This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont 2013-2014 Season Thread : The Golden Year

Best roadtrip ever...for me at least. Haven't seen UVM win at UNH(in person) since St Louis/Perrins senior year.

The difference this weekend was UNH's inability to handle VT's forecheck. The days of the neutral zone trap are gone as
    Vermont sent 2 or 3 players in deep all weekend and UNH's Dmen could not handle it and turned the puck over or got stripped
    of the puck way to much.

Vermont seemed very at home with the wide rink passing around players instead of up the middle. Santa was big Tonight and
    definately was the player of the game, last night he didnt have to be as good and truthfully I wouldnt blame any of the goals
    this weekend on him.
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
      did not see the games (I have seen all but a handful this year live, TV or computer) this weekend but nice outcome. They needed this bad. I presume the goaltending was good - obviously good enough and not good enough for UNH. Good for the Cats

The days of giving up a 10 spot to UNH go back to early HE days, not so much recently. Recall, we did beat them in a QF series the year after our FF appearance also on their ice, was there for game 3, awesome game.

Nothing but accolades to the entire team this weekend, must have been great team D.

Puskarich is looking like possible ROY, first Cat since Mitchell? or would this be first ever in HE?

Now, can they bring it next week and scratch 2 points out against a BC team that has not lost in 14 games? I think we can be competititive, 2 points would be huge for PWR If we play to our ability we are better than UML also (reminder that we dominated NU and PC in losses and played them close to even in the other losses). Those teams are close to UML in ability, Cats are actually superior if we get goaltenidng to match the other netminder

Liking this freshman class. Go Cats
      I responded to your ramblings in the UNH thread, so I'll let you read those thoughts over there.

But, in a nutshell, you're either trolling, stupid or have just lost your mind.

Lowell is better in every statistical category, with the exception of the PK. There, you can have one.

How you even begin to correlate being better than Lowell based on losses to other teams to whom you consider "close in ability" to Lowell is beyond me, and may very well be the dumbest thing I have ever read on the boards. That's saying a lot.

You score less than Lowell. You give up more goals per game than Lowell. Your goaltending is LIGHTYEARS behind EITHER of Lowell's goalies. Your power play is worse. Your record is worse. Your team is worse.

Hope that clears up your apparent confusion on the issue.

Good luck next week against BC.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Your team blows. That is all. Seriously. UML blows even more academically too. A garbage school with a hideous campus in a disgusting, rubbish city. Lovely.

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        I responded to your ramblings in the UNH thread, so I'll let you read those thoughts over there.

But, in a nutshell, you're either trolling, stupid or have just lost your mind.

Lowell is better in every statistical category, with the exception of the PK. There, you can have one.

How you even begin to correlate being better than Lowell based on losses to other teams to whom you consider "close in ability" to Lowell is beyond me, and may very well be the dumbest thing I have ever read on the boards. That's saying a lot.

You score less than Lowell. You give up more goals per game than Lowell. Your goaltending is LIGHTYEARS behind EITHER of Lowell's goalies. Your power play is worse. Your record is worse. Your team is worse.

Hope that clears up your apparent confusion on the issue.

Good luck next week against BC.

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
          Your team blows. That is all. Seriously. UML blows even more academically too. A garbage school with a hideous campus in a disgusting, rubbish city. Lovely.
          Thanks for proving me right.

You know the opposition has conceded the argument when the best they can do is call your school "ugly".
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

You know the opposition has conceded the argument when the best they can do is call your school "ugly".
            That's not the best we can do, it's just all that's warranted for you. BTW nice touch calling another poster a troll.

Oh and super win on Friday...
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Next up BC... Should be a couple of good games. Its at home and UVM should be pumped after the UNH series this weekend.

They are 13th in the PWR at this point, so this coming weekend is crucial...

Nice to see Santa have a good weekend. Wonder if Sneddon rides him the rest of the way out or if we will see Hoffman against BC. It seems the team is simply playing better in front of Santa, have to imagine we see him again on Friday. Hope the troops are prepared and come out on all cylinders.
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

"Another embarrassing performance. Here's hoping they can somehow manage to get home ice, but I wouldn't hold my breath. "

And you were right when you posted this?

Yea thought so Mr. 2 Face

Funny you are pushing stats as a method of which team is better but were crying when STATS gave us the holiday tournament title over UML, again
                way to go 2 Face using things only when it works in your favor.

