PDA

View Full Version : Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58

willythekid
04-12-2014, 11:31 PM
Fans in dinkytown showing why they are the classiest bunch in college hockey again...

mnstate0fhockey
04-13-2014, 12:44 AM
Fans in dinkytown showing why they are the classiest bunch in college hockey again...

You certainly aren't showing much class yourself. Perhaps you should join the idiots out there.

willythekid
04-13-2014, 12:57 AM
You certainly aren't showing much class yourself. Perhaps you should join the idiots out there.

This coming from dubbs himself... humorous.
I didn't see you saying anything about the classy thread happy started, or the crap gopher fans were spewing on SS.com. The better team on any given night doesn't always win. We saw that thursday, but that's hockey. The difference tonight was the best team came out on top. Go pop your collar and jump on some police cars like the other ******s in dinkytown.

mnstate0fhockey
04-13-2014, 01:00 AM
This coming from dubbs himself... humorous.
I didn't see you saying anything about the classy thread happy started, or the crap gopher fans were spewing on SS.com. The better team on any given night doesn't always win. We saw that thursday, but that's hockey. The difference tonight was the best team came out on top. Go pop your collar and jump on some police cars like the other ******s in dinkytown.

So, because some Gopher fans were being idiots on SS.com, that makes it right in your eyes to do the same here? Obviously the people getting out of control in Dinkytown are embarassing themselves, but to make generalizations about that here after as big of a loss as this was isn't really classy either.

willythekid
04-13-2014, 01:10 AM
So, because some Gopher fans were being idiots on SS.com, that makes it right in your eyes to do the same here? Obviously the people getting out of control in Dinkytown are embarassing themselves, but to make generalizations about that here after as big of a loss as this was isn't really classy either.

Thanks for the lesson on class msoh... NoDak fans are constantly called classless by gopher fans on here, gpl and the trolls on SS.com. Maybe gopher fans should look in the mirror. I'm sure there are a few at the Hennepin County Jail.

mnstate0fhockey
04-13-2014, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the lesson on class msoh... NoDak fans are constantly called classless by gopher fans on here, gpl and the trolls on SS.com. Maybe gopher fans should look in the mirror. I'm sure there are a few at the Hennepin County Jail.

Really? I reached out to several UND fans on Twitter after Thursday's game and congratulated them on a great season and told them how much I respected what Hakstol, his staff, and their players did this season. And mentioned that the future is bright for UND. Those people reciprocated tonight after we lost.

You should avoid making generalizations. We just lost in the national championship game. We don't need to be told the idiots rioting on our campus are morons. We know.

willythekid
04-13-2014, 01:25 AM
Really? I reached out to several UND fans on Twitter after Thursday's game and congratulated them on a great season and told them how much I respected what Hakstol, his staff, and their players did this season. And mentioned that the future is bright for UND. Those people reciprocated tonight after we lost.

You should avoid making generalizations. We just lost in the national championship game. We don't need to be told the idiots rioting on our campus are morons. We know.

You haven't always been this way... I'm done with this. Congrats on the great season and huge win over NoDak. Good to see the rivalry isn't over yet (dispite what you read on gpl).

ScoobyDoo
04-13-2014, 08:02 AM
Why in hell were people being idiots in Dinkytown last night? DUMB!!!!!!!!!!

William Blake
04-13-2014, 08:18 AM
Only got to see the 1st period. How did the gophers look the rest of the way? Lots of dumb penalties in the 3rd? Was the last 10 min of the 1st period how the rest of the game went or did the gophers start to play their game a bit as it went on?

Greyeagle
04-13-2014, 08:44 AM
What a great ride this season. Disappointed? Sure. Upset? Not even close......

mnturkey
04-13-2014, 10:04 AM
You gave me a year of thrills.
Congratulations on a great year.
You have nothing to be ashamed of.
Cannot wait until next year.

burd
04-13-2014, 10:43 AM
There is a huge difference between falling short when the team got farther than expected and the stable is full next year and those years when you felt going in that it is your last best chance for the immediate future. As disappointed as Nodak fans are at having been eliminated by the gophers, fans understand UMinn would beat them most of the time, and things look pretty good for next year. You really feel sorry for the graduating players on teams that were supposed to go all the way and did not, often as a result of puck luck, one missed assignment, or a hot goalie. It is easy for us to forget how much work these kids put into this all season long.

LTsatch
04-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Nice run this season, I had a ball with the Gopher fans at the Frozen Four.

ScoobyDoo
04-13-2014, 11:33 AM
Minnesota now stands alone with 7 Runner-Up finishes. So, Minnesotan of them.

Hammy
04-13-2014, 12:23 PM
I know it is hard to see it the day after losing the title game but the reality is this was a very good year given the circumstances. We lost 5 significant players to early pro signings last off-season. You don't typically lose top guys like that early and still achieve what the Gophers did this season. Given what we lost after last season, if you told most fans before this season that we'd win the B1G, spend most of the season in the top 3 of the national polls, and get to the national championship game... they'd be pretty excited with that.

There really is nothing to hang our heads over. The coming few seasons should be very fun with the young foundation we saw this season (and all the valuable experience they received in big games).

EDIT - Congrats to Union. A veteran team that earned it. Welcome to the NCAA title owners club.

ScoobyDoo
04-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Nanne on with Sid right now. I like his take. I won't regurgitate it. Pretty similar to Barrerio's take from this morning.

Hammy
04-13-2014, 12:28 PM
Nanne on with Sid right now. I like his take. I won't regurgitate it. Pretty similar to Barrerio's take from this morning.

What's the executive summary? I didn't listen to either.

Dutchman
04-13-2014, 12:35 PM
Congratulations on a great season, the norm for Minnesota. In our book Minnesota will alwasy be "the best of the best" and the benchmark for College Hockey Excellence in the West.

Driftryder
04-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Why in hell were people being idiots in Dinkytown last night? DUMB!!!!!!!!!!

Young college students and alcohol = not so bright ideas.

To be fair though the media blew this way out of proportion, it was hardly a riot, mainly kids standing around outside the bars just being college kids.

The Rube
04-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Young college students and alcohol = not so bright ideas.

To be fair though the media blew this way out of proportion, it was hardly a riot, mainly kids standing around outside the bars just being college kids.

Truth. Fox9 really took the cake on this, with them repeatedly going back to the reporter on scene in the middle of it.