PDA

View Full Version : 2013-2014: NCAA Weekly Pick'em

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Fighting Sioux 23
10-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Glad to see that you're counting gochiefs picks, though he should probably get a 2 point penalty for picking a team that was down 2-0 at the time he posted his picks. ;)

:p:D:D

Basically, I didn't count that game for gochiefs. Even if Miami would have held on for the draw (or won), gochiefs would not have received points for that particular game.

gochiefs
10-26-2013, 12:41 PM
:p:D:D

Basically, I didn't count that game for gochiefs. Even if Miami would have held on for the draw (or won), gochiefs would not have received points for that particular game.

That's ok. I remembered that I had not done my picks yet and it was 6:45. I had no idea what was going on with the Providence/Miami game. I don't always check this board so I did not realize the game was starting early.

gochiefs
10-26-2013, 12:46 PM
(the only poster to put predictions in following the actual drop of the puck of the first game was gochiefs, and gochiefs picked Miami, who lost), I'll follow the reasonable reliance theory and allow gochiefs picks to count for this week.

Thanks but it would be ok to disqualify me for the week too.

Fighting Sioux 23
10-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Not a good week for the predictors! Our average was 8 points this week, with only 8 (of 29) posters correctly predicting over .500. The last bonus question is still up for grabs today. Over Friday and Saturday, 13 road teams (if my quick tabulation was correct) won. If that number stays at 13, nobody will have correctly guessed that bonus question, and FiveHole12 and UML will share the top spot this week with 15 points.. If one of the two road teams win today, then HoosierPioneer will claim the top spot this week with 16 points, and Uncle Ray will be atop the overall standings. If both road teams win today, then PcFriars13 will claim the top spot with 16 points, both this week, and overall.

Terrance claimed the first bonus, as 5 goals were scored, thanks to an empty net goal from center ice with 0.1 seconds left on the clock. Had that goal missed (or been too late), nobody would have claimed that bonus.

Anyway, I'll try and have the next set of games ready for prediction either late tonight or tomorrow some time. Good luck today to those with chances at winning some points!

HoosierPioneer
10-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Ha, not a good week for predictions indeed if I'm in contention, considering how I thought my picks were doing! Then again, it's why we love college hockey, right? I'll take it for a first time attempt.

UncleRay
10-27-2013, 04:30 PM
I think a bonus question should be how may places UncleRay will fall this week?:D

-1. ;)Ha! And the world has assumed the natural order of things: with the rest of you plebes looking up at me. Get used to it, little people, my reign will be long and brutal. My adoring fans have probably already starting flinging flowers at my feet.

UncleRay
10-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Truthfully, a more likely scenario will see me going about 1-9 next week and falling to about 248th place. :(

Siouxfaninseattle
10-27-2013, 11:49 PM
Ha! And the world has assumed the natural order of things: with the rest of you plebes looking up at me. Get used to it, little people, my reign will be long and brutal. My adoring fans have probably already starting flinging flowers at my feet.

Don't get too comfy in that lofty spot - I'm comin' for ya!:cool:

Truthfully, a more likely scenario will see sfis going about 0-10 next week and falling to about 248th place. :(

:eek:

Fighting Sioux 23
10-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Well, with both home teams winning yesterday, nobody correctly guessed the second bonus question. Consequently, here are the results from this week...

Week 4 Standings:
t1. FiveHole12 - 15 points (7-2-1)
t1. UML - 15 points (7-2-1)
3. Terrance - 12 points (3-6-1 + bonus)
t4. PcFriars13 - 11 points (5-4-1)
t4. 1988 - 11 points (5-4-1)
t4. Laker Dude - 11 points (5-4-1)
t4. all bear - 11 points (5-4-1)
t4. drshoen - 11 points (5-4-1)
t4. HoosierPioneer - 11 points (5-4-1)

t10th - 9 points (4-5-1)
gochiefs
FearTheWarrior
brhull169
SanTropez
blackbearbone

t15th - 7 points (3-6-1)
Uncle Ray
aygwm2
SiouxFaninSeattle
driftryder
bigblue_dl
97osu
mcfarljd