Comment

http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/20...0-unh.html?m=1
                  Well done Catamounts.
                  The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

You give up more goals per game than Lowell. Your goaltending is LIGHTYEARS behind EITHER of Lowell's goalies.
                    Lets look at the stats you love so much to prove your points

Using in league stats because if we played your weak non-conf schedule we would have better stats too

Hellebuyck 1.99, Santaguida 2.02
                    Team Def UML 2.20, VT 2.29

Not sure you understand what a Lightyear is.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                      Lets look at the stats you love so much to prove your points

Using in league stats because if we played your weak non-conf schedule we would have better stats too

Hellebuyck 1.99, Santaguida 2.02
                      Team Def UML 2.20, VT 2.29

Not sure you understand what a Lightyear is.
                      There's only one stat that has any merit when it comes to goalies, and that's save percentage.

Hellebuyck - .937 (.941 overall)
                      Santaguida - .926 (.921 overall)

Weak non-conference schedule? Two games against Quinnipiac and one against Michigan. Two top 10 teams, two teams better than anyone Vermont played.

Team defense including all games, because regardless of how you want to look at it, those games count - Lowell 1.93 - UVM 2.13

Lastly, if you honestly thing Sataguida is in Hellebuyck's league, please log off.
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

This furthers the fact that you are, indeed, a moron.

There's only one stat that has any merit when it comes to goalies, and that's save percentage.

Hellebuyck - .937 (.941 overall)
                        Santaguida - .926 (.921 overall)

Weak non-conference schedule? Two games against Quinnipiac and one against Michigan. Two top 10 teams, two teams better than anyone Vermont played.

Team defense including all games, because regardless of how you want to look at it, those games count - Lowell 1.93 - UVM 2.13

Lastly, if you honestly thing Sataguida is in Hellebuyck's league, please log off.

Comment

I was simply calling your campus dull and saying how it's located in the ***hole of massachusetts.

Comment

I could care less about UML, so lets talk about UVM.

There are my thoughts after watching the games this weekend:

The Good:
                            - It seems the goalie rotation is over and, at least this weekend, that Sendon made the right choice going with Santaquida. Hopefully we see Santaquida the rest of the way.
                            - Pusharich should be HE ROY. He's really developed well over the season, other than McCarthy he's our best forward.
                            - McCarthy has turned into the heart and soul of this team. Good senior leadership, smart, aggressive play and really stands out with his knowledge of the game (I really wish Stalberg had stayed too). McCarthy's ability to carry the puck through traffic really drives this teams offense.

The Bad (and I realize this may be nit picking)
                            - Fallon seems lost out there. He seems to be afriad to be hit and hence is getting rid of the too quick. Is he playing hurt?
                            - Hamilton still trys to make the great play rather than making the safe play. Which is fine in the offensive zone, but he's still turning the puck over too much in the defensive zone.
                            - Sneddon still plays not to lose. He called off the dogs in the 3rd period (maybe even after they got up 2-0 halfway through the 2nd) last night and went into his "2-1-2" defensive first zone play (not to be confussed with his 1-2-2 Super defensive first zone play). I'd love to see this team go for the knock out blow when they have a time on the ropes.

All in all a good weekend, the 4 points was huge. I'm thinking 8 points in the final six games (with some help from ND and ME) and this team should be the 5 or 6 seed. 2 points next weekend against BC, a sweep at Merrimack and another 2 points vs UML, if not better.
                            Last edited by UVM - Bruin; 02-09-2014, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I would not say that Patronick is 2 faced; maybe bipolar. He certainly is a troll, about that there is no doubt

He's going to be might nervous come Feb 28

There is no way his favorite team can meet his expectations and he will never be happy

Comment

ok, back to hockey

I have concerns with goaltending still. Santaguida is too darn small to win the big game at this level. I was calling for Hoffman but he then started playing poorly, giving up easy five hole and bad angle goals so I agree to go with Santa right now, but in the end, the Cats need Hoffman to clean up the bad goals and take the reins.

going forward - I think they will play tough vs. BC but 2 points would be best case scenario and is probably a dream. I worry about being able to sweep at Mack, we play down (in net at least) against lower end competition.

UML does not look like the same team as last year; Hellbuck is awesome (and if he was a Cat then UVM is top 7 in country right now also) but they are not dominant currently; I like our chances for a split or better

Sadly, because our netminding cost us some early conference games (ND, PC, NU x2) we are going to struggle to get higher than 6th. More interesting is the chance to get into the tourney, they need to beat BC once and UML once or twice and get 3 pts and Mack and they should be ok to be in that 13 area, can't slip beyond 14th for fear of getting knocked out

Maine, Clarkson and SLU need to win some games to help the Cats. Maine collapsed last night and it had to be costly for the Cats also

Comment

Working...
                                X