Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2013-2014: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Realignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2013-2014: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Realignment

Get 'em "tomorrow"

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2013-2014: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Realignment

Very Disappointing,
      Mankato and Tech underachieving.

Once again save the weekend tonight.

No goals and no Tyler Heinonen again??

why can't we score, the goalies must believe they need to pitch a shutout. Missing D. Johnstone sure hurts the lineup.

Time to switch it up and focus on winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
        Very Disappointing,
        Mankato and Tech underachieving.

Once again save the weekend tonight.

No goals and no Tyler Heinonen again??

why can't we score, the goalies must believe they need to pitch a shutout. Missing D. Johnstone sure hurts the lineup.

Time to switch it up and focus on winning.
        I'm not necessarily a Tyler Heinonen fan but we do certainly miss David Johnstone. We just are not getting the job done in a lot of small ways which adds up to average performance.

I m not about wins and losses so much as continuing to improve, but right now we are not doing even that. I'm sure there will be line up changes tonight. But this game is really important, we can't fall behind in the standing any further. And losing to Anchorage!
        We made them look real good, when they aren't.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          I m not about wins and losses so much as continuing to improve, but right now we are not doing even that. I'm sure there will be line up changes tonight. But this game is really important, we can't fall behind in the standing any further. And losing to Anchorage!
          Respectfully disagree sir. To be honest UAA didn't play that well last night. Our PP was 1 for 5, Bailey and Allen didn't get anything, and we got outshot.

This is not the same UAA of years past, especially at home.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

In what universe is 1 for 5 not good? 20% is great! you're not going to go 4 for 9 many nights.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              But this game is really important, we can't fall behind in the standing any further. And losing to Anchorage!
              And you base the statement that UAA isn't any good on what facts? UAA is the only team to beat the #4 in the nation. They beat DU. It's not like Tech has had a winning tradition over the past 10 years! Sheesh. I'd expect something like that out of some of the former WCHA fans, but Tech? Hmmmm.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                In what universe is 1 for 5 not good? 20% is great! you're not going to go 4 for 9 many nights.
                But their PP percentage is 23%, the best in the WCHA. I thought UAA took a lot of penalties, but Tech is #1 in the nation in penalty minutes.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  But their PP percentage is 23%, the best in the WCHA. I thought UAA took a lot of penalties, but Tech is #1 in the nation in penalty minutes.
                  We took 4 penalties
                  Tech took 4 and a too many men for a total of 5

Comment

Anybody know what Tech coach was so upset about that he threw his clipboard down the bench went and retrieved it and threw it the other way?
                    The 2nd throw was followed about 2 seconds later by the nail in the coffin by Duysk.
                    Maybe he had a premonition?

Comment

And you base the statement that UAA isn't any good on what facts? UAA is the only team to beat the #4 in the nation. They beat DU. It's not like Tech has had a winning tradition over the past 10 years! Sheesh. I'd expect something like that out of some of the former WCHA fans, but Tech? Hmmmm.
                      With all due respect, expectations for Tech were high this year, and they're underachieving thus far. When you pay a coach $275,000/year, and when he's got a two-year headstart on recruiting over the coach on the opposite bench, you expect winning results.

That said, I'll agree that no one should be overlooking UAA. But that doesn't excuse the fact that Tech's effort last night was not anywhere near good enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        It's below the average!

That said it didn't really get anything going, not a lot of great chances. Tech pressured it fairly well.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

No where in here did I say Tech was good. This is not about Tech anyway, it's about your team. You got swept by bgsu which is average, you lost and tied to Bemidji who is below average. That kind of performance does not make you a good team , it makes you at best average. In other words, not good. Oh and beating DU is good? they lost to AF, and others in Atlantic hockey.. so if DU is your signature win well, .... and wmu,? they are not all that hot either. Hmmmm.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            No where in here did I say Tech was good. This is not about Tech anyway, it's about your team. You got swept by bgsu which is average, you lost and tied to Bemidji who is below average. That kind of performance does not make you a good team , it makes you at best average. In other words, not good. Oh and beating DU is good? they lost to AF, and others in Atlantic hockey.. so if DU is your signature win well, .... and wmu,? they are not all that hot either. Hmmmm.
                            Oh yeah BGSU and Bemidji are average, they're only tied for second in the standings!

We have 3 losses on the road which happens to be the same amount as Tech.

We beat Quinnipiac who hasn't lost a game since losing to UAA! and Air Force who's gone 7-1-1 since losing to UAA!

Oh but we're the same old UAA, just terrible...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                              Anybody know what Tech coach was so upset about that he threw his clipboard down the bench went and retrieved it and threw it the other way?
                              The 2nd throw was followed about 2 seconds later by the nail in the coffin by Duysk.
                              Maybe he had a premonition?
                              FYI, I'm guessing Muckalt. Did he look bald?

Comment

Muckalt si not there, recruiting
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X