Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2013-2014: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Realignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2013-2014: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Realignment

I've been off line and not following the board much, but am following the hockey games intensely. great trips to Notre Dame and Michigan. team looked great despite the loses. am off the scope for tonights game. feeling like this is our first "real" test - not playing a super team and not playing a loser team. (no offense State. offense intended Northern ) can't wait for the game to start. love the mountain time zone for sports. Sunday Morning football, Monday NIght Football at 6 pm, hockey at 5:05 pm. beer is cold, nacho fixing in the house, computer warmed up. bring on Dirk!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2013-2014: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Realignment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Pretty much - Jilbert's ice cream is about the only above average item. Frankly, it's never bothered me all that much.
      popcorn is pretty much the same at all the arenas we've been to. hot dogs are ok at Tech. they are locally produced. wish they had pasties. Roy's. the veggie and the turkey with stuffing are great. and thimbleberry something. tarts? cookies? those folded up pastry things? fudge. justoaa. local stuff. maple something. whitefish something. lake trout dip with pita chips. I'm on a roll here. bilberry sundaes? venison sausage? wild strawberries on porcupine quills? old milwaukee?
      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

and LETS GO TECH!
        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          It's nice at AMSoil that they have some great food options...like when the wife I went to a series last month and we didn't have time to grab food before the game. We just ate at the rink and found some yummy food options. When we go this weekend I guarantee we won't have food at the rink in Houghton.
          Foods good but I was surprised that in such a new building some of the seats are obstructed view.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
            Sad news about Rolston getting fired, there already aren't enough MTU Hockey/NHL ties.

For the NLIs being signed this week, anyone know what recruits we're expecting? Unsigned guys that are potential freshmen in 14/15?
            He'll catch on elsewhere. Sabres been a mess for awhile

Comment

Originally posted by foser View Post
              For anyone making the trip to Alaska, there is an organized alumni event each weekend. Details are on the alumni section of the MTU website. Not sure when registration closes.

We'll look into that. I'm in a group of 7 coming up.
              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

That's a rough one. Great start, but brutal 2nd. I would guess Jamie tomorrow and Gould fanned on the shot 3 times, ouch!

Mel's postgame thoughts:
                a couple lucky bounces early, somethign was missing tonight, if we got the 3rd, maybe we're okay
                They had good 3 minutes in 2nd, hard to play from behind, use a lot of energy trying to come back
                Good play by their guy to for us to drag their guy down, resulting in a penalty shot, good backhand
                Can't give up 4 at home and expect to win
                We have to learn from Petans 5 min, emotional player, have to keep them in check, it made a big impression on the game
                Some guys will be dreaming of great chances they missed, Leibinger, Pietila, etc
                We got away form our game plan a bit when we got behind, didn't like that, need to be patient and stick with it
                Have to handle succes, need to learn how to deal with that, after last weekend, can't live on those
                Lineup changes? There will be, want to take emtion out of it, rewatch the game, but we have things to correct.
                We'll be ready to go tomorrow, we have to play full 60 mins

Comment

You know maybe i'm off, but it seems that just about the time the fans are getting excited about the team, they lay an egg. happened last year too.

maybe we will see Phillips tomorrow too.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Phillips will get his shot, and there will be further adjustments after that 5-10 minute brainfart in the second period. Those three unanswered LSSU goals made all the difference in the game.

Comment

Frankly after starting the year 1-6-1, I figured on another .500 season, no matter how tough the early schedule. But, 2/3 of the year is still in front of them, perhaps they will surprise us.

This loss is a huge disappointment though. LSSU should not score 5 in our barn.

Comment

Very disappointing last night, just curious, was D. Johnstone hurt and why is Tyler Heinonen
                        not in the lineup every night. After what I saw at Michigan, he is the 2nd most dangerous Husky from an offensive standpoint....I know Coach said he needs to be better defensively, but I would like to see him in the top 6 and left there.

Nice to see Gould score, he is bringing energy. Petan needs to stop with the 5 min major b.s. as it is hurting the team.

If we can win tonight, this is just a bump in the road, but Ferris, BG are moving away from Tech in the standings. Go Tech, get a W tonight....

Expectations are still competing for the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          It's nice at AMSoil that they have some great food options...
                          And they have a fireplace. Not many rinks can boast that feature. I also have to give props to UMD staff as they were generous hosts. Provided me with press access and got to shoot from between the benches for a period. It's a completely different game that close to the ice. The things you hear down there... Note for next time, bring a helmet. Had a few close calls with stay sticks.

Ryan J
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 11-16-2013, 08:04 AM.
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

A much needed win tonight.

Mel's postgame interview:
                              Team bounced back well, good start, solid 2nd, good penalty killing in 3rd
                              Jamie in good position, strong game, didn't get many shots in first 2, stood tall in 3rd
                              Stayed with the game for the msot part tonight, better job killing penalties tonight, big 2 points
                              Rix one of best PKers, can't be in box 3 times
                              Not scoring on Grade A chances, a bit concerned, their goalie was great
                              Trying to get pucks to the net to get a bounce, and we did on Petan's goal
                              Furne great goal
                              Alaska is a long trip, 10-11 days, both are good teams, our team is playing, time to prove ourselves on the road
                              Sova played well, looked fine, didn't show the rust Mel thoght he might
                              Cliff Watson he sacrifices the body blocking shots,
                              PK, blocking shots, faceoffs all much better tonight
                              Great fans tonight, appreciate all the fans, they add a spark, hats off to students too

Comment

Good job last night to save the weekend.

What do a the guys that do not travel do for the
                                next 2 weeks.

Good luck in Alaska
                                Go Tech

Comment

Working...
                                X