X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Hockey '13-14: Are you Red-E?

Originally posted by Tango View Post
    Just watched the Hockey East preview video. Anyone know why Maine was the only school without an interview? Just some video of Ouellette making a save?
    The new athletic director is going to have a lot of work ahead of them.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

how was the turnout at alfond?

Comment

I'd say the turnout was pretty good for a Sunday afternoon competing against a Patriots game.
        Maine won, 5-1. The stats showed Maine outshooting Dalhousie something like 42-16. I don't know the penalty statistics, but it seemed to me that the refs were calling a lot of marginal penalties vs. Maine. There were several slashing calls where the Maine player used his stick to hit a Dalhousie stick, not breaking the stick but making a loud noise.

I was impressed by Maine's hustle, or work ethic. I didn't see very many players just cruising down the ice.

I would be curious about the reactions of fans who know more about hockey that I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          I would think Lean-Shore-Lomberg is the first line. Why in **** is Norman playing with Renouf? Is the audio or video working for anyone?
          When is Maine going to join the real world and start streaming video in Hi Def? And please get the audio right. Listening to 50% of a game doesn't cut it. It' just really annoying and Maine fans deserve better.

Comment

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
            I'd say the turnout was pretty good for a Sunday afternoon competing against a Patriots game.
            Maine won, 5-1. The stats showed Maine outshooting Dalhousie something like 42-16. I don't know the penalty statistics, but it seemed to me that the refs were calling a lot of marginal penalties vs. Maine. There were several slashing calls where the Maine player used his stick to hit a Dalhousie stick, not breaking the stick but making a loud noise.

I was impressed by Maine's hustle, or work ethic. I didn't see very many players just cruising down the ice.

I would be curious about the reactions of fans who know more about hockey that I do.
            I agree on the turnout. It looked to me on my computer that there were a lot more people there today than a lot of games last year. I would guess there were 3600 to 3800 people there.

I was pretty happy with the freshmen. I think Renouf, Byron, Brown, and Morgan will all contribute straightaway. The others all looked decent and there were none who I thought wouldn't make it at this level. We've had a few of those the last six or seven years too.

As far as everything else, it was hard for me to take much out of the game. Dalhousie was obviously gassed and were without a lot of their top guys. I'm definitely excited for the season, with Maine's schedule they should be pretty close to 20 wins.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

After the game Red said, "We still have a million things to work on." The first one is discipline. 11 penalties? That won't fly.

It was great to see everyone involved in the offense. Live stats crapped out after Maine's final goal, but at that point Maine had 17 players with at least one SOG. The freshmen tallied 1G 3A and 7 shots on net.

Maine never scored five goals at home in any game last season. They did not score five total goals at home until November 2, a 4-2 loss to Boston College. In all, Maine scored only 34 goals in 18 home games last season. They are already on a pace to shatter that mark.

Comment

First period was fun, second period was timmay time, third period was back to being fun. Talent is still an issue, finishers being the biggest concern. Like the way Byron always tries to go to the net. Brown looks like he will generate some excitement as a pest. Lonborg looks faster. Marty looked great. Considering no practices, not bad.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

At 6:56 PM the hashtag #gomaine was the second-highest trending topic worldwide on Twitter, following only Peyton Manning.
                  https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BV7cAOoIcAAlGeH.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Chairman of the Boards View Post
                    When is Maine going to join the real world and start streaming video in Hi Def? And please get the audio right. Listening to 50% of a game doesn't cut it. It' just really annoying and Maine fans deserve better.
                    I didn't try the video because I was at the game. But it will be a cold day in hell before I try streaming video from the current providers. I paid by $8 (or whatever it was) for video of Maine's first home football game (vs. Bryant??), and it was very unsatisfactory. Sometimes the operator wouldn't even point the camera at the action, much less follow it as the play progressed. As I recall, I had the same experience when I tried the video for a hockey game last year.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                      how was the turnout at alfond?
                      Here's a pic from section AA:
                      https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...41209546_n.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        At 6:56 PM the hashtag #gomaine was the second-highest trending topic worldwide on Twitter, following only Peyton Manning.
                        https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BV7cAOoIcAAlGeH.jpg
                        That's amazing!

Comment

Maine gets goals from 5 different players in 5-1 exhibition win over Dalhousie

By Larry Mahoney, BDN Staff
                          Posted Oct. 06, 2013, at 8:24 p.m.

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/10/0...ver-dalhousie/

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                            That's amazing!
                            There were 4-5 of us using it throughout the game, then the game ended and the students started. Perfect storm.

Comment

Very entertaining game. Maine worked hard and battled for loose pucks. Way too many penalties. Maine will pay for the lack of discipline if they play conference teams that way. The officials were from Hockey East, so a reflection of how the game would have been called if within conference. Cam Brown is a very active player and was fun to watch. Ouellette looked good but wasn't really challenged. Student section was full and the atmosphere was like a playoff game instead of an exhibition. Overall, I was encouraged with what I saw.

Comment

A good effort for the first game of the season, not exactly against the strongest team, but a good effort. Sounds like a lot of positives to build on and a a lot of things to work on. They will have to cut the penalties down a ton, 11 just won't cut it. Glad to see hockey season has started, been a long wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X