Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey '13-14: Are you Red-E?

It says at the Bangor Daily that Dan Hannigan is now going to do the television play by play, and he also now going to be doing the Football television games as well.

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/10/1...?ref=SportsBox

It's not clear to me whether or not he will be doing radio play by play of the hockey games simultaneously, or whether or not there will be someone else to cover for him, as the article seems to be somewhat ambiguous...

Comment

• Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
      It says at the Bangor Daily that Dan Hannigan is now going to do the television play by play, and he also now going to be doing the Football television games as well.

It's not clear to me whether or not he will be doing radio play by play of the hockey games simultaneously, or whether or not there will be someone else to cover for him, as the article seems to be somewhat ambiguous...
      "Look at that...you can't see that, I'm on the radio."

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
        Have you looked at Maine's roster from 1993?

College hockey may have gotten deeper and the talent more spread around, but third liners from championship teams in the early 90s, woah. No third liner from any of BC's championship teams recently cracks Maine's 92 or 93 lineup, I haven't looked specifically, but I imagine not BU's 95 either.
        Mike Lephart would certainly have been on Maine's 3rd or 4th line in 93. I don't have those BC rosters handy, but there were others such as Steve Whitney, Almeida, etc who were 3rd and 4th liners early in their careers that would also have been playing on those Maine teams. A more valid argument would be that there's nobody on Maine's current team who would have been on the 93 roster period.
        Last edited by carltonbarrett; 10-16-2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
          Mike Lephart would certainly have been on Maine's 3rd or 4th line in 93. I don't have those BC rosters handy, but there were others such as Steve Whitney, Almeida, etc who were 3rd and 4th liners early in their careers that would also have been playing on those Maine teams. A more valid argument would be that there's nobody on Maine's current team who would have been on the 93 roster period.
          No one who ever played at BC plays on that Maine team...period, maybe Leetch but I doubt it. You city boyz get turned away at the state line for good reason
          sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by all bear View Post
            No one who ever played at BC plays on that Maine team...period, maybe Leetch but I doubt it. You city boyz get turned away at the state line for good reason
            BC's 2001 team would have destroyed Maine's 93 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
              Lol, and Sidney Crosby probably wouldn't crack BC's lineup, right?
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                Drugs are bad, mm-kay.

Comment

Originally posted by umainesuperfan View Post
                  aren't those the two major parts of shooting?

that's like saying, you know what he could be a really good shooter if only he could fix his footwork and his release and his shot selection, or he could be a great dunker if he could, you know, jump high enough to dunk.

if you're 20 years old and have been playing elite hockey for the better part of a decade, you don't just suddenly get better at shooting if you're not already good do you? maybe i'm off base here, but it seems like you're saying he doesn't shoot quick enough, and he needs a better release, and those things will just magically happen and that it's not a stretch for him to attain that. seems like if it was going to happen it would have already.

i've seen nothing to suggest that shore will be a dominant player during his college career. he will be steady and will play good two way hockey but i just haven't seen it yet. that being said who you play with can really affect your traditional stat output. look at anthoine. he can barely skate, pass, or do a whole slew of other things and he is often forgettable, yet he was at the top of the nation in PPG's that one year where he just camped out in front of the net and banged home goals. hopefully leen and lomberg prove to be capable linemates. i think that they would be an incredible second line, but expecting them to carry the offense against other first lines is a little bit of a lofty goal IMO.
                  Lucas Lawson did it. He had 5 points his first season. Shore had 26. We should see how things progress.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                    From what I saw last year he does have a finishing touch if he shoots the puck quicker with a better release
                    (Didn't want to be too big of a windbag last night, or I would have made the same point, in some part.)

IMO Devin needs to snap-off a wrister whenever he's in the low slot, instead of attempting to skate around three defenders while looking for a better angle that is never going to materialize.

He can play hockey; maybe it's just that he feels it's incumbent on him to score every time he touches the puck on this very hands-challenged Maine team.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                      Pass it over, my friend... Neither team would have "destroyed" the other.

Too bad we can't see those two terrific teams play each other, though. That would be big fun, but my $ would be on the '93 Maine team, by at least two goals.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-17-2013, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Well FWIW,Giant Killer Sacred Heart beat Bentley last night 3-1(SH beat UML last weekend,while Bentley split with Neb/Omaha)

Comment

Haven't been to Orono in almost 20 months. I'll be there Saturday! Football and Hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Pass it over, my friend... Neither team would have "destroyed" the other.

Too bad we can't see those two terrific teams play each other, though. That would be big fun, but my $ would be on the '93 Maine team, by at least two goals.

BC's 2001 team wouldnt have gotten a sniff ....there were some BU teams though that could have, and actually did, give them a battle for a short bit.
                            sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post

"Hannigan will then do the radio broadcast of UMaine’s hockey game against Bentley at 7:30 p.m. Saturday."

Sounds like he'll be doing both to me...
                              You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                              ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                              ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                              ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
                                "Hannigan will then do the radio broadcast of UMaine’s hockey game against Bentley at 7:30 p.m. Saturday."

Sounds like he'll be doing both to me...
                                Perhaps this has already been discussed but what tv stations in So. Maine will be carrying the games?

Comment

Working...
                                X