Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2013-2014: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Realignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MTU: This weekend we're taking on Me, Myself and Bye

Nice win, and great to see Reid finally putting the puck in the net. Go get 'em again tomorrow night.

Comment

2 points are 2 points. Need to make it 4.

Comment

The Merritt Centennials tweeted that Devin committed for 2014/15 or 2015/16, we'll see.

From Muckalt's twitter, it looks like we're wearing this years creme GLI jerseys tonight. I'm a fan, they look good!

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2013-2014: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Realignment

Go Huskies!!!

Got to see a bit of Michigan vs Michigan State and Wisconsin vs Ohio State on the Big Ten Network last night. I wonder how Michigan likes being upstaged by Minnesota and Wisconsin in the new conference.
          Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 01-25-2014, 06:45 PM.
          "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
          Abe Lincoln

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2013-2014: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Realignment

A lot of stuff wasn't working tonight, but PP just killed us, by not converting all those chances in a row or taking penalties while on the PP.

I think it would've been a lot different game if Gould's post was a goal instead, so close.

Mel's postgame interview:
            They're a good team, showed their bounce back,
            There's critical moments, did not like our penalties, especially early
            Key time in 2nd, they score a goal on a giveaway, Gould hits crossbar, critical juncture in the game
            NOt much going on tonight, they did a good job defensively, we eleminated a lot of their chances
            Didn't seem to have the energy/drive/zip, maybe need to learn to handle success
            We weren't in sync or together bringing it up ice on the PP, takes energy otu of team when you don't have success, would rather play 5x5 against Ferris
            Hats off to Ferris, solid effort from their goalie, they had more authority than our team
            Can't have our best players takign penalties, Petan, Johnstone, Blake took some this weekend
            we let them get to us and get under our skin instead of just playing
            BG a good hockey team, they got one of their beetter players back, every game so critical
            Dirk thought split against #6, we'll take it Mel - no, we want more as a team/coaches
            We need to learn waht it takes to play real good teams on a weekly basis
            Jamie was good, didn't have to do much, solid, not many good scoring opportunities from either team
            Their team rallied around their goalie change, Williams, and played hard for him
            Special night, thanks to fans, bigger crowd of year, apologize for loss and effort we put forward, unacceptable
            Good to see the skate with huskies and lines for autographs, giving back to community, we have good guys on a our team, put aside L and enjoy moment with kids

Comment

I flew up to Houghton for the saturday game. A long trip for one game and I went back to Marquette right after to catch the early flight back this morning... I guess I should have picked a different game.
              I thought our guys were out of sync most of the game.

On the second Ferris goal, Daniels intimidated the ref into calling 2 penalties at once on Petan. He barely touched the guy, who sold it like he was hurt.Daniels made a big deal out of it. This was called boarding and they never got close to the boards. (Heck it was barely slashing.) And this was in retaliation for their guy slashing Petan seconds earlier, which was not called. This negated our pp and preceeded their stripping our defenseman of the puck and beating the goalie 1 on 1. A turning point in the game.

I thought our goaltending was particularly average and has been that way all year. I'm not surprised they are looking at other goaltenders.
              There was a very good crowd. not full, but almost, and I forgot just how much snow there is in Houghton.
              Last edited by manurespreader; 01-27-2014, 06:01 AM.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Wow, we're in 9th place. Really!?! What a disappointment for Mel's 3rd year. I sure hope he can get some offensive firepower next year, either through recruiting or coaching up the guys he has. I'm afraid that if Mel can't fix this mess, it's unfixable.
                Abe Lincoln

Comment

The good news is that if the team is serious about home ice, the next 3 series will give them the opportunity, but they need to go out and do it.

Need 3 of 4 from a good BG team to get started next week.

I would rotate the goalies from here on out and see if one catches fire again for the playoffs.

Comment

Why is it that when we absolutely stunk during Russell's last three years, I somehow enjoyed following Tech more than I do now, where they're in most games but still finish sub .500? I've grown pretty apathetic over the last couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Why is it that when we absolutely stunk during Russell's last three years, I somehow enjoyed following Tech more than I do now, where they're in most games but still finish sub .500? I've grown pretty apathetic over the last couple of years.
                      I feel the same way...I assume its all about expectations this year. Most of us thought after the last 2 seasons and the new conference structure we'd be near the top...instead, they continue to struggle even though the schedule is "easier."
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        I feel the same way...I assume its all about expectations this year. Most of us thought after the last 2 seasons and the new conference structure we'd be near the top...instead, they continue to struggle even though the schedule is "easier."
                        I third that feeling. i'm really not that thrilled to go watch this weekend in Bowling Green. what if they don't make the playoffs? good question for the Mel Pearson show tomorrow morning.
                        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                          I third that feeling. i'm really not that thrilled to go watch this weekend in Bowling Green. what if they don't make the playoffs? good question for the Mel Pearson show tomorrow morning.
                          It certainly is frustrating. I'd say don't jump off the bus, it's just getting revved up.

Ask yourself, did you really expect to sweep Ferris? I didn't. It's natural for the team that wins friday, especially the home team to let down for saturday. It's natural for a team that's as good as Ferris is to come out really hard after losing three straight.

So I still think we can get home ice, but we have to sweep someone here in these next few series, in addition to sweeping huntsville.
                          Last edited by manurespreader; 01-27-2014, 06:04 AM.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I've definitely grown apathetic. You can only watch losing for so long before you decide its not worth it, and spend time and money on something else. I'm still a fan and want the team to win, but I just can't be 100% emotionally invested anymore.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Ask yourself, did you really expect to sweep Ferris?
                              No, but I expected the team to be better than last year's, above .500 and in the upper half of the standings. I don't think that's asking too much.
                              Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                                No, but I expected the team to be better than last year's, above .500 and in the upper half of the standings. I don't think that's asking too much.
                                very disappointing, yet they're so close...MTU certainly should be 2-2-0 or 1-2-1 vs Ferris.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X