Clear All

• Re: Vermont 2013-2014 Season Thread : The Golden Year

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    No I'm glad UVM beat Lowell.
    River Hawks Defeat Vermont 87-71

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      Happens... that's why we enjoy the wins when they come.

Also you are a little late with that one. ScottK posted it about 7 posts ago. Hey, better late then never I suppose
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        Johnny made an impact at BC as a frosh (2011-2012)... 44 games played, 21 goals, 23 assists, 44 pts... second leading scorer on a team that won the national title.

Wilson (2011-2012)... 37 gp, 16 g, 22 a, 38 pts... also 2nd leading scorer on his team. UML won only 5 games the year before and went to the NCAA's his frosh year. One could argue that UML may have made the FF or even won the whole kaboodle if they had Johnny.

Sorry in advance for starting a flame fest in your thread.
        Oh I remember that season and I remember this goal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZRM6oi6cao

Kid is nasty and my point stands. Pretty sure he has family in VT. Too bad we couldn't get him to play at UVM!
        Last edited by BTV802; 02-14-2014, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTV802 View Post

Kid is nasty and my point stands. Pretty sure he has family in VT. Too bad we couldn't get him to play at UVM!

Such a move! Love that clip. How does he avoid getting nailed? He's got to be targeted every game and I've never heard about him getting hurt or seen him squarely hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTV802 View Post

Yeah, there's a connection with Vermont. Don't know about family, but I think his dad played college hockey at Norwich. He came and had a look at UVM (after decommitting from Northeastern, was it?), but ultimately chose BC. Given the state of our program at the time, pretty easy choice.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
              Yeah, there's a connection with Vermont. Don't know about family, but I think his dad played college hockey at Norwich. He came and had a look at UVM (after decommitting from Northeastern, was it?), but ultimately chose BC. Given the state of our program at the time, pretty easy choice.
              A large part of his family is from the NEK.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                Get back to us after they go to the NCAA's half a dozen times and have half a dozen league titles.
                New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

is santaguida your guy or hoffman tomorrow?

Comment

Well that was pretty much what I expected, maybe 1 goal more on each side than I thought but a 1-goal game is pretty much to be expected I think at this point in the Gut.

UVM fans on this thread can find some silver linings tomorrow if BC wins, as it would eliminate UML.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Another game that leaves you wondering what they practice during the week. That was a winnable game. Their power play looks like Pee Wee hockey with all three forwards within 2 feet of the puck. Can't count how many times a player would pass to someone and then skate to the puck. UVM stupid penaltied themselves out of the win tonight.

Hope they stick with Santaguida tomorrow night.

Comment

Decent game last night. UVM outplayed them for a large part of the game, and got out played for large stretches too. A nice back and forth game. That was a winnable game last night, I thought the D and F kinda let Santa down in clearing rebounds, you really can't let BC take 2-3 shots at a time. For his part Santa does need to work on not giving those up...

Nice to see them really battle right to the end still trying to get that tying goal, even after they went down 4-2 they kept fighting. The Turk line handled BC's star line great and they should be happy with that. Sneddon was ripped in the post game with Fallon's line as that line was -3. I'd expect to see very limited ice time for them, or a bit of a mix up in lines.

Hopefully the team takes away from last night that they can beat BC and come out tonight with some confidence and really take it to them.

Comment

Valiant effort, and a winnable game. But man, BC is really good. It's as if they cruise along in 4th gear and when the opportunity presents itself, they kick it to 5th gear and blow by you. UVM played great. For once I agree with Sneddon's post game comments about the softness of the BC goals. They were momentary let downs that could have easily not been goals. But that is what BC does, they wait for the let down and capitalize. I also enjoyed Sneddon getting fired up about the horribleness of the 5-3 power play. "Boring, boring, boring" Some rare emotion from the head coach. Here's hoping we can pull 2 points out of the weekend, but UVM will have to play near perfect.

Side note: Why does it seem we can't go a game without getting a boarding or hitting from behind penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule617 View Post
                            Side note: Why does it seem we can't go a game without getting a boarding or hitting from behind penalty.
                            It's because HE refs go to the women's hockey ref school and think any hit that rattles the glass has to be called. Now, a few of those hits were penalties, but a lot of clean hits called each and every game. Notre Dame fans have complained about the reffing all season... they aren't used to the terrible officiating yet. That and their team is struggling and they whine a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                              Big match up this weekend between Gaudreau's line and the 59-line who will be matched up with them the most. I refer to Forgione
                              Turk and Massar who are all 5'9". They have the speed to stay with them and if they can spend more time in the BC end it will go
                              along way for VT's chances.
                              5 on 5 last night

59-Line 1
                              Superline 0

I think they can hang with them
                              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

• Originally posted by Mule617 View Post
                                Valiant effort, and a winnable game. But man, BC is really good. It's as if they cruise along in 4th gear and when the opportunity presents itself, they kick it to 5th gear and blow by you. UVM played great. For once I agree with Sneddon's post game comments about the softness of the BC goals. They were momentary let downs that could have easily not been goals. But that is what BC does, they wait for the let down and capitalize. I also enjoyed Sneddon getting fired up about the horribleness of the 5-3 power play. "Boring, boring, boring" Some rare emotion from the head coach. Here's hoping we can pull 2 points out of the weekend, but UVM will have to play near perfect.

Sneddon is wrong wrong wrong on what he said. He takes his most dynamic forward and puts him at the point on 5 v 4 and 5 v 3. He uses Markinson who can fly on PP but unfortunately has below average hands. Why take McCarthy who has possessed the puck and created all year down low and move him to the point. Teams on the PK just need to get the puck down low and ice it because we have no possession people there. That's on the coaches. Puskarich is a goal scorer not a possession but he's down low, Markinson I've referenced, Bradley is just ok down low. So how does the staff expect the PP to function? Get it to the points and let McCartht and Paliotta blast on net when teams sag? That's on the coaching for boring boring boring. Also in the second, Sneddon could have made a line change after Fallon line got a face off with 30 seconds left and he didn't. They end up giving up a goal. Also, after we scored he never came back with top line, which he should have to maintained momentum. Bottom line 3 soft goals and in my opinion suspect coaching decisions led to this loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X