t22. 5 points (2-7-1)
Shirtless Bob
FS23
SweeneyHawksHockey

t25. 3 points (1-8-1)
Aerman
darker98
Irish08
vizoroo
Red Cows

Overall Standings: (top ten)
1. Uncle Ray - 57 points (17-11-2)
t2. PcFriars13 - 54 points (17-11-2)
t2. Aerman - 54 points (16-12-2)
t4. 1988 - 52 points (18-10-2)
t4. Laker Dude - 52 points (18-10-2)
t6. FS23 - 48 points (14-14-2)
t6. aygwm2 - 48 points (13-15-2)
t6. Shirtless Bob - 48 points (13-15-2)
t9. all bear - 46 points (22-6-2)*
t9. SiouxfaninSeattle - 46 points (15-13-2)
t9. darker98 - 46 points (14-14-2)

* all bear's 22-6-2 record is currently the best record amongst those who have picked every game.

Fighting Sioux 23
10-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Here are the games for Week 5:

Friday:
Penn State @ Robert Morris -
Minnesota Duluth @ Ohio State -
Air Force @ RIT -
St. Cloud State @ North Dakota -
New Hampshire @ Massachusetts Lowell -

Saturday:
Lake Superior State @ Wisconsin -
Minnesota State @ Bemidji State -
Quinnipiac @ Cornell -
Boston University @ Providence -

Super Sunday Vegas Pick: (*see explanation below)
American International (+3) @ Michigan State -

BONUS (5 points if correct, for each number off take away 1 point until 0 (cannot go into the negative)):
Total number of goals scored in the ECAC on Friday Night (Six games) -
Shots on Goal in the UNO-DU game on Saturday Night -

* Here are your options for the Super Sunday Vegas Pick:
1) If you pick MSU, they have to win by 4 goals or more, then you get two points
- pick would look like this: AIC @ MSU - MSU
2) If you pick AIC, they have to either win, tie, or lose by 2 goals or less, then you get two points
- pick would look like this: AIC @ MSU - AIC
3) If you pick AIC "straight up" and they win, you get eight points (do NOT pick MSU "straight up"...you will lose 2 points)
- pick would look like this: AIC @ MSU - AIC Straight Up
4) If the game ends with MSU winning by 3, it will be considered a push, and everyone will receive 1 point (unless you picked a tie, then you will receive -2 points)

WEEKLY RULES:
1) All picks must be in by the drop of the puck of the FIRST game in the bunch. This week, that is FRIDAY at 7:00pm Eastern! (The 4pm Brown-Yale matchup is not an "away" game by either team)
2) No late picks will be allowed. No exceptions. This means that if you post your picks on Friday at 7:10pm Eastern, you will not receive credit for your picks.
3) Do NOT pick a tie. If you do, you will lose 2 points.
4) All correct picks will earn 2 points (unless stated otherwise). If a game ends in a tie (regardless of shootout), you will receive 1 point, unless you picked a tie, in which case you will LOSE 2 points. DO NOT PICK A TIE.
5) If you see a mistake within these rules based on the games selected, please note it as soon as possible. If nobody points it out in a reasonable amount of time, I will interpret the rules and come to a decision.
6) Anyone can play. You do not have to continue to predict after this week. You didn't have to predict last week.

Good Luck!

MissThundercat
10-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Friday:
Penn State @ Robert Morris - Penn State
Minnesota Duluth @ Ohio State - UMD
Air Force @ RIT - RIT
St. Cloud State @ North Dakota - North Dakota
New Hampshire @ Massachusetts Lowell - UML

Saturday:
Lake Superior State @ Wisconsin - Wisconsin
Minnesota State @ Bemidji State - Minnesota State
Quinnipiac @ Cornell - Quinnipiac
Boston University @ Providence - Boston University

American International (+3) @ Michigan State - Michigan State

BONUS (5 points if correct, for each number off take away 1 point until 0 (cannot go into the negative)):
Total number of goals scored in the ECAC on Friday Night (Six games) - 23
Shots on Goal in the UNO-DU game on Saturday Night - 65

