Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

The Lakers played hard Friday, Wisconsin really amped up the pressure and KK stood strong and the defense did a good job keeping shots outside the slot, within reason.

Saturday, the Badgers -- who had really underperformed all season thus far, really go after it.

4-1-1 is a darn decent record considering that it includes 4 road games, at Union and at Madison. They are getting some well-rounded scoring. The goaltending (except for Saturday in Wisconsin) is holding up well.

Saturday night is what coaches all call a "teaching moment." Lose concentration, lose focus, and you will get buried. Lets all hope and pray that this is the exception, not the norm. Murdock was beaten badly and the defense provided no help.

Back home this weekend against Alaska. First ever WCHA games for the Lakers.

The Nanooks have not been on the road yet this season.

IN their large season-opening home-stand, they have battled some tough teams -- Quinnipiac, Western Michigan, and Denver. They also struggled against less-than-impressive Mercyhurst and NMU. Sort of a one-line team with spotty goalkeeping.

So I am hoping for a good showing this coming weekend.

Comment

Lakers ranked #14 in USCHO rankings released today.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoeRN...utu.be&t=1m57s

Jim Roque's postgame presser where he says they did shake hands.

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski

Tood Milewski, reporter says both coaches and 3rd source say they shook hands.

Now, since you know that, let's talk less about Jim Roque and more about the LAKERS!
        It would be interesting to know what Roque apparently said to Eaves to cause that startled look on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          It would be interesting to know what Roque apparently said to Eaves to cause that startled look on his face.
          A VERY good source told me Jim said, "I hate cheese...HATE IT!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            According to the coaches show Jim shook his hand and said good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
              A VERY good source told me Jim said, "I hate cheese...HATE IT!!"
              That is the fourth time he told a coach he hates cheese. I saw it on video against WMU, NMU and MSU. Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                That is the fourth time he told a coach he hates cheese. I saw it on video against WMU, NMU and MSU. Unbelievable.
                Regardless of if Roque did end up shaking Eaves hand at some point or not, clearly something was said or communicated from Roque to Eaves that was unsavory, Eaves reaction says it all....Admittedly, I don't know much about Eaves but I don't see any reason why he would react the way he did if that was not the case, Roque could use some help in the etiquette department because this is not the first time this has happened.

Comment

Roque told Eaves you only won because my first line is playing in the AHL .

Comment

Big series this coming weekend. Lakers first WCHA games and they need to sweep Alaska to get off on the right foot in the conference, especially with two road trips following (Tech and Bemidji).

Comment

Hahahahaha -- feeling bad for Wisconsin? Hahahahha! Screw Wisconsin. I can't believe anyone would worry about UW Hockey. Seriously? We are worrying about a facial expression from a stinkin' Big Ten coach? Not in my world. The school that brought us the most classless oaf to ever haunt behind the bench -- Jeff Sauer? No, not going to take that bait. I would rather have a coach who is hot-angry at a 8-1 whipping than a coach who doesn't care. You can bag on Roque for whatever you want, but if you're looking to bag on him because he didn't show respect to UW? Look for stupid someplace else. UW, and all the scum-schools like UW, can rot.

Hahaha -- did you see the look of stunned contempt on Eaves' face? He probably said: "Boy, I thought I was bad having 2,000 empty seats per night. How do you keep your job with 9,000 empty seats?"

I'd rather be a dirty, messy, unpleasant 4-1-1 than a happy, everyone-loves-us 1-4-1.
                      Last edited by Lakerblue; 11-05-2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Looks like Alaska is going to be one of the better WCHA teams. They also got some votes in the polls. A tough test for the Lakers coming up for sure.

Comment

I asked the question about Roque, so thanks to those that answered.

If Lakerblue is Jim Roque's USCHO user account, I think I get what Eaves expression was all about.

btw- For those interested former Colorado College (9 years) and Badger (20 years, 2 NC's) coach Jeff Sauer, recipient of the NHL's Lester Patrick Trophy has a forty-plus year association with hearing impaired hockey and has served as coach of the US Deaflympics team. In 2011 he came out of retirement to take over the reins of the US Sled Hockey team, leading them to a silver in the 2013 World Championships in Goyang, South Korea. He continues to coach and promote the US National team. I didn't always agree with Jeff toward the end of his time at UW, but "classless oaf" is pretty far from the way I'd describe the guy.

As I said before, best of luck the rest of the way.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Nice win! Nice to see the goaltending back on track. I think no one thought the Lakers would be 5-1-1 after the first WCHA league game. Keep it up boys!

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                              Nice win! Nice to see the goaltending back on track. I think no one thought the Lakers would be 5-1-1 after the first WCHA league game. Keep it up boys!
                              5-1-1.

LOve it!

Comment

Great job Lakers 5-1-1

It was nice to see the team keep working hard to pull out a win after being down. A good effort from Alaska but the Lakers didn't panic. Two or three years ago the Lakers may not have pulled a game like this out.
                                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                                X