.

Don't understand why they can't have Crawford's radio feed to supplement the video. I watched part of the Tech and Ferris game and they use the radio play by play with the American One broadcast.
                Laker Dude. I can tell you have NEVER done a radio broadcast or TV Broadcast in your life. It is a completely different animal I will not hide behind any psydonym I will tell you that having done Laker Hockey in the past the last thing you want is to have to worry about the TV Feed. Try doing a broadcast before you critize.

Comment

Two conference games in Houghton.

The Techies did a fair job dealing with the Axis of Evil ..... Losing two against the University of California in Ann Arbor, before redeeming themselves with a nice sweep of Middling State University.

It'll be an interesting weekend for Tech. They just finished a very emotional series. The snow is on the ground. This is the point of the semester when those Huskie Women of Tech start to look SAWEEEEET. And the Techsters have to spend the next -- what? -- Month on the Klondike battling UAF and UAA.

My point?

There is no way they are ready for the Lakers this weekend.

LSSU sweep, 4-1, 6-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                    Two conference games in Houghton.

The Techies did a fair job dealing with the Axis of Evil ..... Losing two against the University of California in Ann Arbor, before redeeming themselves with a nice sweep of Middling State University.

It'll be an interesting weekend for Tech. They just finished a very emotional series. The snow is on the ground. This is the point of the semester when those Huskie Women of Tech start to look SAWEEEEET. And the Techsters have to spend the next -- what? -- Month on the Klondike battling UAF and UAA.

My point?

There is no way they are ready for the Lakers this weekend.

LSSU sweep, 4-1, 6-0.
                    Haha, I'll admit I laughed. Looking forward to seeing the stepchild on campus for league games for the first time.
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Lakers ranked #15 in newest USCHO poll.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulVanWagoner View Post
                        Laker Dude. I can tell you have NEVER done a radio broadcast or TV Broadcast in your life. It is a completely different animal I will not hide behind any psydonym I will tell you that having done Laker Hockey in the past the last thing you want is to have to worry about the TV Feed. Try doing a broadcast before you critize.
                        They had Bill on the American One feed the last 5-8 years, without any issues. Why change it this year. Many of the other schools use the radio feed with the American One broadcast. No reason to be paying 2 sets of broadcasters at LSSU.

You could not even hear the color announcer during the 2nd Alaska game on the American One network. That has never been an issue the last 5 years with the radio feed supplementing the American One video broadcast.

If your paying over 100 a year to watch the broadcasts you should get quality announcers.

Took the video announcing crew over 10 minutes after the Globke goal on Friday night to realize that number 18 on our own team was Globke and not Schmitt.

If you read through past threads, many fans complained about the broadcasts you did a few years ago, so I am not the only one to complain about broadcasters.
                        Last edited by Laker Dude; 11-11-2013, 05:19 PM.

Comment

They had Bill on the American One feed the last 5-8 years, without any issues. Why change it this year. Many of the other schools use the radio feed with the American One broadcast. No reason to be paying 2 sets of broadcasters at LSSU.
                          If you prefer Bill, why don't you mute the American One volume and listen to the YesFM radio feed?

Comment

You could not even hear the color announcer during the 2nd Alaska game on the American One network. That has never been an issue the last 5 years with the radio feed supplementing the American One video broadcast.

If your paying over 100 a year to watch the broadcasts you should get quality announcers.

Took the video announcing crew over 10 minutes after the Globke goal on Friday night to realize that number 18 on our own team was Globke and not Schmitt.

If you read through past threads, many fans complained about the broadcasts you did a few years ago, so I am not the only one to complain about broadcasters.
                            1) this is a new mandate by the WCHA so if they can wrap up their deal with Fox Sports they can have WCHA hockey broadcast live so you HAVE to have a different broadcasting team.

2) Crawford is NOT paid by LSSU he is paid by Sov Comm.

3) they are learning on the fly this is brand new to LSSU there is going to be bugs.

4) you have options Pay the money or don't ... You can always "Get some Wifi and listen to the radio feed"

5) I could give a Rats ***** what anyone that has NEVER done a broadcast in their life thinks about me.

Try doing it before you talk about it. You have no clue what you are talking about. That is the Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulVanWagoner View Post
                              1) this is a new mandate by the WCHA so if they can wrap up their deal with Fox Sports they can have WCHA hockey broadcast live so you HAVE to have a different broadcasting team.

2) Crawford is NOT paid by LSSU he is paid by Sov Comm.

3) they are learning on the fly this is brand new to LSSU there is going to be bugs.

4) you have options Pay the money or don't ... You can always "Get some Wifi and listen to the radio feed"

5) I could give a Rats ***** what anyone that has NEVER done a broadcast in their life thinks about me.

Try doing it before you talk about it. You have no clue what you are talking about. That is the Truth.

Well that's seems a little over-the-top for a response about Pay Per View play-by-play quality . . . . and I am regularly over-the-top on many subjects. Lighten up, Francis.

Now -- back to Tech.

I can try, and I can try . . . but I can' hate Tech. I just can't. Maybe its the reality that LSSU is Tech's literal little brother? Maybe fans an alumni of both schools have to equally suffer the indignity of listening to anyone from NMU speak? Maybe its the Brotherhood of Hockey Fans Whose Programs Used to Be Great? Maybe its the average Tech fans' shared hatred of UM and MSU (LSSU dealing with those jackholes in the old CCHA, Tech dealing with those jackholes every Christmas at the GLI)?

I don't know.

Maybe we just haven't shared a conference game . . . . um . . . . ever? Correct me here --- has LSSU and Tech EVER played a conference game against each other?

Do I want Tech to lose two games this weekend? Oh yes, most certainly. But its not like wanting to beat the Western Marquette Community College -- which needs to be beaten often.

I don't know.

All I can tell you is that I want two wins in Houghton by the Lakers. Tech can then proceed to whip up the Alaska schools on their Chillkoot Trail Tour of Alaska the following two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                                Well that's seems a little over-the-top for a response about Pay Per View play-by-play quality . . . . and I am regularly over-the-top on many subjects. Lighten up, Francis.

Now -- back to Tech.

I can try, and I can try . . . but I can' hate Tech. I just can't. Maybe its the reality that LSSU is Tech's literal little brother? Maybe fans an alumni of both schools have to equally suffer the indignity of listening to anyone from NMU speak? Maybe its the Brotherhood of Hockey Fans Whose Programs Used to Be Great? Maybe its the average Tech fans' shared hatred of UM and MSU (LSSU dealing with those jackholes in the old CCHA, Tech dealing with those jackholes every Christmas at the GLI)?

I don't know.

Maybe we just haven't shared a conference game . . . . um . . . . ever? Correct me here --- has LSSU and Tech EVER played a conference game against each other?

Do I want Tech to lose two games this weekend? Oh yes, most certainly. But its not like wanting to beat the Western Marquette Community College -- which needs to be beaten often.

I don't know.

All I can tell you is that I want two wins in Houghton by the Lakers. Tech can then proceed to whip up the Alaska schools on their Chillkoot Trail Tour of Alaska the following two weeks.
                                hahaha, the feeling is mutual from this Tech fan. Pure hatred of the Northern Community Teachers College is certainly a shared bond. I was at the games in St. Paul in '94 with an anchor on my cheek by a Laker cheerleader as a nine year old on an awesome trip with my Dad. (My mom was supposed to go with but got sick). And you just can't hate a little brother, even though you want to beat up on him, but that's only for you to do. The rest of the time you want to see them do well.
                                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                                X