Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey '13-14: Are you Red-E?

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    How is Shore looking?
    Shore's passing is the best on the team. His PPG on the 5 on 3 at UMass was a snipe too. He looks good and hes going to be really good before long.

Comment

He has some talent for sure, but I'm not convinced he'll ever be "really good".

He's just too naturally passive, IMO... A poor-man's Spencer Abbott, with a lot less vision of the ice and considerably less dexterity.

Red is changing things at Maine, and there is some evident progress, but it's still looking like a 3-4 year project, at best.

Comment

Maine drops to 34th in the pairwise this week. The fluctuations are immense. I wonder if that is caused by the very small sample size or if this will continue because now all 59 teams are ranked instead of 25.

Hockey East
        #4 Providence (1)
        #5 Boston College (18)
        #6 Lowell (29)
        #14 Vermont (20)
        #15 Boston U (36)
        #16 Northeastern (14)
        #19 Notre Dame (8)
        #34 Maine (23)
        #35 New Hampshire (28)
        #40 UMass (48)
        #45 Merrimack (47)

Seven in the top 20. Plus future opponent Quinnipiac (#3) means Maine's schedule is going to fierce moving forward.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump
            You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
            ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
            ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
            ...you hate UNH.

Comment

I had a father in law that the grandkids and the family called "Bump". Passed away in 2005. A pretty special guy and a loyal Maine hockey fan . Larger than life and a terrific athlete and basketball player at Bangor High in his day. 6 foot 6 and a heart just as big. RIP in peace Bump, you are missed.
              Last edited by all bear; 11-06-2013, 05:11 PM.
              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                I had a father in law that the grandkids and the family called "Bump". Passed away in 2005. A pretty special guy and a loyal Maine hockey fan . Larger than life and a terrific athlete and basketball player at Bangor High in his day. 6 foot 6 and a heart just as big. RIP in peace Bump, you are missed.
                there was a guy in brunswick when i was growing up that owned a state farm insurance agency named "bump" orr....

in other news, my organization held it's annual meeting today in portland at the holiday inn by the bay. simultaneously, the maine technology institute was hosting their major symposium for the year..... as i was milling about greeting some of our attendees, in walks kerluke with his new venture....

Comment

Well don't be coy... What's he up to these days?

Comment

It isn't a secret. It was reported he is starting a company with the Tim Whitehead skype goalie coach to market software they've developed to analyze video of hockey goalies

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      It isn't a secret. It was reported he is starting a company with the Tim Whitehead skype goalie coach to market software they've developed to analyze video of hockey goalies
                      exactly.

fwiw, a friend of mine went to their product demo and thought it was pretty interesting stuff. still though, it's a limited marketplace for a very niche product.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                        exactly.

fwiw, a friend of mine went to their product demo and thought it was pretty interesting stuff. still though, it's a limited marketplace for a very niche product.
                        But after spending a few thousand dollars for all the goalie equipment, whats a few thousand more to mom and pop goalie parents for some nice video analysis when your young'ins a strugglin in net ?
                        sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                          exactly.

I don't think he'll become a billionaire off it, but could see him making a bit of money. I can't imagine there is much if any variable cost and I don't believe he has to worry about fulfillment/distribution. Don't you just download it? I could see either a Nike/Under Armour type or a technology company buying it for a few million in a couple years. Never underestimate how much parents are willing to spend on their kids.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            I don't think he'll become a billionaire off it, but could see him making a bit of money. I can't imagine there is much if any variable cost and I don't believe he has to worry about fulfillment/distribution. Don't you just download it? I could see either a Nike/Under Armour type or a technology company buying it for a few million in a couple years. Never underestimate how much parents are willing to spend on their kids.
                            Maybe they should go on Shark Tank!

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                              Maybe they should go on Shark Tank!
                              Stop the madness !!
                              (Kevin O'Leary)
                              Last edited by all bear; 11-07-2013, 02:52 PM.
                              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                                Stop the madness !!
                                (Kevin O'Leary)
                                "I understand you coached under TIMMAY...and for that reason..I'm out!"

Comment

Working...
                                X