97osu
10-28-2013, 11:30 AM
Friday:
Penn State @ Robert Morris - Robert Morris
Minnesota Duluth @ Ohio State - Minnesota Duluth
Air Force @ RIT - Air Force
New Hampshire @ Massachusetts Lowell - New Hampshire

Saturday:
Minnesota State @ Bemidji State - Minnesota State
Quinnipiac @ Cornell - Quinnipiac
Boston University @ Providence - Providence

American International (+3) @ Michigan State - AIC

Total number of goals scored in the ECAC on Friday Night (Six games) - 31
Shots on Goal in the UNO-DU game on Saturday Night - 49

FeartheWarrior
10-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Friday:
Penn State @ Robert Morris - Penn State
Minnesota Duluth @ Ohio State - Duluth
Air Force @ RIT - RIT
St. Cloud State @ North Dakota - UND
New Hampshire @ Massachusetts Lowell - UML

Saturday:
Minnesota State @ Bemidji State - Minnesota St.
Quinnipiac @ Cornell - Q.
Boston University @ Providence - PC

American International (+3) @ Michigan State - MSU

Total number of goals scored in the ECAC on Friday Night (Six games) - 27
Shots on Goal in the UNO-DU game on Saturday Night - 65

all bear
10-28-2013, 12:52 PM
* all bear's 22-6-2 record is currently the best record amongst those who have picked every game.

Grandpappy Ray.....please take note...were it not for a meteorite striking my house and me consequently not being able to pick one week, you would be firmly in second where you belong. :)

Aerman
10-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Don't you love it when Mainiacs trash talk amongst themselves? :p

all bear
10-28-2013, 01:00 PM
:p:eek:
Grandpappy Ray.....please take note...were it not for a meteorite striking my house and me consequently not being able to pick one week, you would be firmly in second where you belong. :)

Whoa , whoa here.....on second thought, how can I have the best record and be in 9th place or whatever :D :) Is this some of that bonus BS :confused:

Fighting Sioux 23
10-28-2013, 02:46 PM
:p:eek:

Whoa , whoa here.....on second thought, how can I have the best record and be in 9th place or whatever :D :) Is this some of that bonus BS :confused:

You didn't participate the first week, which wasn't a pick the winner week, but rather a total goals contest.

aygwm2
10-28-2013, 03:06 PM
You didn't participate the first week, which wasn't a pick the winner week, but rather a total goals contest.

That's why someone like me with a crummy overall record, 13-15-2, can be tied for 6th. I just happened to luck out and pick the correct total goals that first week.

I do congratulate you though, all bear, on your 22-6-2 record. I'm rather embarrassed that I'm ahead of you in the standings. Never-the-less, I will continue on with my unexceptional picks.

aygwm2
10-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Week 5:

Friday:
Penn State @ Robert Morris - Robert Morris
Minnesota Duluth @ Ohio State - Minnesota Duluth
Air Force @ RIT - Air Force
New Hampshire @ Massachusetts Lowell - New Hampshire

Saturday:
Lake Superior State @ Wisconsin - Lake Superior State
Minnesota State @ Bemidji State - Bemidji State
Quinnipiac @ Cornell - Cornell
Boston University @ Providence - Providence

American International (+3) @ Michigan State - American International

EDIT: BONUS (5 points if correct, for each number off take away 1 point until 0 (cannot go into the negative)):
Total number of goals scored in the ECAC on Friday Night (Six games) - 34
Shots on Goal in the UNO-DU game on Saturday Night - 60

all bear
10-28-2013, 03:17 PM
That's why someone like me with a crummy overall record, 13-15-2, can be tied for 6th. I just happened to luck out and pick the correct total goals that first week.

I do congratulate you though, all bear, on your 22-6-2 record. I'm rather embarrassed that I'm ahead of you in the standings. Never-the-less, I will continue on with my unexceptional picks.

Having you in front of me in the standings is acceptable in my book, but having that uber-hack rookie UncRay is not :D