Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey '13-14: Are you Red-E?

No reason they can't get to the FF on occasion, but if fans are expecting the NCAA's on a regular basis then they are going to be disappointed. Best comparison I can think of for the Maine situation is UMASS hoops under Calipari.
    Last edited by carltonbarrett; 10-19-2013, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      I have nothing against Maine, I just find it fascinating that its fans assume that the team's rightful place in the college hockey world is perennial frozen four juggernaut. As I've said before, there was a "perfect storm" of circumstances that allowed Walshy to catch lightning in a bottle, but using a phrase that Rick Pitino made famous, Shawn Walsh is not walking through that door! Not saying Maine can't be a good team, just saying that they're a lot closer to UMASS, UVM, MC and UML than they are to BU, BC or Notre Dame and the sooner you Mainuhs can accept that, the less disappointed you'll be going forward...
      Jerry will retire soon, BC wasn't that great before him better hope they make the right choice when he does
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
        No reason they can't get to the FF on occasion, but if fans are expecting the NCAA's on a regular basis then they are going to be disappointed. Best comparison I can think of for the Maine situation is UMASS hoops under Calipari.
        Go away........

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Jerry will retire soon, BC wasn't that great before him better hope they make the right choice when he does
          I think the big difference between "pre" and "post" Jerry is that BC recruits from all over North America now, not just inside of I-495 like they did before, giving them access to a lot more talent. I feel pretty good about our chances of keeping it going once he retires.

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
            I think the big difference between "pre" and "post" Jerry is that BC recruits from all over North America now, not just inside of I-495 like they did before, giving them access to a lot more talent. I feel pretty good about our chances of keeping it going once he retires.
            Have a down season without jerry and all bets are off. Jerry might be the best ever, big shoes to fill

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Have a down season without jerry and all bets are off. Jerry might be the best ever, big shoes to fill
              It's a possibility I guess. Who would have believed BU would go into the funk it did after the 97 season?

Comment

I agree. It's not all about Jerry York determining BC"s success. BC has recruiting, academic credentials and a very large pocket book. Another coach (along with a good recruiter), would sustain the program. When a team struggles it's always the coach and when it's successful it's the players. If BC struggles after York leaves, it will be the coach's fault, regardless of other factors.
                Last edited by Runsub5; 10-19-2013, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Big Ben killing it this year...

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ling-the-vibe/
                  Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

You do realize boston college hasn't always been a juggernaut and there only success in the last 15 years is because of jerry york, there is a very good possibility they become what maine has become after york leaves. Boston college won't just be good because of there name if they don't put the right coach behind it. If you think BC will automatically be good then your in for a rude awakening buddy.
                    Your analysis can apply for every college hockey team with a great head coach who leaves. But to say maine is like umass under calipari is very funny. Umass basketball was around for alot longer then umaine was before walsh took over maine, they have basically be good from the start. Maine was a dominant team for basically a generation, thats alot more then umass bball can say or lssu hockey can say etc.
                    Last edited by Allagash; 10-19-2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Sitting in alfond,waiting patiently for the Red era to begin in earnest

Comment

• Originally posted by Allagash View Post
                        You do realize boston college hasn't always been a juggernaut and there only success in the last 15 years is because of jerry york, there is a very good possibility they become what maine has become after york leaves. Boston college won't just be good because of there name if they don't put the right coach behind it. If you think BC will automatically be good then your in for a rude awakening buddy.
                        Your analysis can apply for every college hockey team with a great head coach who leaves. But to say maine is like umass under calipari is very funny. Umass basketball was around for alot longer then umaine was before walsh took over maine, they have basically be good from the start. Maine was a dominant team for basically a generation, thats alot more then umass bball can say or lssu hockey can say etc.
                        We all know about the Cedorchuk/Milbury fiasco but that's a very small sampling of BC's overall history and you obviously haven't followed hockey very long if you don't know that BC's been one of the most successful programs in NCAA history, not just the York era. Top players will be interested in going to BC regardless of who the coach is, it's not a tough sell, believe me.

Comment

Stretch internet radio not working for me. Anyone else having issues, or do they not broadcast pregame anymore?

edit: there it is... larry riding shotgun... sigh...
                          Last edited by gscott13; 10-19-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Sitting in alfond,waiting patiently for the Red era to begin in earnest
                            how's the turnout?

Comment

Higgins from Leen 2:30 into the second off a Bentley turnover.

and it's tied. 3:55 gone in the first
                              Last edited by gscott13; 10-19-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                                how's the turnout?
                                Better than last year, still not full. Goal for Bentley was weak. Poor position for marty

Comment

Working...
                                X