PDA

View Full Version : 2013-2014: NCAA Weekly Pick'em

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

UML
10-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Friday:
Penn State @ Air Force - Air Force
Lake Superior State @ Union - Lake Superior State
Minnesota Duluth @ Colorado College - Colorado College
Quinnipiac @ Massachusetts Lowell - Massachusetts Lowell
Colgate @ Bowling Green - Bowling Green

Saturday:
North Dakota @ Miami - North Dakota
Wisconsin @ Boston University - Boston University
Bentley @ Maine - Maine
Minnesota @ Bemidji State - Minnesota
Michigan @ New Hampshire - Michigan

BONUS (5 points if correct, otherwise 0 points)
Total Goals Scored by Harvard, Yale, and Dartmouth in their Exhibition games - 11
Penalty Minutes in the Niagara-Robert Morris game on Saturday - 16

Fighting Sioux 23
10-18-2013, 11:14 AM
I just thought I would give this a courtesy bump to anyone else still thinking about making their picks for this weekend. :)

brhull169
10-18-2013, 11:43 AM
:p:D:D

I think North Dakota's just a bit too young to have success at Miami this early in the season. If the series were in February or March, I would probably pick a split, but I think Miami is too deep and too experienced to pick up anything less than 4-5 points. I see one of the games being very close, and perhaps even a tie. The other, I see Miami walking away with a 2-3 goal win.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong. :)

I'd love a tie and a win. Should be a lot of fun. Looking forward to the games.

gochiefs
10-18-2013, 04:31 PM
I missed last week so I have a lot of ground to make up.

Friday:
Penn State @ Air Force - Air Force
Lake Superior State @ Union - Union
Minnesota Duluth @ Colorado College - Colorado College
Quinnipiac @ Massachusetts Lowell - Lowell
Colgate @ Bowling Green - Bowling Green

Saturday:
North Dakota @ Miami - Miami
Wisconsin @ Boston University - Wisconsin
Bentley @ Maine - Maine
Minnesota @ Bemidji State - Minnesota
Michigan @ New Hampshire - UNH

Total Goals Scored by Harvard, Yale, and Dartmouth in their Exhibition games - 17
Penalty Minutes in the Niagara-Robert Morris game on Saturday - 20

Fighting Sioux 23
10-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Pretty rough night for predictions last night. Of the 27 posters who predicted, only 2 were above .500 (all bear and UML), and the majority (15/27) were below .500. That should make for an interesting Saturday night! :)

Fighting Sioux 23
10-19-2013, 08:45 AM
I missed last week so I have a lot of ground to make up.

Fortunately, this year there will be plenty of chances to make ground up if you miss a week.

UncleRay
10-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Pretty rough night for predictions last night. Of the 27 posters who predicted, only 2 were above .500 (all bear and UML), and the majority (15/27) were below .500. That should make for an interesting Saturday night! :)All bear's a hack. He will probably go 0-fer tonight.

Fighting Sioux 23
10-20-2013, 09:06 AM
All bear's a hack. He will probably go 0-fer tonight.

Or he'll go 5-0 :eek:

Also, USCHO apparently messed up, and the Harvard exhibition was actually the women's exhibition. The women scored 5 goals, along with Yale's 9, and Dartmouth's 7 for a total of 21 goals. Nobody correctly predicted that. The Niagara-Robert Morris game featured 50 penalty minutes. Nobody correctly predicted that. Consequently, no bonus points were awarded this week.

Week 3 Standings (Top 5):
1. all bear - 17 points (8-1-1)
2. UML - 15 points (7-2-1)
t3. FS23 - 13 points (6-3-1)
t3. Laker Dude - 13 points (6-3-1)
t3. FiveHole12 - 13 points (6-3-1)

t6. 11 different predictors had 11 points (5-4-1)
arickeo
drshoen
gochiefs
SanTropez
PcFriars13
Aerman
Uncle Ray
darker98
UpNorthHockey
Irish08

t17. 6 different predictors had 9 points (4-5-1)
SiouxFaninSeattle
aygwm2
FearTheWarrior
brhull169
driftryder
vizoroo

t23. 5 different predictors had 7 points (3-6-1)
Shirtless Bob
Terrance
SweeneyHawksHockey
97osu
bigblue_dl

Overall Standings (Top 10):
1. Aerman - 51 points (15-4-1)
2. Uncle Ray - 50 points (14-5-1)
t3. darker98 - 43 points (13-6-1)
t3. FS23 - 43 points (12-7-1)
t3. PcFriars13 - 43 points (12-7-1)
t3. Shirtless Bob - 43 points (11-8-1)
t7. Laker Dude - 41 points (13-6-1)
t7. 1988 - 41 points (13-6-1)
t7. aygwm2 - 41 points (10-9-1)
10. SiouxfaninSeattle - 39 points (12-7-1)

Special shout out to all bear and arickeo. all bear has the top prediction record currently with a 17-2-1 record, while arickeo is tied for 2nd with a 15-4-1 record. Keep that up, and they'll be atop the league in no time.

