Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey '13-14: Are you Red-E?

Love reading Red's quotes that a pass on the tape is more important than any strategy and talking about how much more he wants to improve after a 7-0 win. Sounds like there's not going to be any laurels to rest on. Awesome.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

The GPI top 10

1. N Dakota St (1.00)
      2. E Illinois (2.00)
      3. E Washington (3.43)
      4. SE Louisiana (5.00)
      5. Maine (5.14)
      6. Towson (6.71)
      7. McNeese St (7.86)
      8. Montana (9.57)
      9. Youngstown St (11.00)
      10. Sam Houston St (11.86)

The CAA is the second-toughest conference.

#3 Eastern Washington plays #49 Portland State
      #4 SE Louisiana plays #72 Nicholls State (Thursday)
      #5 Maine plays at #26 New Hampshire
      #6 Towson plays #39 James Madison

Maine plays the highest-ranked team and is the only team to play on the road this weekend. If both SE Louisiana and Maine win the race for #4 becomes extremely close. Whoever finishes #5 would (presumably) have to go to #4 to play a QF game. I like Maine's chances if they host SE Louisiana on December 14 than if they have to travel to the Bayou.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        The GPI top 10

1. N Dakota St (1.00)
        2. E Illinois (2.00)
        3. E Washington (3.43)
        4. SE Louisiana (5.00)
        5. Maine (5.14)
        6. Towson (6.71)
        7. McNeese St (7.86)
        8. Montana (9.57)
        9. Youngstown St (11.00)
        10. Sam Houston St (11.86)

The CAA is the second-toughest conference.

#3 Eastern Washington plays #49 Portland State
        #4 SE Louisiana plays #72 Nicholls State (Thursday)
        #5 Maine plays at #26 New Hampshire
        #6 Towson plays #39 James Madison

Maine plays the highest-ranked team and is the only team to play on the road this weekend. If both SE Louisiana and Maine win the race for #4 becomes extremely close. Whoever finishes #5 would (presumably) have to go to #4 to play a QF game. I like Maine's chances if they host SE Louisiana on December 14 than if they have to travel to the Bayou.

Yeah, SE Louisiana in a 10 degree blizzard in December would be cool....literally
        sure why not

Comment

Gustav Nyquist has been called up to the Red Wings, will play tomorrow night

Comment

I like Maine's chances if they host SE Louisiana on December 14 than if they have to travel to the Bayou.
            Would the game be the 14th or the 7th? I was trying to quickly find an FCS playoff schedule online but was failing at the Googles...
            You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
            ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
            ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
            ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
              Would the game be the 14th or the 7th? I was trying to quickly find an FCS playoff schedule online but was failing at the Googles...
              December 14.

Nov 22 = final regular season game
              Nov 29 = 1st round (Maine will have a bye)
              December 7 = 2nd round (Maine home game)
              December 14 = QF round (Maine vs SE Louisiana)

Comment

December 14.

Nov 22 = final regular season game
                Nov 29 = 1st round (Maine will have a bye)
                December 7 = 2nd round (Maine home game)
                December 14 = QF round (Maine vs SE Louisiana)
                Think you mean Nov 23 and Nov 30. Of course, it should be pretty easy to outscore UNH on the 22nd, as they'll be in class.
                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Watching Detroit Red Wings and Carolina Hurricanes play on Center Ice.. Gustav Nyquist started on the #1 line and scored a goal 17 seconds into the 1St Period..Great way to start in his first game since being called up from Grand Rapids

Comment

• Originally posted by Maine Hockey Fan View Post
                    Watching Detroit Red Wings and Carolina Hurricanes play on Center Ice.. Gustav Nyquist started on the #1 line and scored a goal 17 seconds into the 1St Period..Great way to start in his first game since being called up from Grand Rapids
                    Whoa...

Comment

Why not tack on the GWG as well on a sick breakaway move for good measure. I don't know if they can afford to not to have him playing in Detroit after that game.
                      New Hampshire: only useful for connecting Maine to the rest of the United States.

Comment

Quite a statement by Goose. Something tells me that Detroit will find a way to fit him in, or risk having Wings fans riot in the streets.

Comment

http://redwings.nhl.com/index.html

Right at the beginning and about 3:45 into it. The guy can play the game...
                          sure why not

Comment

2 shots, 2 goals.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              2 shots, 2 goals.
                              Well. I don't post on here much lately. But I can say this. I am pretty happy lately with UMaine. With the football game on tomorrow at noon. And a BC match-up with hockey at 7:30 PM. And hockey turning it around... let's face it, this team has achieved more home wins already than last year's team. What has me more impressed is that there are certain players that I can see that have improved their game. I have a lot of faith in this coaching staff. I listen to the coach's show and I like Gendron's nuts and bolts style. But I also listened to Leach on the coach's show... and I was very impressed with his interview. He really struck me as a passionate guy that wants to teach the game of hockey. Struck me as a Standbrook style guy. A teacher of the game, a strong recruiter, and a winning attitude in how he speaks. And the game I watched I saw Guite very active with Lomberg behind the bench. Talk about a player like Guite. Lomberg is aggressive like Guite. Let's see if he goes to the front of the net and can sit on the door step like Guite. I know I can't get the cart before the horse, but there was a time where I couldn't seem to get excited enough to even want to watch Maine hockey after years of following that team almost every game. And now I am watching and listening. This is making me a fan again, and this means we are gearing up I think. I mean, don't you think?

Comment

Quote of the week... "OK, ok, even I love Maine football now. And I think it should be discussed throughout any forum possible. I am going to the game with face paint and possibly pom-poms. Just believe, I am going to tweet even though I have two followers." - Brian Kasabian

Comment

Working...
                                X