Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers 2013-14 B1G Things To Come!

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Marshall isn't really ineligible for a game because of that hit, is he?

If so, that's ridiculous.
    Not just because of that hit. It was his 3rd Game Misconduct of the year, so there's an automatic 1 game suspension. One was the "spearing" call against Lethbridge (also complete BS) and the second was the Charging/Facemasking/Game MC combo he got against UMD back in November.

Comment

Yeah you would be in the minority, the Marshall hit wasn't a 5 and barely a penalty. Shoulder to shoulder hit's are still legal in Hockey.

We can't help it if the guy threw his stick 40 feet and turtled acting like his spleen was just knocked out, holy acting on that one. Pretty obvious.

Marshall better not be suspended for that legal hit.

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
        Put me there too. The refs have to protect players - even slimy diving ones. The official has to make that call at full speed. I am sure that Marshall regrets the decision to go for the devastating hit now. He didn't have to play it that way, although I understand why you might do what Marshall did in the heat of the moment.
        The answer to this is that the Major/MC part should be reviewable by the refs, like the ejections are in College Football. They could have checked the video, saw right away that there was no contact to the head and given Marshall 2 minutes for Roughing (wasn't even interference, since the puck had JUST hit Marshall before the hit).

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          Yeah you would be in the minority, the Marshall hit wasn't a 5 and barely a penalty. Shoulder to shoulder hit's are still legal in Hockey.

We can't help it if the guy threw his stick 40 feet and turtled acting like his spleen was just knocked out, holy acting on that one. Pretty obvious.

Marshall better not be suspended for that legal hit.
          Talked to tDon at the radio show last night, he's out on Friday. Automatic 1 game suspension, even though 2 of the 3 calls were total BS

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
            The answer to this is that the Major/MC part should be reviewable by the refs, like the ejections are in College Football.
            Agree with this. I think they should be calling a few more 5 mn penalties and then just review all of them and overturn the one's that don't qualify.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Agree with this. I think they should be calling a few more 5 mn penalties and then just review all of them and overturn the one's that don't qualify.
              Maybe they could review for really bad acting and hand out suspensions for that too.
              "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                Not just because of that hit. It was his 3rd Game Misconduct of the year, so there's an automatic 1 game suspension. One was the "spearing" call against Lethbridge (also complete BS) and the second was the Charging/Facemasking/Game MC combo he got against UMD back in November.
                Thanks. Bummer
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                  Travis Boyd was fantastic last night, he was the best Gopher on the ice not standing in the crease.
                  All over the ice, creative, winning face-offs, very persistent defensively, really fun to watch. The entire line was clicking.
                  Late to this one but I could not agree more. I'd say that he has been their best player since the break.

He was the best player for the Gophers in tClassic, had a great weekend against PSU, and now the NSCC was a great weekend for him as well. FTR, I'd say the same thing about him even if he wasn't scoring goals. He just has that jump and hustle that I'm not seeing out of everyone on this team, it literally looked like he was the only one that cared against Colgate in tClassic(obviously that's not true, but that was a frustrating game).
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

In light of Marshall's suspension being at least partially the result of the thuggery that happened in that exhibition game against Lethbridge, I'm hoping that Lucia and staff think twice about scheduling those Yahoos again. What a joke it is that we're going to be suiting up 5 defensemen for a conference game because of something that happened in an exhibition.

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      Late to this one but I could not agree more. I'd say that he has been their best player since the break.
                      Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                        In light of Marshall's suspension being at least partially the result of the thuggery that happened in that exhibition game against Lethbridge, I'm hoping that Lucia and staff think twice about scheduling those Yahoos again. What a joke it is that we're going to be suiting up 5 defensemen for a conference game because of something that happened in an exhibition.
                        Great point - there is no benefit in playing Lethbridge whatsoever. For their exhibition they would be much better off scheduling the Ann Arbor U18 team.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          Great point - there is no benefit in playing Lethbridge whatsoever. For their exhibition they would be much better off scheduling the Ann Arbor U18 team.
                          Great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            Partially agreed. That shouldn't even have been 5. Give him 2 for roughing and I wouldn't complain. The important part is to get the Majors and game MCs called right.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              Definitely. Better competition, skill-wise and no thuggery.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                                Definitely. Better competition, skill-wise and no thuggery.
                                SCSU beat the U18 team 8-0 and it got chippy at the end, so there are no guarantees.

Comment

Working...
                                X