Fighting Sioux 23
10-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Here are the games for Week 4:

Friday:
Michigan Tech @ Northern Michigan -
Dartmouth vs. Princeton -
Miami @ Providence -
Boston College @ Minnesota -
Cornell @ Nebraska Omaha -

Saturday:
Sacred Heart @ American International -
Boston University @ Michigan State -
Notre Dame @ Minnesota Duluth -
Colorado College @ Clarkson -
New Hampshire @ Rensselaer -

Total Goals Scored in the US Under-18 @ North Dakota exhibition -
Total number of victories by road teams (read: away, not neutral) on Friday through Sunday -

1) All picks must be in by the drop of the puck of the FIRST game in the bunch. This week, that is FRIDAY at 7:00pm Eastern! (The 4pm Brown-Yale matchup is not an "away" game by either team)
2) No late picks will be allowed. No exceptions. This means that if you post your picks on Friday at 7:10pm Eastern, you will not receive credit for your picks.
3) Do NOT pick a tie. If you do, you will lose 2 points.
4) All correct picks will earn 2 points (unless stated otherwise). If a game ends in a tie (regardless of shootout), you will receive 1 point, unless you picked a tie, in which case you will LOSE 2 points. DO NOT PICK A TIE.
5) Anyone can play. You do not have to continue to predict after this week. You didn't have to predict last week.

Good Luck!

all bear
10-20-2013, 10:05 AM
All bear's a hack. He will probably go 0-fer tonight.

Directly on your left is "all bear", about ready to pass your sorry azz chump.:cool: Cant wait to see your frowning face in my rear view mirror soon. Hooorah:D

UncleRay
10-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Directly on your left is "all bear", about ready to pass your sorry azz chump.:cool: Cant wait to see your frowning face in my rear view mirror soon. Hooorah:DPffft. Let me know when you break the top 10, chump! :D

Also, USCHO apparently messed up, and the Harvard exhibition was actually the women's exhibition. The women scored 5 goals, along with Yale's 9, and Dartmouth's 7 for a total of 21 goals. Nobody correctly predicted that. The Niagara-Robert Morris game featured 50 penalty minutes. Nobody correctly predicted that. Consequently, no bonus points were awarded this week.But you implied Harvard men in your post. Since the Harvard men didn't score, I believe the total goals for the three teams is 16, and bonus points should be awarded to those who correctly guessed 16 (which does not include me, for all of you conspiracy theorists). Especially since you didn't propose counting the goals scored by the Yale and Dartmouth women. USCHO made a mistake, you didn't catch it, but neither did we. Or maybe three posters did catch it, but didn't let on. ;)

UncleRay
10-20-2013, 11:10 AM
What was the highest PM guess? 30? That wasn't even close to RoMo's tally for the night of 36. Are they trying for a new DI record?

all bear
10-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Pffft. Let me know when you break the top 10, chump! :D

But you implied Harvard men in your post. Since the Harvard men didn't score, I believe the total goals for the three teams is 16, and bonus points should be awarded to those who correctly guessed 16 (which does not include me, for all of you conspiracy theorists). Especially since you didn't propose counting the goals scored by the Yale and Dartmouth women. USCHO made a mistake, you didn't catch it, but neither did we. Or maybe three posters did catch it, but didn't let on. ;)

somehow ur trying to cheat...I can just feel it

UncleRay
10-20-2013, 11:49 AM
somehow ur trying to cheat...I can just feel itIf you ain't cheatin', you ain't trying.

Aerman
10-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Keep that up, and they'll be atop the league in no time.

Hey! I'm sitting right here. I can HEAR you! :mad:;)

UncleRay
10-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Hey! I'm sitting right here. I can HEAR you! :mad:;)I'm coming for you, old man. Can you hear that?? ;)

Fighting Sioux 23
10-20-2013, 04:07 PM
But you implied Harvard men in your post. Since the Harvard men didn't score, I believe the total goals for the three teams is 16, and bonus points should be awarded to those who correctly guessed 16 (which does not include me, for all of you conspiracy theorists). Especially since you didn't propose counting the goals scored by the Yale and Dartmouth women. USCHO made a mistake, you didn't catch it, but neither did we. Or maybe three posters did catch it, but didn't let on. ;)

The intent was to capture the total goals from 3 games. I'm not going to credit somebody's incorrect guess as correct. I did think momentarily to use the average goals multiplied by 3 (would have resulted in a total of 24). Under this method, nobody would have properly guessed. Ultimately, I decided to use the women's score because that was the intended game to have counted. Hopefully, we won't have any more of these issues in the coming weeks, and I'll try and stay away from exhibitions that I'm not entirely sure will occur. What I could have done (and it wouldn't have made a difference) is simply not count the bonus question do to the mistake. Perhaps that is what I'll do in the future.

That being said, three people picked 16 goals. If they knew of the mistake and didn't correct it, then that is their mistake. Let this be a lesson for future mistakes that I and/or USCHO make. :p:D:D

Fighting Sioux 23
10-20-2013, 04:11 PM
What was the highest PM guess? 30? That wasn't even close to RoMo's tally for the night of 36. Are they trying for a new DI record?

30 was the highest. I enjoyed doing the PM bonus because it is entirely random. Look for more of those as the season progresses.

Also, if anyone has any ideas that they would like to see for a bonus question, throw it out there. I'll try and incorporate those as the season goes.

97osu
10-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Friday:
Michigan Tech @ Northern Michigan - Northern Michigan
Dartmouth vs. Princeton - Dartmouth
Miami @ Providence - Miami
Boston College @ Minnesota - Minnesota
Cornell @ Nebraska Omaha - Cornell

Saturday:
Sacred Heart @ American International - Sacred Heart
Boston University @ Michigan State - Boston U
Notre Dame @ Minnesota Duluth - Notre Dame
Colorado College @ Clarkson - Colorado College
New Hampshire @ Rensselaer - RPI

Total Goals Scored in the US Under-18 @ North Dakota exhibition - 10
Total number of victories by road teams (read: away, not neutral) on Friday through Sunday - 7

Siouxfaninseattle
10-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Also, if anyone has any ideas that they would like to see for a bonus question, throw it out there. I'll try and incorporate those as the season goes.

I think a bonus question should be how may places UncleRay will fall this week?:D